Rosalind Russell (4 June 1907 – 28 November 1976) was a four-time Academy Award nominated and Tony Award winning American film and stage actress, perhaps best known for her role as a fast-talking newspaper reporter in the Howard Hawks screwball comedy His Girl Friday.
|This Actor article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Acting is standing up naked and turning around very slowly.
- Rosalind Russell, Life is a Banquet
Halliwell's Who's Who in the Movies (2001 ed): Art. Rosalind Russell p. 383
- At MGM there was a first wave of top stars, and a second wave to replace them in case they got difficult. I was in the second line of defence, behind Myrna Loy.
- Success is a public affair. Failure is a private funeral.
- Roz Russell got so frightened at Cary's glibness that she told me she'd hired a gag writer on the side to interpolate bits for her.
- Roz is in Hollywood, but she's not of it.