Rohit Gurunath Sharma (born 30 April 1987) is an Indian international cricketer who is the vice-captain of the India national team in limited-overs formats. He is a right-handed batsman and was an occasional right-arm off break bowler. He plays for Mumbai in domestic cricket and captains Mumbai Indians in the Indian Premier League.
- Nothing is easy in cricket. Maybe when you watch it on TV, it looks easy. But it is not. You have to use your brain and time the ball.
- "No formula to it: Rohit Sharma". The Hindu. Retrieved on 13 December 2017.
- No matter how talented you are or naturally gifted you are, there's no substitute to hard work if you got to maintain standards.
- "This Indian batting unit is fearless:Rohit Sharma". The Times of India. Retrieved on 18 February 2016.
- Comebacks are not at all easy. After a major surgery, the difficult part is to conquer the inner demons. It's all in the mind. Only an individual can overcome his fears.
- "After major surgery, difficult part is to conquer inner demons, says Rohit Sharma". Indian Express. Retrieved on 14 September 2017.
- You should not remain in your comfort zone; if you want to make it big, you must challenge yourself, get out of your comfort zone, and succeed in doing well outside of your comfort areas.
- "I am strong enough to bounce back, says Rohit Sharma". NDTV Sports. Retrieved on 4 December 2012.
- There are things we control - but things that are not in control, no point wasting time and energy into that.
- "Exclusive - South African conditions not new, Indian cricketers ready for challenges: Rohit Sharma". Hindustan Times. Retrieved on 28 December 2017.
- People are impatient. They want things to happen overnight, and have no idea of the circumstances and situations that can surround an individual at times.
- "Something's missing in my ODI batting:Rohit Sharma". The Times of India. Retrieved on 11 October 2012.
- When he (Rohit Sharma) got to 200 I thought, 'this man has got to a double century twice in one-day internationals', but I didn't know it was going to go on to something that, to me, seemed impossible.
- "Difficult to surpass Rohit Sharma's 264, says Brian Lara". India Today. Retrieved on 20 November 2014.
- You take the best finishers in the game - [Kieron] Pollard, [James] Faulkner, [Eoin] Morgan - but when Rohit gets set, it is almost impossible to stop him. I mean, it is ridiculous the kind of hitting he does after getting 50. You know if Rohit Sharma is on 50 with four overs to go, you are in troubled waters. Literally, save yourself. I'm not joking
- "When set, Rohit Sharma is world's most dangerous batsman: Virat Kohli". News18. Retrieved on 17 August 2015.
- Rohit has got all the shots to be a Virender Sehwag. He has been dynamic, has got three double hundreds and already has a 150 to his name (in ongoing series against South Africa). He is a good player of spin and picks up fast bowling really well.
- "Rohit Sharma has all qualities to be next Sehwag: Graeme Smith". News18. Retrieved on 20 October 2018.
- Rohit Sharma is an absolute star in limited overs cricket. Getting multiple double hundreds is no mean feat in ODI cricket. The game just looks easy when he’s out there batting. I suppose that’s the joy of watching him. He is able to hit the ball wherever he likes and is good against pace and spin. He hits the ball miles when he wants to.
"Unstoppable Rohit Sharma an Absolute Star in Limited Overs Cricket – Glenn Maxwell". News18. Retrieved on 18 November 2018.
- He (Rohit Sharma) is fantastic. Rohit is poetry in motion because the kind of bat-swing he has, not many players possess that. A class apart when it comes to the smooth swing. You could see the effort put in when he hit that six was minimal. A number of guys have multiple bat swings but not a clean swing. Rohit's swing is like a pendulum.
- "World Cup 2019: Rohit Sharma's batting is poetry in motion, says Sachin Tendulkar". India Today. Retrieved on 7 July 2019.
- You would be a fool to be tempted to bat like Rohit because he is in a different class. He is on a different planet altogether when he gets going.
- "You would be a fool to bat like Rohit Sharma, he is in a different class: KL Rahul". The Indian Express. Retrieved on 3 July 2019.
- Rohit Sharma has a much better technique than Virender Sehwag. Sehwag just had a will and aggressive mindset to hit shots all across the park. He (Rohit Sharma) has got great timing, a variety of shots and elegance. I really thought that he is the Inzamam-ul-Haq of India.
- "Rohit Sharma has a better technique than Virender Sehwag: Shoaib Akhtar". India Today. Retrieved on 7 October 2019.