- The players will have each other's backs, and if you take a swipe at one of ours, we'll take a swipe at two of yours.
- How much motivation are they going to get by putting a quote from me on the wall saying that I believe in my football team [...] If that's where you're going to draw motivation from, hell, we'll probably kick your (butt).
- Hutchinson, Dave (August 18, 2009). "NY Jets coach Rex Ryan takes swipe at New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick". The Star-Ledger (Advance Publications). Retrieved on March 9, 2011.
- The first step is, if you don't believe it yourself your team darn sure won't.
- No, we don't fear anything.
- You guys know me, that I'm about as positive a guy as there is. I believe our team is better than every [expletive] team in the league. I believe our players are better than any players in the league, right? Those are true statements. That's how I believe.