- Those Oriental people work like dogs. They work their hearts out. They are workers non-stop. They sleep beside their machines. That's why they're successful in life. I went to Seoul, South Korea, I went to Taipei, Taiwan. I went to Tokyo, Japan. That's why these people are so hard workers (sic). I'm telling you, the Oriental people, they're slowly taking over.
- 5 March 2008, in council. Ford suggests he made the statement as a compliment.
- What I compare bike lanes to is swimming with the sharks. Sooner or later you're going to get bitten... Roads are built for buses, cars, and trucks, not for people on bikes. My heart bleeds for them when I hear someone gets killed, but it’s their own fault at the end of the day.
- March 7, 2007
- It's no secret, okay. The cyclists are a pain in the ass to the motorists.
- May 25, 2009
- "This is nothing but a coup d’etat. It’s a dictatorship motion. They are telling everybody in the last election their vote doesn’t count."
- Ford, November 18, 2013, on Ford Nation (aired November 19)
- "Rob Ford doesn’t acknowledge it, but democracy involves a lot more than just elections. Democracy requires a reasonable respect for the position held and the powers that it entails. It requires those in public positions to engage in intelligent debate about the best actions that should be taken. It requires a respect for law and law's servants. It requires civility towards others and respect for other law makers."
- Former Toronto Mayor John Sewell in the Toronto Star, November 19, 2013, in response to Ford's comments on Ford Nation
On Various Scandals
- "Oh and the last thing was Olivia Gondek, it says that I wanted to eat her pussy. Olivia Gondek, I've never said that in my life to her. I would never do that. I'm happily married. I've got more than enough to eat at home..."
- November 14, 2013
- “This folks, reminds me of when Saddam attacked Kuwait and President Bush said ‘I warn you, I warn you, I warn you, do not.’ Well folks, if you think American-style politics is nasty, you guys have just attacked Kuwait.”
- November 18, 2013
As a citizen
Attempt to purchase parkland
- "In his letter (to the TRCA), Ford said the land was a ‘vacant’ parcel; a TRCA official told me it was actually a sliver of city-operated parkland that had mature trees. I decided that I needed to visit the property to see what it actually looked like. I also wanted to see if Ford’s home already had a fence. And I wanted to see where the land was actually located; the TRCA’s map was confusing."
- Daniel Dale, in response to allegations of trespassing.
- "You know, it's over the top. You may not agree with my politics, don’t start taking pictures of my family. My wife's home, my kids are home."
- Ford, on his front lawn, after the confrontation.
- "I was controlling myself. My 75-year-old neighbour said he would have grabbed a stick and hit him in his head or something. Anybody would."
- Ford, to CP24
- "Daniel Dale is in my backyard taking pictures. I have little kids. He's taking pictures of little kids, I don't want to say that word but you start thinking what this guy is all about."
- "Asian Protestors Stage City Hall Sit-In Over Rob Ford's 'Oriental' Comments". CityTV. March 14, 2008.