Jump to navigation Jump to search
Rio Ferdinand (born November 7, 1978) is an English footballer of mixed St Lucian and Anglo-Irish descent. He plays at centre-back for Manchester United in the FA Premier League and at the international level for the England national football team.
- Gary Neville is the club captain but has been injured for the best part of a year now - and Giggsy's taken on the mantlepiece.
- Rio Ferdinand commenting on the Manchester United club captaincy.[]
- My name was out there in the public arena for people to make assumptions on why I missed a drugs test. That stigma is something that may never go away. I go out there and play for the fans and for my family and for myself and to have that taken away from me in such a way was disheartening and something that really did shock me. I'm man enough to admit that I did cry.
- quoted in Rio Ferdinand player profile. Times Online. Retrieved on 2007-01-22.
- It was wicked meeting Nelson Mandela.
- Rio Ferdinand commenting on what it was like meeting Nelson Mandela[]
- His temperament is always there to be questioned because he plays on the edge. That is just the way he plays.It is a cliche but if you took that edge away from Wayne he wouldn't be the same player and I would rather have the Wayne Rooney we have now.
- Rio Ferdinand on Wayne Rooney[]
- It hit me like a thunderbolt!
- Rio on how the drugs ban affected him[]
- Nobody wants to be associated with failing to qualify for the World Cup finals. I cannot imagine the shame of it.
- Rio Ferdinand's insight on how it would feel, not qualifying for World Cup finals[]
- I set myself high standards on the pitch and know I have not always lived up to them this season
- Rio Ferdinand on standards[]]
- Football is the most important thing in my life, but I do have a life outside football and this is one part. The TV, the music, the fashion - it all goes to make up Rio Ferdinand.
- Rio Ferdinand on his TV Show, "Rio's World Cup Wind Ups" []
Rio on Racism Sourced
- If you come out with racist comments, then I believe you shouldn’t be allowed to come to a football match. Don’t be so narrow minded, you’re bigger than that.
About Rio Ferdinand Sourced
- I was disappointed it wasn't reported that I said Rio Ferdinand was the best defender in the world.