Requiem for a Dream
- I'm thinking thin.
- Harold, I'm gonna be on television.
- [on her pills] Purple in the morning, blue in the afternoon, orange in the evening. [to her refrigerator] There's my three meals, Mr. Smartypants. And green at night. Just like that, one, two, three, four.
- And you should see my Harry on television. We're giving the prizes away. I just wanted to be on the show!
- In the end it's all nice.
- I'm somebody now, Harry. Everybody likes me. Soon, millions of people will see me and they'll all like me. I'll tell them about you, and your father, how good he was to us. Remember? It's a reason to get up in the morning. It's a reason to lose weight, to fit in the red dress. It's a reason to smile. It makes tomorrow all right. What have I got Harry, hm? Why should I even make the bed, or wash the dishes? I do them, but why should I? I'm alone. Your father's gone, you're gone. I got no one to care for. What have I got, Harry? I'm lonely. I'm old. Now when I get the sun, I smile.
- I'm walkin' across the stage!!
- Somebody like you can really make things all right for me.
- Ma. You on uppers?
- [to Marion] You are beautiful. You're the most beautiful girl in the world. You're my dream.
- Yeah, I'll come today. You just wait for me, alright? [pause] Marion...I'm really sorry, Marion.
- We got a winner.
- [Chanting] Be excited, be, be excited.
- [Rule] number three. Whoa, number three! This... drives... most... people... crazy.
- Join us in creating excellence!
- I know it's pretty baby, but I didn't take it out for air.
- Ass to ass! Ass to ass!
- Marion: I love you Harry. You make me feel like a person.
- Harry: Marion, you are the most beautiful girl in the world. You are my dream.
- Sara: How come you know more about medicine than a doctor?
- Harry: Believe me, Ma: I know.
- Sara: I'm somebody now, Harry. Everybody likes me. Soon, millions of people will see me and they'll all like me. I'll tell them about you, and your father, how good he was to us. Remember? It's a reason to get up in the morning. It's a reason to lose weight, to fit in the red dress. It's a reason to smile. It makes tomorrow all right. What have I got Harry, hm? Why should I even make the bed, or wash the dishes? I do them, but why should I? I'm alone. Your father's gone, you're gone. I got no one to care for. What have I got, Harry? I'm lonely. I'm old.
- Harry: You got friends, Ma.
- Sara: Ah, it's not the same. They don't need me. I like the way I feel. I like thinking about the red dress and the television and you and your father. Now when I get the sun, I smile.
- Tappy Tibbons: We got a winner, I said we got a winner, we got a winner! Our next winner is that delightful personality, straight from Brighton beach Brooklyn, Please give a juicy welcome to Mrs. Sarah Goldfarb!
- The Audience: Juice by Sarah, juice by Sarah, juice by Sarah oh, Sarah's got juice, Sarah's got juice, ohhhhhhhh Sarah
- Tappy Tibbons: I'm delighted to tell you, that you've just won the grand prize!
- Sara: Oh no!
- Tappy Tibbons: Now let me tell you what you've won. Your prize has a sweet smile, and his own private business. He just got engaged, and is about to get married this summer, please give a warm, and juicy welcome, Harry Goldfarb!
- The Audience: Juice by Harry, juice by Harry, ohhhh Harry's got juice, Harry's got juice ohhhhhh Harry.
- Sara: I love you Harry.
- Harry: I love you too ma.
- Tyrone: California, here we come.
- Harry: It's Florida, Ty. Florida.
- Tyrone: California, Florida, whatever. Either way, your pale ass is getting a tan.
- Harry: This is our only chance to make it big.
- Tyrone: C'mon baby let's do this... naturally.
- Harry: [Waking up after his arm was amputated] Marion? Marion?
- Angelic Nurse: Don't worry, you're in a hospital.
- Harry: Marion?
- Angelic Nurse: Who's that? She'll be sent for, she'll come.
- Harry: No... she won't.
- Angelic Nurse: She'll come.
- Harry: [crying] No... she won't come.
- Tyrone: [about the TV] Shit, this muthafucka's startin' to look a little seedy, man.
- Harry: What's the matter, you particular all the sudden?
- Tyrone: Hey, baby, I don't care if the motherfucker's growing hair just so long as we get our braid.
- Young Tyrone: I told you I would make it Mama.
- Tyrone's Mother: Oh, you don't have to make anything, my sweet, you just have to love your mother.
- Harry: [about the failed drug score] Some dumbass junkie...
- Marion: Did what? Some dumbass junkie did what? You mean, you fucked it up!
- Harry: What the fuck is wrong with you?
- Marion: You promised me that everything was gonna be okay, remember? I fucked that sleazebag for you, then I put myself through fucking hell for you?
- Harry: There's nothing out there!
- Marion: I don't give a shit! You fucking loser!
- Marion: Getting the money's not the problem, Harry.
- Harry: Then what's the problem?
- Marion: You don't know what I'm going to have to do to get it.
- Prison Doctor: Can you hear me? Can you see me?
- Prisoner: Yes sir.
- Prison Doctor: OK for work. Can you hear me? Can you see me?
- Tyrone: Yes.
- Prison Doctor: [hits Tyrone] Say "sir". Goddamn New York dope fiend niggers, learn some manners.
- Ellen Burstyn - Sarah Goldfarb
- Jared Leto - Harry Goldfarb
- Jennifer Connelly - Marion Silver
- Marlon Wayans - Tyrone C. Love
- Christopher McDonald - Tappy Tibbons