Reinhold Richard "Reince" Priebus born (March 18, 1972) is an American lawyer, politician, and former White House Chief of Staff for U.S. President Donald Trump, serving from January 20, 2017 until July 28, 2017. Priebus is the shortest serving non-interim Chief of Staff in American history. Priebus previously served as the Republican National Committee chairman, RNC general counsel, and chairman of the Republican Party of Wisconsin.
|This political figure article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- While debates are meant to include tough questions and contrast candidates' visions and policies for the future of America, CNBC's moderators engaged in a series of 'gotcha' questions, petty and mean-spirited in tone, and designed to embarrass our candidates. What took place Wednesday night was not an attempt to give the American people a greater understanding of our candidates' policies and ideas
- Debate fallout: GOP suspends partnership with NBC (October 30, 2015)
- Nomination process known for a year + beyond. It's the responsibility of the campaigns to understand it. Complaints now? Give us all a break.
- On the electoral process, "Trump vs. RNC: Priebus pushes back" (April 13, 2106)
- I'm not gonna rule out anything, but we're not gonna have a registry based on a religion.
- @Reince on President-elect Trump's proposed Muslim ban, "An NBC News Twitter Account Cut Off Full Priebus Quote On Muslim Registry" (November 20, 2016)
- It's really not about crowd size.
- On Donald Trump's inauguration attendance versus Barack Obama's Priebus: 'Not About Crowd Size...What It's About Is Honesty in the Media' (January 23, 2017)
- It doesn't just say Christians. It also says persecuted Muslims get priority as well. So, this is not a Muslim ban.... And the reason we chose those seven countries was, those were the seven countries that both the Congress and the Obama administration identified as being the seven countries that were most identifiable with dangerous terrorism taking place in their country.... Now, you can point to other countries that have similar problems, like Pakistan and others. Perhaps we need to take it further. But for now, immediate steps, pulling the Band-Aid off, is to do further vetting for people traveling in and out of those countries.”
- Discussing bill to bar entry to U.S. from seven Muslim-majority nations (Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen), "Priebus and Conway Echo Trump: ‘This Is Not a Muslim Ban’ (January 30, 2017)
Quotes about Priebus
- You don't get to tell us what to do, Reince. You don't get to tell us what to do any more than Barack Obama did. Barack Obama whined about Fox News all the time, but I've got to say, he never said we were an enemy of the people."
- Chris Wallace, Fox News, on President Trump's attack on the media. "You don't get to tell us what to do': Fox News anchor confronts Reince Priebus over Trump's media criticism"  (February 19, 2017)