Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Hard work and training. There's no secret formula. I lift heavy, work hard and aim to be the best.
- Herald Sun staff (October 13, 2006) "A good life, naturally", Herald Sun, p. 017.
- I used to think that my career was to be a police officer, and that is what I was put here to do. But I always kept the faith and always worked hard on my goals and I finally found out on Sept. 25, 1998, why I was put here - (God) called me here to be Mr. Olympia.
- Brenda Young (May 17, 2003) "Living his dream", The News-Star, p. 1C.
- I just take it year by year. So much time is dedicated to doing this [winning championships] that I can't see having too much time for much else.
- You can't do this if you're not dedicated and determined, and have a strong faith. Because it's extremely hard, especially trying to work a job and do it.
- John W. Flores (November 14, 1999) "Body of Work: Police officer pours heart, soul into building muscles", The Dallas Morning News, p. 1C.
- It's so overwhelming. It's almost better than winning the lottery, because you worked for it. It's like something you want all your life, but you never thought it would happen, and all of a sudden it did.
- On his reaction being named the top professional bodybuilder in the world — reported in Nancy Kruh (October 3, 1999) "Ronnie Coleman- Nobody messes with this Arlington cop, a.k.a. Mr. Olympia", The Dallas Morning News, p. 1E.
- I wasn't given the genetics for football. This is my gift right here. I was always well-built. You can't do certain sports without the genetics, and talent, too, of course.
- Ellen Mazo (May 1, 1999) "Building the Image of a Role Model", Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, p. A-1.
- I want to help the up-and-coming kids. A lot of times, kids don't have much to do in the summer time. When I was a kid I didn't do nothing. I want to get body building out there and it will start with the younger generation.
- Raymond Linex (June 12, 1998) "Strong arm of the law - Arlington policeman sets sights on Mr. Olympia title", The Dallas Morning News, p. 1B.