Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article about an actor is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- There are certain shows on certain channels that do try to appeal to a teenage demographic, and I think that always looks a bit suspect, like a dad dancing at a party
- Quoted by the Telegraph. On the set of Being Human (8 January 2010)
- I feel like I could have been really effeminate, if I hadn’t gone to the school I went to. Where I felt like I had to toughen up. If I’d have been able to relax, prance around, sing in the street, I might be a different person now. I thank my dad for that, for not allowing me to go down that path. Because it’s probably given me the unique quality that people think I have.
- Quoted in the Guardian. Russell Tovey: he may be proud but is the ‘worst gay ever’ actually sorry? (3 March 2015). Tovey later apologised after others criticized him for suggesting that effeminacy was 'wrong'.
- When I was younger and really busy, I think I did lose sight of who exactly I was. Mental wellbeing is something that is so important in any career but in acting in particular. That’s why friendship and family is so important to me.
- Said in an interview with the Guardian. Russell Tovey: ‘When I started having sex I panicked because I didn’t feel old enough’ (11 March 2018)
- As an actor, I’m always in clothes that I wouldn’t necessarily choose to wear myself.
- Said in an interview with the Guardian. Russell Tovey: 'Pink is the opposite of emasculating; I’m not shy about wearing it’ (27 August 2019)