Richard Le Gallienne
Richard Thomas Le Gallienne (1866–1947) was an English man of letters, closely associated with the literary world of London in the 1890s; after that he resided in the USA, without altering his period style. The American actress Eva Le Gallienne (1899–1991) was his daughter, by his second marriage.
- Dear Sister, You dream like mad, you love like tinder, you aspire like a star-struck moth - for what? That you may hive little lyrics, and sell to a publisher for thirty pieces of silver.
- Opening Lines from Epistle Dedicatory, to his sister, Sissie Le Gallienne English Poems Copland & Day 1895 kindle ebook.
- Art was a palace once, things great and fair,
And strong and holy , found a temple there:
- To the Reader English Poems Copland & Day 1895 kindle ebook.
- Yea, howso we dream,
Or how bravely we do;
The end is the same,
Be we traitor or true:
And after the bloom
And the passion is past
Death comes at last.
- An old Man’s Song.
- Time’s horses gallop down the lessening hill.
- Time flies.
- There’s too much beauty upon this earth
For lonely men to bear.
- A Ballad of too much Beauty.