Jump to navigation Jump to search
The dancing's over. Now it gets dirty.taglines
- Pain don't hurt.
- Give me the biggest guy in the world; you smash his knee and he'll drop like stone.
- [admiring Doc] That gal's got entirely too many brains to have an ass like that.
- I see you found my trophy room Dalton. The only thing that's missing... is your ass!
- Dalton: Steve, You're history…
- Steve: But I'm on my break..
- Dalton: Stay on it.
- Emmett: It ain't the money ya understand, but if I don't charge ya somethin' the Presbyterians around here are likely to pray for my ruination. How does a hundred dollars a month strike ya?
- Dalton: Fine.
- Emmett: Can ya afford that much?
- Dalton: If it keeps you in the good graces of the church.
- Emmett: Ain't it peculiar how money seems to do that very thing?
- Red: How long are you gonna be in town?
- Dalton: Not very long.
- Red: That's what I said 25 years ago.
- Dalton: Really? What happened?
- Red: I got married to an ugly woman. Don't ever do that. It just takes the energy right out of you. She left me, though. Found somebody even uglier than she was. That's life. Who can explain it?
- Dalton: People who want to have a good time won't come to a slaughterhouse, and we've got entirely too many troublemakers here..Too many uhh, 40 year old adolescents, felons, power drinkers, and trustees of modern chemistry...It's going to change.
- Hank: Yeah, that sure sounds great...but a lot of the guys who come in here we can't handle one-on-one, even two-on-one.
- Dalton: Don't worry about it; all you have to do is follow 3 simple rules: One, never underestimate your opponent..expect the unexpected; Two, take it outside, never start anything inside the bar unless it's absolutely necessary; and Three...be nice.
- Hank: [Incredulously] Come on!!
- Dalton: If somebody gets in your face and calls you a cocksucker I want you to be nice
- Hank: [With resignation] Ok
- Dalton: Ask him to walk, be nice. If he won't walk, walk him, but be nice. If you can't walk him, one of the others will help you and you will both be nice. I want you to remember that it's the job, it's nothing personal.
- Steve: Being called a cocksucker isn't personal?
- Dalton: No, it's two nouns combined to elicit a prescribed response.
- Steve: What if somebody calls my Mama a whore?
- Dalton: Is she?
- [everybody snickers]
- Dalton: I want you to be nice... until it's time... to not be nice
- Bouncer: So, uh, how are we supposed to know when that is?
- Dalton: You won't. I'll let you know. You are the bouncers, I am the cooler. All you have to do is watch my back and each others... and take out the trash!
- Doc: Your file says you've got a degree from NYU. What in?
- Dalton: Philosophy.
- Doc: Any particular discipline?
- Dalton: No. Not really. Man's search for faith. That sort of shit.
- Doc: Come up with any answers?
- Dalton: Not too many.
- Doc: How's a guy like you end up a bouncer?
- Dalton: Just lucky I guess.
- Carrie Ann: [chuckling] Oh, my god…
- Dalton: What is the joke?
- Carrie Ann: Well, there's no joke. I just think I'm looking at a dead man, though.
- Dalton: It seems everywhere I go, I hear that same joke.
- Carrie Ann: Yeah, well, something tells me you bring it on yourself.
- Wade: [on the phone] You havin' trouble?
- Dalton: Oh, you know — nothing I'm not used to. But it's amazing what you can get used to, huh?
- Wade: Yeah, tell me about it. This place has a sign hangin' over the urinal that says, "Don't eat the big white mint".
- Dalton: Sorry, we're closed.
- Ketchum: Then what are all these people doing here?
- Dalton: Drinking and having a good time.
- Ketchum: That's why we're here.
- Dalton: You're too stupid to have a good time.
- The dancing's over. Now it gets dirty.
- Dalton lives like a loner, fights like a professional. And loves like there's no tomorrow.
- Dalton's the best bouncer in the business. His nights are filled with fast action, hot music and beautiful women. It's a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it.
- Patrick Swayze — James Dalton
- Kelly Lynch — Dr. Elizabeth "Doc" Clay
- Sam Elliott — Wade Garrett
- Ben Gazzara — Brad Wesley
- Red West — Red Webster
- Sunshine Parker — Emmet
- Jeff Healey - Cody
- Kevin Tighe - Frank Tilghman
- Julie Michaels - Denise
- John Doe — Pat McGurn
- Kathleen Wilhoite — Carrie Ann
- Terry Funk - Morgan
- Kurt James Stefka — Hank
- Gary Hudson — Steve
- John William Young — Tinker
- Jon Paul Jones — Pete Stroudenmire
- Tom Finnegan — Chief of Police
- Anthony De Longis - Ketchum