Rocky V is the fifth film in the Rocky series.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- [slams GW Duke onto a car threatening to sue him for knocking out Tommy Gunn] Sue me for what?
- You see, fear is a fighter's best friend. You know, but it ain't nothing to be ashamed of. See, fear keeps you sharp, it keeps you awake, you know, it makes you want to survive. You know what I mean? But the thing is, you gotta learn how to control it. All right? 'Cause fear is like this fire, all right? And it's burning deep inside. Now, if you control it, Tommy, it's gonna make you hot. But, you see, if this thing here, it controls you, it's gonna burn you and everything else around you up. That's right, you know?
- [Rocky visits the now-abandoned Mickey's Gym and begins to remember Mickey and himself during one drill before his match with Apollo, right down to what they spoke]
- Mickey Goldmill: [Flashback] Ah, come here Rock. My God, you're ready ain't ya? That Apollo won't know what hit him. You're gonna roll over him like a bulldozer, an Italian bulldozer! You know kid, I know how you feel about this fight that's comin' up beCause I was young once, too. And I'll tell you somethin'. Well, if you wasn't here I probably wouldn't be alive today. The fact that you're here and doin' as well as you're doin' gives me-what do you call it-motivization? Huh? To stay alive, 'cause I think that people die sometimes when they don't wanna live no more.
- Rocky Balboa: [Present day, remembering] Nature's smarter than people think...
- Mickey: And nature is smarter than people think. Little by little we lose our friends, we lose everything. We keep losin' and losin' till we say you know, 'Oh what the hell am I livin' around here for? I got no reason to go on.' But with you kid, boy, I got a reason to go on. And I'm gonna stay alive and I will watch you make good...
- Rocky: And I'll never leave you.
- Mickey: ...and I'll never leave you until that happens, 'cause when I leave you you'll not only know how to fight, you'll be able to take care of yourself outside the ring too, is that okay?
- Rocky: It's okay.
- Mickey: Okay. Now I got a little gift for you.
- Rocky: [in flashback] Ah, Mick you don't have to.
- Mickey: No, wait a minute, now, wait a minute. Hey look at that. [Takes off his golden glove necklace] See that? This is the favorite thing that I have on this Earth. And Rocky Marciano give me that. [Rocky accepts] You know what it was? His cufflink. Huh? And now I'm givin' it to you and it, it's gotta be like a, like an angel on your shoulder see? If you ever get hurt and you feel that you're goin' down, this little angel is gonna whisper in your ear. It's gonna say, 'GET UP, YOU SON OF A BITCH, 'cause Mickey loves you'. Okay?
- Rocky Balboa: [Flashback] Thanks Mick. [Hugs him] I love you too.
- Mickey: [Flashback] Go after him kid, go after him.
- Rocky: [Flashback] Thanks Mick. [in present day] It was an angel.
- Mickey: There it is.
- Rocky: [in flashback, to Mick] What happened to the other cufflink?
- Mickey: I dunno, he only give me one. He give it to some other bum!
- Barfly: Hey Rock, need some help?
- Rocky: Come on guys. This ain't no pie-eatin' contest.