Return to Lonesome Dove
Return to Lonesome Dove is a 1993 four part television miniseries, written by John Wilder involving characters created in Larry McMurtry's western novel Lonesome Dove which was broadcast by CBS and first aired on November 14–17, 1993. The story focuses on a retired Texas Ranger and his adventures driving mustangs from Texas to Montana.
- Captain Woodrow F. Call: Leave it to Augustus... first man I know who could get himself into a shootin' scrape after he was dead.
- Captain Woodrow F. Call: Newt? Dobbs, that was your mother's name. Call. That's Scot's so they tell me. It's had no dishonor I'm aware of.
- Gideon Walker: [to Woodrow] I'd forgotten how truly preserve you can be.
- Jasper Fant: We ain't here for a long time; we're here for a good time.
- Clara Allen: For a dull man, Woodrow manages to stir up a heap of trouble.
- Gregor Dunnigan: Barbed wire draws a nasty line, mister.
- Captain Woodrow F. Call: How do you spell Ogalala?
- Isom Pickett: I don't generally.
- Clara Allen: [to Woodrow] It's a sad woman needs anything from you.
- Ferris Dunnigan: Did you ever want anything so bad you'd do anything to get it?
- Jon Voight as Captain Woodrow F. Hall
- Barbara Hershey as Clara Allen
- Ricky Schroder as Newt Dobbs
- Louis Gossett, Jr. as Isom Pickett
- William Petersen as Gideon Walker
- Oliver Reed as Gregor Dunnigan
- Dennis Haysbert as Cherokee Jack Jackson
- Reese Witherspoon as Ferris Dunnigan
- Timothy Scott as Pea Eye Parker
- Chris Cooper as July Johnson
- C. C. H. Pounder as Sara Pickett
- Nia Peeples as Agostina Vega