|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Economic freedom for women means sexual freedom, and sexual freedom means birth control...
- Interviewee: I said, I think, that a guy who's always interested in the condition of the world and changing it either has no problems of his own or refuses to face them.
- Interviewee: Kerensky was anxious to conduct it [World War I], produce some battalions of women who were going to go and fight.
- Interviewee: We all have problems, don't you know? But to take on the problem of all humanity, to save all humanity, my God, that was too big even for Jesus Christ.
- A mujahid in Baku: They are supporting you [John Reed] for your call for a holy war of Islamic people against the western infidels.
- Lee Slater Overman: ...are there no decent, God-fearing Christians among the Bolsheviks?
- Louise Bryant: Does one have to be God-fearing and Christian to be decent?
- Warren Beatty - John Silas "Jack" Reed
- Diane Keaton - Louise Bryant
- Edward Herrmann as Max Eastman
- Jerzy Kosinski] as Grigory Zinoviev
- w:Jack Nicholson - Eugene O'Neill
- Paul Sorvino - Louis C. Fraina
- Maureen Stapleton - Emma Goldman
- Nicolas Coster - Paul Trullinger
- William Daniel as Julius Gerber
- M. Emmet Walsh - Speaker – Liberal Club
- Ian Wolfe as Mr. Partlow
- Bessie Love - Mrs. Partlow
- Max Wright - Floyd Dell
- George Plimpton - Horace Whigham
- Harry Ditson - Maurice Becker
- Leigh Curran - Ida Rauh
- Kathryn Grody - Crystal Eastman
- :Dolph Sweet - Big Bill Haywood
- Gene Hackman - Pete Van Wherry
- Nancy Duiguid - Jane Heap
- Dave King - Allan L. Benson
- Roger Sloman - Vladimir Lenin
- Stuart Richman as Leon Trotsky
- Oleg Kerensky as Alexander Kerensky
- John J. Hooker as Senator Overman
- Jan Triska as Karl Radek