Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Sorry, old cock, to leave it in this shape.
- Said to James Callahan, the incoming Chancellor of the Exchequer, when leaving the Treasury in 1964. In Time and Chance, James Callahan (1987).
- The Conservative Party has one overriding concern in foreign policy, and that is the growth of Communist power and influence in the world, and the dangers it can bring for all of us.
- The Times (26 April, 1976).
- There comes a time in every man's life when he must make way for an older man.
- Remark made in Smoking Room of House of Commons on being dropped from Margaret Thatcher's Shadow Cabinet.
- For God's sake, bring me a large Scotch. What a bloody awful country.
- Said on the aeroplane after visiting Northern Ireland for the first time.