Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This musician-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Ronnie (2008, posthumous)
Ronnie Drew. Ronnie. Penguin UK, 3 sep. 2009
- A song is communicating with people. Entertainment is a different area.
- p. 72
- I've always considered myself a failure: I feel I've never done anything wholly right. [...] Everybody will tell you, "Oh no, how can you say that, because ten thousand people clap you on a night?" But part of that is reflex action and part of it is because you're reasonably good. But if you're great, that's a different thing.
- p. 88
- I wouldn't call myself an actor or a singer for that matter, just a journeyman. [...] I feel I must have a talent somewhere for doing something but I'm still not terribly sure what it is. I suppose it's a talent for being myself.
- p. 196; Quoting from Sunday Times, June 2000
Quotes about Ronnie Drew
- Ronnie is like the King of Ireland, and we are his subjects.
- Bono, Irish Independent (January 18, 2008)