Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Are you lost daddy I arsked tenderly.
- Shut up he explained.
- The Young Immigrunts (1920), Chapter 10, "N.Y. to Grenitch 500.0"
- Soon my father had payed the check and gave the waiter a lordly bribe and once more we sprang into the machine and was on our way.
- The Young Immigrunts (1920), Chapter 5, "My Father's Idear"
- A good many young writers make the mistake of enclosing a stamped, self-addressed envelope, big enough for the manuscript to come back in. This is too much of a temptation to the editor.
Quotes about Ring Lardner
- Roving was good for the writer; to have been a reporter undoubtedly informed Ring Lardner, Ernest Hemingway, Stephen Crane. To know far more than he may ever use is imperative for the writer.
- Josephine Herbst "The Ruins of Memory" (April 4, 1956) in The Nation