Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 5, known in Japan as Biohazard 5 (バイオハザード5), is a third person shooter video game developed and published by Capcom. The game, the seventh installment in the Resident Evil series, was released on March 5, 2009 in Japan and on March 13, 2009 in North America and Europe for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 and September 2009 for Microsoft Windows.
- Casualties continue to mount over the long years I've struggled. More and more I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for. Maybe one day, I'll find out.
- More and more I find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for. For a future without fear... Yeah, it's worth it.
- Seven minutes. Seven minutes is all I can spare to play with you.
- (Watching as Jill struggles against the effects of the virus) Remarkable! Still resisting at such an advanced stage. Commendable, yet futile!
- You've really become quite an inconvenience for me.
- Sheva: Wouldn't you rather be back in America than a place like this?
- Chris: Not necessarily. Some people might think America has its own dark side.
- Sheva: That doesn't sound very patriotic.
- Chris: I'm just a realist. It's a capitalist society. Not everyone is cut out for that kind of constant pressure. Sure, there are opportunities to be had, but at what price? You gain, someone else loses.
- Sheva: You don't sound like any American I've ever met.
- Chris: That's the great thing about us Americans, we're all different.
- Wesker: We last met at the Spencer Estate, wasn't it? Well isn't this one big family reunion. I would expect you to be happier to see us.
- Chris: Us...?
- Wesker: So slow to catch on.
- (Unmasks a hooded accompliss)
- Chris: Jill? Jill! It's me, Chris!
- Sheva: What? Are you sure that's her?
- Wesker: The one and only.
- (Jill proceeds to brutally attack Chris and Sheva. When they briefly gain the upper hand, Wesker intervenes, pausing the fight)
- Wesker: Now let's finish this once and for all. I think the odds are fair, two on two. Right Jill?
- Albert: The human race requires judgement!
- Chris: And you're going to judge us? Did you get all your ideas from comic book villains?
- Oswell: ...a new breed of humans given birth by the Progenitor virus. The Wesker children were entrusted with limitless potential. Of them, only one survived. You.
- Albert: Are you saying I was manufactured?
- Oswell: I was to become a god! Creating a new world with an advanced race of human beings. (rises from wheelchair) Now, my candle burns dimly. Ironic isn't it? For someone who has the right to be a god... to face his own mortality?
- Albert: The right to be a god...
- (Wesker shoves his hand into Spencer's chest)
- Albert: That right is now mine.
- (Spencer collapses down the stairs and dies)
- Albert: The right to be a god? You? Arrogant even until the end. Only those truly capable of being a god deserve that right.
- Chris: Why are you doing this? What do you accomplish by unleashing Uroboros?
- Wesker: Every day humans come one step closer to self destruction. I'm not destroying the world, I'm saving it!
- Wesker: Things are really getting interesting now, eh, Chris? Do you actually think you can defeat me?
- Chris: Either way, I'm not gonna stop until I'm dead!
- Wesker: [laughs grimly] Well then, I'll just have to kill you quickly.
- Wesker: Has it never occurred to you that this planet is overpopulated? Only a handful of humans truly matter. Everyone else is just so much chaff. So now I have to separate this chaff from the wheat. And with Uroboros I can finally accomplish this!
- Wesker: Only those with superior DNA will be chosen by Uroboros... Only those fit for survival will be allowed to carry their genes into a new age!
- Chris: And let me guess, you're the one that's going to rule this "new age", right?
- Wesker: [chuckles] Is that all you have? Let me clarify something to you, Chris. I don't think of myself as a king...
- Chris: Oh great. I feel more crazy talk coming on.
- Wesker: No, I am a god! And even kings bow to gods!
- Sheva: A god!? I think he's completely lost it!
- Chris: He never had it to begin with. We have to stop him.