Sabrina, the Teenage Witch
Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, based on characters from the comic book series Sabrina, the Teenage Witch (created by Archie Comics), first aired on ABC in 1996. It ran for seven seasons, ending in April 2003.
Shortly before her sixteenth birthday, Sabrina is sent to live her aunts, Hilda and Zelda, who tell her that she is a witch with magical powers that she must learn to control. Far from making her life easier, her magic usually only gets her in trouble, especially when she was influenced in casting the spell by the Spellmans' talking cat, Salem Saberhagen, a former warlock who still dreams of world domination.
- 1 Season 1
- 1.1 Pilot
- 1.2 Bundt Friday
- 1.3 The True Adventures of Rudy Kazootie
- 1.4 Terrible Things
- 1.5 A Halloween Story
- 1.6 Dream Date
- 1.7 Third Aunt from the Sun
- 1.8 Magic Joel
- 1.9 Geek Like Me
- 1.10 Sweet and Sour Victory
- 1.11 A Girl and Her Cat
- 1.12 Trial By Fury
- 1.13 Jenny's Non-Dream
- 1.14 Sabrina Through the Looking Glass
- 1.15 Hilda and Zelda: The Teenage Years
- 1.16 Mars Attracts
- 1.17 First Kiss
- 1.18 Sweet Charity
- 1.19 Cat Showdown
- 1.20 Meeting Dad’s Girlfriend
- 1.21 As Westbridge Turns
- 1.22 The Great Mistake
- 1.23 The Crucible
- 1.24 Troll Bride
- 2 Season 2
- 2.1 Sabrina Gets Her License (Part 1)
- 2.2 Sabrina Gets Her License (Part 2)
- 2.3 Dummy For Love
- 2.4 Dante's Inferno
- 2.5 A Doll's Story
- 2.6 Sabrina, the Teenage Boy
- 2.7 A River of Candy Corn Runs Through It
- 2.8 Inna-Gadda-Sabrina
- 2.9 Witch Trash
- 2.10 To Tell a Mortal
- 2.11 Oh What a Tangled Spell She Weaves
- 2.12 Sabrina Claus
- 2.13 Little Big Kraft
- 2.14 Five Easy Pieces of Libby
- 2.15 Finger Lickin' Flu
- 2.16 Sabrina And The Beanstalk
- 2.17 The Equalizer
- 2.18 The Band Episode
- 2.19 When Teens Collide
- 2.20 My Nightmare, The Car
- 2.21 Fear Strikes Up A Conversation
- 2.22 Quiz Show
- 2.23 Disneyworld
- 2.24 Sabrina’s Choice
- 2.25 Rumor Mill
- 2.26 Mom Vs. Magic
- 3 Season 3
- 3.1 It’s A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Season Opener
- 3.2 Boy, Was My Face Red
- 3.3 Suspicious Minds
- 3.4 The Pom Pom Incident
- 3.5 Pancake Madness
- 3.6 Good Will Haunting
- 3.7 You Bet Your Family
- 3.8 And The Sabrina Goes To...
- 3.9 Nobody Nose Libby Like Sabrina Knows Libby
- 3.10 Sabrina And The Beast
- 3.11 Christmas Amnesia
- 3.12 Whose So-Called Life Is It Anyway?
- 3.13 What Price Harvey?
- 3.14 Sabrina And The Pirates
- 3.15 Mrs. Kraft
- 3.16 Sabrina, The Matchmaker
- 3.17 Salem the Boy
- 3.18 Sabrina, The Teenage Writer
- 3.19 The Big Sleep
- 3.20 Sabrina’s Pen Pal
- 3.21 Sabrina's Real World
- 3.22 Long And Winding Shortcut
- 3.23 Sabrina, the Sandman
- 3.24 Silent Movie
- 3.25 The Good, The Bad & The Luau
- 4 Season 4
- 4.1 No Place Like Home
- 4.2 Dream A Little Dreama Me
- 4.3 Jealousy
- 4.4 Little Orphan Hilda
- 4.5 Spoiled Rotten
- 4.6 Episode LXXXI: The Phantom Menace
- 4.7 Prelude To A Kiss
- 4.8 Aging, Not So Gracefully
- 4.9 Love Means Having To Say You’re Sorry
- 4.10 Ice Station Sabrina
- 4.11 Salem And Juliette
- 4.12 Sabrina, Nipping At Your Nose
- 4.13 Now You See Her, Now You Don’t
- 4.14 Super Hero
- 4.15 Love In Bloom
- 4.16 Welcome Back, Duke
- 4.17 Salem's Daughter
- 4.18 Dreama, The Mouse
- 4.19 The Wild, Wild Witch
- 4.20 She’s Baaack!
- 4.21 The Four Faces of Sabrina
- 4.22 The End Of An Era
- 5 Season 5
- 5.1 Every Witch Way But Loose
- 5.2 Double Time
- 5.3 Heart Of The Matter
- 5.4 You Can't Twin
- 5.5 House Of Pi’s
- 5.6 The Halloween Scene
- 5.7 Welcome Traveler
- 5.8 Some Of My Best Friends Are Half-Mortal
- 5.9 Lost At ‘C’
- 5.10 Sabrina’s Perfect Christmas
- 5.11 My Best Shot
- 5.12 Tick-Tock Hilda's Clock
- 5.13 Sabrina’s New Roommate
- 5.14 Making The Grade
- 5.15 Love is a Many Complicated Thing
- 5.16 Sabrina, The Muse
- 5.17 Beach Blanket Bizarro
- 5.18 Witchright Hall
- 5.19 Sabrina, The Activist
- 5.20 Do You See What I See?
- 5.21 Sabrina’s Got Spirit
- 5.22 Finally!
- 6 Season 6
- 6.1 Really Big Season Opener
- 6.2 Sabrina’s Date With Destiny
- 6.3 What’s News
- 6.4 Murder On The Halloween Express
- 6.5 The Gift Of Gab
- 6.6 Thin Ice
- 6.7 Hex, Lies And No Videotape
- 6.8 Humble Pie
- 6.9 A Birthday Witch
- 6.10 Deliver Us From E-Mail
- 6.11 Cloud Ten
- 6.12 Sabrina And The Candidate
- 6.13 I Think I Love You
- 6.14 The Arrangement
- 6.15 Time After Time
- 6.16 Sabrina And The Kiss
- 6.17 The Competition
- 6.18 I, Busybody
- 6.19 Guilty!
- 6.20 The Whole Ball Of Wax
- 6.21 Driving Mr. Goodman
- 6.22 I Fall To Pieces
- 7 Season 7
- 7.1 Total Sabrina Live!
- 7.2 The Big Head
- 7.3 Call Me Crazy
- 7.4 Shift Happens
- 7.5 Free Sabrina
- 7.6 Sabrina Unplugged
- 7.7 Witch Way Out
- 7.8 Bada-Ping!
- 7.9 It’s A Hot, Hot, Hot, Hot Christmas
- 7.10 Ping Ping A Song
- 7.11 The Lyin’, The Witch And The Wardrobe
- 7.12 In Sabrina We Trust
- 7.13 Sabrina In Wonderland
- 7.14 Present Perfect
- 7.15 Cirque Du Sabrina
- 7.16 Getting To Nose You
- 7.17 Romance Looming
- 7.18 Spellmanian Slip
- 7.19 You Slay Me
- 7.20 A Fish Tale
- 7.21 What A Witch Wants
- 7.22 Soul Mates
- 8 TV Films
- 9 External links
- (September 27, 1996)
- Sabrina: Morning.
- Zelda: Good morning. Happy birthday, Sabrina.
- Hilda: And many more to come.
- Zelda: Many, many more to come. I, ah, got you a little something. [picks up a wrapped box and brings it over to the table]
- Hilda: Actually, that’s from both of us; I just forgot to sign the card.
- Zelda: [hands the birthday present to Sabrina] I hope you don’t already have one.
- [Sabrina opens up the box excitedly and pulls out...]
- Sabrina: [put out] A black pot? Actually, I don’t. Thanks...
- Zelda: It’s a cauldron.
- Sabrina: Wow, even better. I can, um, put my pens in it...
- Zelda: That’s not what it’s for. Sabrina, we have something to tell you. You see there are two realms, the natural and the supernatural and it turns out the immutable laws of physics-
- Hilda: [interrupting] You're a witch.
- Sabrina: [surprised] What do you mean, I’m a witch?
- Hilda: You’re a witch.
- Zelda: Now you're not alone. I’m a witch, Hilda’s a witch, your father’s a witch...
- Sabrina: [skeptical] And I suppose my mom’s a witch too?
- Hilda: I always thought so.
- Zelda: Actually, your mom’s mortal. You see, that’s why you’re here; so that we can teach you to use your magic.
- Mr. Pool: I’m Mr. Pool. [coughs] And I know you were hoping I was going to spend the day mispronouncing your names, but instead lets jump straight into biology, huh?
- [Zelda places a large, old, leather bound book in front of Sabrina]
- Zelda: Here is a present from your father.
- Sabrina: An old book, a black pot - Doesn’t anyone shop at The Gap anymore? [reading the cover] "The Discovery of Magic"... Why’d he give me this? [opens the book to a page depicting a picture of a bearded man in a top hat, labeled Edward beneath it] That’s why! This old magician looks just like my dad.
- [The picture turns to look at her]
- Ted: Surprise! [Sabrina gives a little start] It is your dad! Happy birthday, Sabrina!
- Sabrina: [amazed] Wow, Hallmark has gone really high tech! Can he say anything else?
- Ted: I’m not a hologram, honey - I’m just in a different realm.
- Sabrina: A different realm? I thought you were at the Toronto Midway Motor Lodge.
- Ted: [to his sisters] Zelda, Hilda, didn’t you explain to her she’s a witch?
- Hilda: [to the book] She doesn’t believe us!
- Sabrina: [exasperated] Not this again... [closes the book] Look, I know you went to a lot of trouble to set this joke up, so... Ha-ha-ha, now it’s over?
- Hilda: No. It’s just beginning. You are a witch.
- Zelda: With real magical powers, and now that you're sixteen, you can use them. [bemused] And you wanted something from The Gap..
- Sabrina: So, what are you saying? that I’m not who I think I am? You’re not who I think you are? And my father lives in a book?
- Hilda: Oh, finally, she gets it!
- Sabrina: This is insane, I’m going to my room. [gets up and heads for the door] Come on, Salem.
- Salem: Can you wait till I've finished my milk?
- Sabrina: [stops, shocked] Did the cat just talk?
- Salem: Yes, and get this stupid hat of my head.
- Sabrina: [horrified] Oh my God! [runs away]
- Zelda: I think we’d better let her father handle this... Ted?
- [The book levitates of the table and goes after Sabrina]
- Ted: [voice muffled by the pages] Sabrina, open me up!
- Sabrina: No!
- Ted: We have to talk, young lady! Open me up this instant!
- Sabrina: No! I don’t want to talk to a book. Oh God, I’m talking to a book! [opens the book] I can’t be a witch! Witches don’t exist!
- Ted: Honey, I know this is hard, but you just have to accept it. You’re not like other kids - you’re special.
- Sabrina: I don’t wanna be special, I wanna be normal!
- Ted:I understand, but... that ship has sailed.
- Sabrina: None of this makes sense. I mean, all these years, I thought you were travelling with the Foreign Service!
- Ted: I am; It’s just a lot more foreign than you thought.
- Sabrina: And Mom? Has she really been digging for fossils in Peru?
- Ted: Yes, she is.
- Sabrina: Then I wanna go live with her.
- Te: You can’t. You see, there’s a rule: If you set eyes on your mother in the next two years, she’ll turn into a ball of wax.
- Sabrina: What?!
- Ted: It’s the way they discourage Mortal-Witch marriages.
- Sabrina: So, is that the reason you and Mom got divorced?
- Ted: No.
- Sabrina: [hopeful] So, d’ya think maybe you could get back together?
- Ted: No - that’s another ship that’s sailed. [Sabrina deflates] You’re going to be fine. Just take some time, and think about all this. And, if you ever need me, I’m in the index.
- Sabrina: I’m a witch and I still have to go to school?
- Zelda: M-hm.
- Sabrina: Unfair. [deviously] Hey, maybe I’ll turn Mr. Pool into...
- Hilda: Now! Now! Be careful pointing your finger at people, it could be way too dangerous!
- Sabrina: You're pointing at me, so isn't that dangerous?
- Hilda: [smiles] I have the safety on, of course.
- Harvey: Can I sit here?
- Sabrina: Sure.
- Harvey: [eases into his seat] How’s your head?
- Sabrina: Um, it kinda hurts.
- Harvey: Sorry, y’know, I didn’t mean to hit you with the football...
- Sabrina: Oh, that was you? [Harvey nods] You have a really good arm.
- Harvey: [smiles] Thanks.
- Sabrina: [gestures to Jenny] Do you know Jenny?
- Harvey: You live in the house with the funny mailbox, right?
- Jenny: Oh, it’s not our fault; The people who lived there before us were actually named Mr. and Mrs. Hog.
- Harvey: No, it’s cute! My mailbox is boring, it’s really just a place to put letters...
- Sabrina: Mine too!
- Sabrina: I hate being a witch! I just turned the most popular girl in school into a pineapple!
- Hilda: Why?
- Sabrina: Because it’s the only thing you taught me how to do!
- Hilda: Relax, I can fix this. [takes the pineapple and grabs a knife] Chunks or rings?
- Zelda: Hilda, there are other ways.
- Hilda: Wedges?
- Zelda: Sabrina doesn’t know how to seal her spells yet, so... [Hilda reluctantly puts down the knife and stands back] "The popular girl is not a fruit." [the pineapple morphs back into Libby] There, all better.
- Libby: What am I doing in your house?
- Sabrina: [unconvincingly] You... came over for a visit.
- Libby: Ha, I would not'! You did something to me, you sent me somewhere - It was small and it smelled like Hawaii!
- Sabrina: [apologetic] Look, Libby, I’m sorry, I didn’t-
- Libby: Oh, not as sorry as you will be! You’re an even bigger freak than I thought, and the whole school’s going to know about it! [runs away]
- Hilda: See? My way, she’d be on a tooth-pick.
- Sabrina: It’s over! My life is over! I mean, it’s not just over, it’s over, over!
- Zelda: Oh stop, Libby can’t hurt you. She’s just one person with a crazy story.
- Sabrina: She’s a cheerleader - nobody has more credibility! I mean, the only way to make this better is to turn back time, and you said a witch can’t do that!
- Zelda: A witch can’t, but collectively we do have powers that a single witch doesn’t. It’s a union thing.
- Sabrina: [hopeful] So, it’s possible?
- Zelda: You can appeal to the Witches Council, but they only grant time reversal in extreme cases.
- Hilda: Like for two months, a bunny ruled all of England.
- Sabrina: [confused] When?
- Hilda: See?
- Sabrina: Salem, do you think the council will grant the time reversal?
- Salem: I'm the wrong witch to ask. They weren't very lenient with me. Sentenced to a hundred years as a cat. And for what?
- Sabrina: I don't know. For what?
- Salem: Oh, like any young kid, I dreamed of world domination. Of course, they really crack down when you act upon it.
- Sabrina: Wow. No wonder you're so possessive of the sofa.
- Salem: Mmm. It would've been glorious; Me, as the firm, but just, Emperor of Earth - Trust me, being a house pet wasn't even "Plan B".
- Sabrina: Come on, it's not that bad. You take 5,000 naps a day.
- Salem: I can't go dancing. I can't play squash. The sound of the can opener is the only thing that makes me feel truly alive.
- Sabrina: Salem? Would you like your rubber mouse?
- Salem: ...Please.
- Sabrina: I love being a witch! I don’t know what made the Council change their minds, but I got to do the whole day over again, and now the teachers think I’m smart, the jocks think I’m cool- Oh, and I’m going to the movies with Harvey and Jenny Saturday night! Woo-hoo! I’m normal! Gotta go tell the cat! [runs up the stairs]
- Hilda: [shakes her head, bemused] Teens.
- Zelda: What about them?
- Hilda: Just in general.
- (October 4, 1996)
- Sabrina: Hey, it worked! I pulled a rabbit out of a hat!
- Rabbit: Hey, put me back, my wife Renée is about to give birth!
- Sabrina: Oh, sorry! [puts him back in the hat]
- Hilda: Relax, that happens a lot with rabbits.
- Zelda: Every time he makes a date with Hilda, he breaks it.
- Hilda: He did that once or twice... or maybe a thousand times... but may I remind you that every time that Drell has canceled, he has always sent me a lovely token of his affection.
- Zelda: Yeah, he always sends a pot roast.
- Sabrina: A pot roast?
- Hilda: Flowers wilt - say it with beef!
- Jenny: I think Libby and her friends are talking about us.
- Sabrina: No, they’re not. Don’t be so paranoid Jenny.
- Jenny: Paranoid? They’re pointing at us and laughing.
- Sabrina: Oh, you're right. Well, just ignore them... [beat] Are they still doing it?
- Harvey: You know, the only reason I took Home Ec. was so I could eat during class; Coach says I’ve still got to bulk up, and carbo-loading can get pretty lonely...
- Sabrina: Well, we’ll keep you company any time you have to eat.
- Jenny: Yeah, we’re good at that.
- Harvey: Hey, I’m going to the pizza place tomorrow night to force down eight slices, do you guys wanna watch?
- Sabrina: Sure, cool!
- Jenny: Cool!
- Harvey: Cool!
- [Libby and C.C. come down the hallway]
- Libby: Hi Jenny, hi Sabrina.
- [They walk on giggling together]
- Sabrina: Hey, is there something funny about our names?
- Libby: Not Jenny’s.
- Sabrina: You know, why don’t you guys just leave us alone? We’re not bothering you.
- Libby: You’re still breathing, aren’t you, freak? [To Jenny] Double freak!
- [Libby and C.C walk away, laughing]
- Sabrina: [To Jenny] We can’t let her get to us, [slams her locker shut in frustration] it’s what she wants. I just wish I knew what she was saying...
- Jenny: Well, what difference does it make? Everything Libby says is a lie.
- Sabrina: Hey, maybe we can retaliate by spreading lies about her.
- Jenny: What can we say? That she’s actually nice and sweet?
- Sabrina: Not much revenge in that...
- Jenny: No. Face it, the world’d be a much better place if everyone told the truth - but you can’t stop someone from lying.
- [Jenny walks away, leaving Sabrina looking thoughtful]
- Zelda: Hey Hilda, have you seen the Jiffy Truth?
- Hilda: Yeah, it’s in my bag. [goes over to it] I used it last week when I took my car in for repairs; It turns out I really did need new brake pads. [pulls out a box of sprinkles and hands it to Sabrina]
- Sabrina: [reading box] "Jiffy Truth: one hundred percent refined truth, trace amounts of harsh reality. For best results, sprinkle on something sweet as the truth can be bitter."
- Hilda: It is great stuff, it makes you reveal your true feelings. Oh, which reminds me: Zelda, the postman has a crush on you.
- Zelda: [annoyed] That is not what the sprinkles are for! They should only be used in serious matters.
- Sabrina: Well, this is serious; You remember Libby? Well, she’s been spreading lies about me and Jenny and... it’s really upsetting Jenny.
- Hilda: Well, give Libby some sprinkles, and if those don’t work... [pulls out a plastic aerosol bottle from her bag] ..try some Lady Bald Spot. You just spray it, and-
- Zelda: Hilda, that’s enough! Sabrina, you can take the sprinkles, but let me warn you: the truth can have painful side effects.
- Sabrina: Like what?
- Zelda: Itching, chafing, hurt feelings.
- Sabrina: Sounds like gym class.
- Libby: Harvey, you would not believe what I just heard. [without waiting for an answer] Okay, I’ll tell you: That’s not Sabrina’s real nose!
- Harvey: It’s not?
- Libby: Don’t you get it? She had surgery.
- Harvey: Why? What’s wrong?
- Libby: [rolls her eyes] Never mind.
- Sabrina: Do you want to try a piece of our cake?
- Libby: Like I’d taste anything you gave me. What’s in it, poison?
- Sabrina: No, just chocolate. [waves it under Libby’s nose] Lots of chocolate.
- Libby: [smiling slightly] Really?
- Sabrina: And sprinkles.
- Libby: Oh, all right. [takes the plate] But I’m not going to start being nice to you.
- Sabrina: That’s okay... [Libby takes a bite of the cake] I just want to ask you one question: Libby, what have you been saying about Jenny and me behind our backs?
- Libby: Like I’d tell you! [swallows cake, and sprinkles' magic kicks in] Okay, here’s what I was saying: I was saying that your father’s in jail and that you cheats on taxes, and then I threw in that you had a nose job.
- Sabrina: But those are all lies!
- Libby: You don’t have to tell me!
- [Jill and C.C. approach]
- C.C.: What’s going on?
- Libby: I was just telling Sabrina all the rumours we’ve been spreading about her.
- Jill: Why? She’s not in the loop!
- Libby: So? [to Sabrina] And by the way, it was Jill who made up the nose job story. Which is actually very funny, because er, she’s the one who... [taps her nose meaningfully]
- Jill: [gasps] You swore you’d never tell!
- Libby: ...And C.C., she kisses her Pete Sampras poster every night...
- C.C.: You snitch!
- Guidance Counselor: Let me give you the truth, Ricky. You kids come in here and talk about your futures, your dreams—but what about me? You think I wanted to be a guidance counselor? Heck no, I was born to play the blues. [takes out harmonica and sings]
I got no future and neither do you,
your SAT scores are four-thirty-two.
Welcome to loserville!
- Principal Larue: [over the P.A.] Attention students, this is Principal Larue. I just wanted to announce that as soon as I finish this yummy bundt cake, I’m going to the movies, like I do every Friday afternoon — and I’m payin’ for my popcorn with petty cash. Thank you.
- Jenny: So this is nice, just the two of us.
- Harvey: Yeah, no Sabrina. It’s great.
- Jenny: It is?
- Harvey: Sure, now we can order onions. Sabrina hates onions.
- Sabrina: I lied to you when I said I didn’t mind Harvey and you coming here alone. I do mind and I know you guys might be soul mates but...
- Jenny: We’re not soul mates.
- Sabrina: You're not?
- Jenny: No. I mean, Harvey's really cute and he’s really nice, but you can’t build a life on that.
- Sabrina: I’d be willing to give it a shot.
- Harvey: [calling over] Are you guys talking about me?
- Both: Yes.
- Harvey: Come talk about me over here.
- Zelda: I have something to say: I know I said that Drell would stand you up and this date would never happen, and... I was wrong.
- Hilda: I love it when you say that. Will you say it again?
- Zelda: No. Look, just have fun on your date. After all you’ve been through with Drell, you deserve a good time.
- 'Hilda: Thanks, bye. Gotta go, I don’t wanna keep Drell waiting. [pause] Although it is kind of a funny image; Drell, waiting. [opens the Linen Closet, stops, then closes it again] I just had the best idea: I’m not going!
- Zelda: [surprised] What?
- Hilda: I’m standing Drell up! I’m going to give him a taste of his own pot roast!
- Zelda: [delighted] Oh Hilda, that’s perfect! Those self-help books are really paying off!
- Hilda: I know! Now, walk me to my bedroom before I change my mind!
- Salem: [eating the pot roast] Oh, I wish my fur had an elastic waist band...
- Zelda: [exasperated] Well, stop eating!
- Salem: I can't!
- Zelda: Sabrina, you should never be embarrassed by the truth.
- Sabrina: Oh yeah? Then why did you change out of your dress?
- Principle Larue: [over the P.A.] Attention students, this is the real Principle Larue. Last Friday some prankster broke into my office and impersonated me. I, of course, was at the district office all day working to make your school a better place. Thank you. [feedback] Do you think they bought that? Huh...? Oh no!
The True Adventures of Rudy Kazootie
- (October 11, 1996)
- Hilda: Sabrina, d’ya want some breakfast?
- Sabrina: [glumly] No thanks, I’ll be out 'Rollerblah'ing.
- Hilda: What’s wrong?
- Salem: She wanted inline skates, but she wanted a brand name.
- Hilda: [sympathetically] Oh, you can’t do that. We have strict copyright laws ever since the seventies, when witches way over did the Gucci.
- Salem: You can still get decent knock off’s from the Hong Kong witches...
- Salem: I still don’t understand why I can’t go to parents’ night with you.
- Zelda: Because, Salem, it’s weird enough that we’re two sisters who live together in an old Victorian house - If we show up with a cat, we cross the line into Loonyville.
- Sabrina: Well, I’m off to my job!
- Zelda: You’re all dressed up.
- Sabrina: Yeah, well, I want to make a good impression on the baby. [beat] And Harvey’s gonna be there.
- Zelda: [knowingly] Oh...
- Sabrina: Don’t "Oh" - We have a study date!
- Hilda: [sceptical] Uh-huh...
- Sabrina: Don’t "Uh-huh" - We have a test!
- Salem: Mm-hm.
- Sabrina: Don’t you start! Look, it’s no big deal, I mean Harvey could have asked anyone to study with him. [pauses, smiles] Of course, he did ask me...
- Harvey: [about the house Sabrina's babysitting at] You should have just said "it’s the house with the flying duck on the mailbox".
- Sabrina: You really notice mailboxes, don’t you?
- Sabrina: [holding several candy bars and soda cans] I’ve found all kinds of great stuff! It’s, uh, not brand name, but I’m sure it tastes fine. [puts them on the coffee table]
- Harvey: [reading the wrappers] ‘Schnickers’? ‘N&N’s’? ‘Butterthumb’? Where do these people shop?
- Sabrina: I don’t know, but if you're thirsty, there’s ‘Popsi’.
- Harvey: Do they have ‘Yoo-hoo’?
- Sabrina: No, but they have ‘Hey, Over Here’.
- Harvey: I think I’ll just have a diet Popsi.
- Hilda: I need to go to the nurse.
- Mr. Pool: Er, is there a problem... [looks at Hilda's nametag] ...Mrs. Spellman?
- Hilda: Yes, it’s my tummy-
- Zelda: No, she’s fine - and it’s "Miss Spellman".
- Mr. Pool: Who are you?
- Zelda: Oh, I’m also "Miss Spellman". We’re Sabrina’s aunts - Sisters, not an alternative couple.
- Mr. Pool: So you’re, uh, single?
- Zelda: [flattered] Yes, and you?
- Mr. Pool: [grins slightly] Extremely.
- Hilda: [to herself] Now I really am gonna throw up...
- Sabrina: [catches Salem playing with yarn] Salem... What are you doing?
- Salem: Er... nothing?
- Sabrina: It looks like you're playing with a ball of yarn.
- Salem: I have urges, Sabrina.
- Sabrina: Look, can we deal with your issues later? I’ve got a bigger problem. [picks him up and carries him away]
- Salem: [mournfully] My yarn!
- Sabrina: This magic ruins everything! He’s supposed to be in his crib sucking his thumb, and I’m supposed to be studying with Harvey!
- Zelda: Oh...
- Hilda: Uh-huh...
- Sabrina: Stop that, this is serious'!
- Zelda: Oh, calm down Sabrina... Just try to figure out exactly what you did.
- Sabrina: I don’t know, I don’t remember! Rudy was crying, I picked him up, I said "big boys don’t cry" and I rubbed his back!
- Zelda: Did you say anything else?
- Sabrina: I don’t think so...
- Rudy: Be a big boy!
- Sabrina: ...He’s right, I said ‘be a big boy’!
- Zelda: And I bet you said it three times!
- Hilda: Oh, mystery solved; You cast a passion spell!
- Sabrina: Passion spell? What’s that?
- Hilda: If you want something enough, and you say it three times, it might just happen.
- Zelda: We like to call it a Travis.
- Sabrina: Why?
- Zelda: Randy Travis, Randy Travis, Randy Travis.
- [a slightly bemused Randy Travis appears next to her]
- Hilda: I love this spell.
- Randy Travis: What a...What am I doin’ here?
- Zelda: Oh, we were just illustrating a point for our niece. I hope we haven’t caught you at a bad time...
- Randy Travis: No, it’s fine. My wife does wonder where I keep popping off to, though... Will there be anything else?
- Hilda: Maybe later.
- Randy Travis: If you need me, you’ll know where to find me. You always do. [leaves the classroom]
- Hilda: Now, he is so cute!
- Zelda: Oh, I love his new album...!
- Sabrina: Can we get back to me, here?
- (October 18, 1996)
- Sabrina: Salem, you're back. How was jail?
- Salem: Not bad, there’s a guy in solitary convinced Alan Derchowitze appeared to him as a talking cat. I told him I’d call the governor and plead his innocence.
- Sabrina: See? I told you it was nice to help people.
- Salem: Are you kidding? I’m not calling.
- Drell: Sabrina, why don’t we begin by you explaining to us why we’re here?
- Sabrina: I don’t know.
- Drell: Stop me if something sounds familiar: Athletic injury, fixed election, altered immutable laws of physics.
- Sabrina: [meekly] Oh. That.
- Zelda: [alarmed] Sabrina?!
- Hilda: You didn’t?!
- Sabrina: I was just trying to help people!
- Drell: "Help" is a four letter word, like "Dumb" and "Move". Am I right?
- Sabrina: Well, first all, the people I helped were happy.. but now, only one is, and he’s happy enough for all three of them, though. So-
- Drell: Now, I should explain to you that when I say "Am I right?", IT’S A RHETORICAL QUESTION! Because I’m always right.
- [After Mr. Pool has lost his knowledge of how to make gold]
- Sabrina: Mr. Pool, do you have a minute?
- Mr. Pool: [depressed] Yes, a lifetime of them. And they are suddenly going by very slowly.
A Halloween Story
- (October 25, 1996)
- Harvey: My parents are making me have an Halloween party.
- Sabrina: Bummer. Next thing you know, they’ll make you go on a ski trip.
- Harvey: No, see, my Dad always buys in bulk at these discount clubs, and we got a lot of snack food that expires in November.
- Sabrina: Oh, so that’s why it says "all food must be eaten by midnight"...
- Harvey: I’m thinking about going as James Dean.
- Sabrina: I love James Dean!
- Harvey: Yeah, and all I need is a white T-shirt, some jeans and somethin’ to lean on... Anyway, I was hoping you could come early and help me set stuff up?
- Sabrina: [disappointed] Oh, I can’t, I’ve got a family thing. My aunts take Halloween very seriously. I know it’s weird...
- Harvey: No, no, my mom’s that way about Flag Day.
- Sabrina: Please? I have to go to Harvey’s party!
- Zelda: No!
- Sabrina: What if I promise to be with the family all Thanksgiving?
- Hilda: We’re not big on Thanksgiving - That holiday was started by Puritans who weren’t exactly witch-friendly.
- Sabrina: [snide] So instead we celebrate a night devoted to little kids dressing up like superheroes?
- Zelda: That is not what All Hallows Eve is all about! It’s a time for remembering the dead!
- Sabrina: [sarcastic] Oh, that sounds like fun! I just know I’ll have a terrible time!
- Hilda: And that’s what family gatherings are all about; D’you think I want to listen to Cousin Marigold brag about how married she is and how single I am? No!
- Zelda: But we go, because it’s tradition.
- Hilda: And Zelda makes me.
- Sabrina: And now you’re making me?!
- Hilda: See? Tradition!
- Sabrina: Hi, Amanda. I’m your cousin, Sabrina.
- Amanda: You better be nice to me, or I’ll put you in a jar.
- Sabrina: [taken back] Excuse me?
- Amanda: I put all the people who aren’t nice to me in jars. [picks up a jar with a tiny person trapped inside, and puts it on the table] This is Mr. Altree; he tried to teach me math.
- Sabrina: Can he breath in there?
- Amanda: Yes, I gave him air holes. [to the man in the jar] Here’s a math problem, Mr. Altree: five air holes minus one air hole is how many? [places her finger over one of the air holes]
- Mr. Altree: [frightened] No, please! I wanna live! [gets down on his knees] I wanna live!
- Amanda: See? Nobody likes pop quizzes!
- [Amanda takes the jar away]
- Mr. Altree: I wanna live!
- Amanda: [to a disturbed Sabrina] Do you wanna put someone in a jar?
- Sabrina: No! My aunts taught me it’s not nice to use magic to hurt other people!
- Amanda: [snootily] Well, my parents let me use magic any time I want, and I don’t even have to ask.
- Sabrina: [under her breath] Brat...
- Amanda: [sharply] What was that?
- Sabrina: Nothing!
- Marigold: [showing Hilda and Zelda photographs] ...And that’s Harold and me in front of our villa. You know, if either one of you ever has a honeymoon, you really must take it in the south of France. [beat] On second thoughts, don’t wait; I wouldn’t want you to miss out!
- Hilda: Excuse me, I’m in no hurry to get married.
- Zelda: That’s right! Hilda is single completely by choice, because she refuses to settle for any of the losers she’s been dating.
- Marigold: And Zelda? What’s your excuse?
- Hilda: Zelda doesn’t need an excuse. She’s passionate about her intellectual pursuits. Her love life is all in her head.
- [Amanda runs up to the table]
- Amanda: Mommy, look what I did! [slams a glass jar down on the table]
- Zelda: [shocked] Is that Sabrina?!
- Hilda: What did you do to her?!
- Amanda: She wouldn’t colour with me.
- Marigold: [delighted] Oh, that is so cute!
- Sabrina: [to her aunts] Can we please go home now? I’m really not having any fun! [to Amanda] I’ll colour with you Amanda, please, let me out!
- M’Lady: Salem, you’re the only one who understands me.
- Salem: Yeah, but it doesn’t mean I care.
- Hilda: [to Zelda, watching Amanda opening her present] There’s nothing like watching Halloween through the eyes of a spoiled child.
- Amanda: A solid gold dolly! Thank you, Mommy!
- Marigold: It’s from Mommy and Daddy!
- Hilda: We got Sabrina something too.
- Zelda:' [to Sabrina] Here you go. [hands her a small envelope] It’s from both of us.
- Hilda: [warmly] Happy Halloween.
- Marigold: [patronising] Oh, a nice card. Kids love those...
- [Sabrina opens the envelope and takes out the card]
- Sabrina: [reading card] It’s a gift certificate... "To spend half an hour with the deceased of your choice". What’s this?
- Marigold: [surprised] You got her a Reanimation? Those are very pricey.
- Amanda:' [upset] I want a Reanimation! I want a Reanimation! I WANT A REANIMATION! [Marigold drags her away]
- Sabrina: This is the weirdest gift... What do I do with it?
- Hilda: It’s yours to spend as you like.
- Zelda: But you must use it tonight - the gap between the living and the dead is weakest on All Hallows Eve
- Salem: You are not going to believe what M’Lady just blurted out!
- Zelda: What?
- Salem: Come close. [whispers to them]
- Zelda: [gasps] I don’t believe it! Marigold is splitting up with Harold?
- Hilda: [delighted] Oh, this is the best Halloween, ever!
- Sabrina: ...So, I moved in with Aunt Hilda and Aunt Zelda. They do more weird things by nine a.m. than most people do all day. They take really good care of me.
- Granny: I always liked them. So tell me, how’s school? Do you still like science?
- Sabrina: Yeah! My teacher, Mr. Pool, can be really annoying... But he’s actually a good guy.
- Granny: Do you have a boyfriend yet?
- Sabrina: There’s a guy I like, his name's Harvey... But right now, we’re just sorta friends.
- Granny: Oh, well, he’d be a fool if he doesn’t fall for you!
- Sabrina: You think I’m the prettiest girl in the world.
- Granny: That’s because you are. And smart, too!
- Sabrina: [bashful] Thanks. [pause] But, Granny... There’s something I want to tell you, only, well... it’s kinda strange.
- Granny: Well, Sabrina, you know you can always tell me anything.
- Sabrina: ...I’m a witch.
- Granny: [beat] Well, dear, as long as you’re happy.
- Sabrina: Hi, I’d like to take half a minute to talk to you about the true meaning of Halloween. It’s not about candy and costumes, it’s about family and showing them how much you care. So, don’t buy into the hype and commercialisation of the season. This Halloween, stay home with your loved ones. Just gather round the Jack-O-Lantern and remember: the true meaning of Halloween is inside you. Right Salem?
- Salem: There’s a pound of candy corn inside me.
- Sabrina: Ignore him. Happy Halloween.
- (November 1, 1996)
- Libby: I don’t think so. Come on Harvey, let’s hit the floor.
- Harvey: [grabs her arm] Actually, Libby, I don’t dance.
- Libby: Excuse me? This is a dance, guess what we do here?
- Harvey: Well you see for me, dance is sort of a metaphor.
- Libby: For what?
- Harvey: I don’t know, something else?
- Harvey: Do you wanna head over to the Slicery and to play a little foozball?
- Sabrina: [enthusiastic] Yeah, I love foozball! [beat] Sorry, I've been hanging out with Chad too long...
Third Aunt from the Sun
- (November 8, 1996)
- Hilda: How can you choose the Pleasure Dome over High School?! Wait, that didn't come out right...
- (November 15, 1996)
- Zelda: Thank goodness she left. Now we can talk about the first millisecond after the Big Bang. See I think-
- Ethan: (interrupting her) LOVE ME!
- Zelda: What?!
- Ethan: I’m sorry. It’s just that we finally get rid of your weird sister, and all you can talk about is the Big Bang?! I came here tonight hoping for more than science - I wanted you to look into my eyes and see something other than rods and cones! I love you, Zelda. Don’t you realize that?
- Zelda: You never said anything!
- Ethan: I’ve been playing footsie with you all night!
- Zelda: That was you?! I thought it was the cat!
Geek Like Me
- (November 22, 1996)
- Sabrina: Libby caught me coming out of Science Club.
- Zelda: You went to Science Club? Oh, that’s wonderful!
- Sabrina: No, it’s not! Now Libby thinks I’m a complete geek!
- Hilda: I knew this would happen; it’s Zelda’s influence. I begged you to watch TV with me so you’d be normal.
- Zelda: Oh, be quiet!
Sweet and Sour Victory
- (December 6, 1996)
- Zelda: What's all the noise?
- Hilda: Everything okay?
- Sabrina: No! My trophy won't shut up.
- Hilda: Well just tell it to... Huh?
- Sabrina: It keeps calling me names. I don't know what's happening.
- Zelda: I take it you decided to compete in Kung Fu?
- Trophy: Yeah and she won. Cheater!
- Zelda: That explains it. The trophy is speaking your guilty conscience.
- Sabrina: You told me to decide for myself, and I did!
- Trophy: And you decided wrong.
- Sabrina: How do I get it to stop yapping?
- Hilda: Well, you could put a teeny weeny sock in his mouth, or you could clear your conscience.
- Sabrina: [to the trophy] Okay, I was gonna run you under hot water but now you get nothing.
A Girl and Her Cat
- (December 13, 1996)
- Sabrina: Salem, were you in my closet again?
- Salem: Yeah. So?
- Sabrina: You ruined my favorite Christmas sweater!
- Salem: Yeah. So?
- Sabrina: It meant a lot to me!
- Salem: Then you shouldn’t have hidden your diary under it.
- Sabrina: You were reading my diary again?
- Salem: Yes, and it’s duller than dish water...
- Sabrina: I’ve told you a thousands times...
- Salem: ...When I was a teenager we-
- Sabrina: ...Stay out of my stuff-!
- Zelda: Stop it, you two! It’s Christmas Eve and I don’t want any more arguing. Salem, you owe Sabrina an apology. [Salem says nothing] Now!
- Salem: I’m thinking of how to word it.
- Hilda: Try "I’m sorry".
- Salem: Somehow, that just doesn’t feel right...
- Sabrina: Forget it, I don’t have time for this. I’ve gotta meet Harvey at The Slicery, but now I’ve gotta change, thanks to you!
- Salem: Since you thanked me, can I ask a favor?
- Sabrina: Excuse me, cat? You want a favor?
- Salem: Yeah. Can I tag along to The Slicery? I’ve got a touch of cabin fever, and I'd really like to-
- Sabrina: Are you insane?! I wouldn’t bring you to The Slicery if you were the last person-slash-cat on Earth! [Storms off]
- Salem: [nonchalant] Man, what’s her problem?
- Hilda: You are so self centred, even for a cat.
- [Thinking of a way to get Salem home]
- Sabrina: Can we focus? Okay, we have five witches and a newt, we should be able to do something.
- Hilda: I’ve got it: We all hide inside a giant wooden horse!
- Zelda: [sarcastic] Hmm, that worked so well the last time.
- Sabrina: What if I use my magic to pop into the house and grab Salem?
- Zelda: Too risky; if the little boy sees you, you're caught. How will you explain it?
- Sabrina: I wouldn’t, I’d just knock him down and run out of there as fast as I could.
- Hilda: Oh, good plan! [Zelda nudges her ribs. Hard] Bad plan.
Trial By Fury
- (January 3, 1997)
- Hilda: What’s going on? I heard an explosion! [notices Sabrina] Oh, you're just making soup.
- Sabrina: No, I’m stirring up a little revenge for Mr. Rothwell.
- Hilda: What happened?
- Sabrina: It was so humiliating. He made me take the test in front of the whole class.
- Hilda: Like some sort of zoo monkey?
- Sabrina: Yeah. [imitates monkey] Co-Co hate teacher-man! [normally] Anyway, I know I flunked. So, I’m giving him an expanding butt until I can find the perfect revenge spell.
- Hilda: Well, you know nothing says "Pay-back" like [points to page in Magic Book] "Just Desserts"
- Sabrina: [reading outloud] "The spell that guarantees he’ll get what’s coming to him"!
- Hilda: But, it’s only to be used as a last resort. You might want to try and deal with him the mortal way, first.
- Sabrina: You mean TP his house?
- Hilda: No. Talk to him.
- Sabrina: I don’t want to. You talk to him.
- Mr. Rothwell: There were fifteen questions. The first five were worth forty points, the next five worth forty-five and the last five were worth fifteen. Sabrina got two of the biggies, three of the middies and one of the babies for a grand total of forty-five points. What percent of a hundred?
- Hilda: Oh! I-er... Fifteen questions, one hundred points, thirty-two... I have no idea!
- Mr. Rothwell: Forty-five percent! Jeez, no wonder she failed...
- Hilda: [gasps] But I didn’t have a chance to study for this meeting!
- Zelda: I wanted to discuss this rationally but you’re making it hard.
- Mr. Rothwell: Hey, she failed the test - what do you want me to do about it?
- Zelda: But the circumstances were unfair!
- Mr. Rothwell: Look, if it makes you feel better, you can blame this on me. But I think we both know these problems start at home.
- Zelda: [sharply] What problems?
- Mr. Rothwell: Hey, if the kid can’t master the quadratic equation, that says to me: dysfunctional family.
- Zelda: [angered] We function just fine!
- Mr. Rothwell: Tell it to her social worker.
- Judge Samuels: Would the defendant like to make a closing statement?
- Mr. Rothwell: [irritated] Yes, I would! Your honour, I’m not a baby-sitter. I’m paid to teach math, and that is what I do. Yes, I could be more sensitive, but let’s face it: The world is full of people like me. People who chose favourites. People who don’t accept excuses. People who are ‘Unfair’. Well, life is unfair and I’m just helping my students to get used to that.
- Judge Samuels: Mr. Rothwell, just one last question: Do you intend to teach high school for the rest of your life?
- Mr. Rothwell: [scoffs] Are you kidding? I’m just doing this until I can start up my own software company.
- Judge Samuels: Thank you. Well, I will return with my decision and a fresh cup of cocoa.
- Sabrina: Wait a second, how can being sentenced to teaching high school be sufficient punishment?
- Zelda: Because it’s the worst thing Mr. Rothwell can imagine.
- Sabrina: But now kids are going to be stuck with him, year after year!
- Zelda: Well, whether he means to or not, he teaches a valuable lesson.
- Sabrina: Some people are just jerks?
- Hilda: Yes, but if you study hard and you don’t let him get to you, you will pass algebra and then you can forget it. But he’s trapped in math forever.
- Sabrina: So he did get his just desserts...
- Hilda: M-hm. And now, I think we should get frozen desserts.
- (January 10, 1997)
- Sabrina: ...So then, Jenny’s dad landed on Park Place, and to pay the rent he had to borrow money from her little brother. It was super-funny.
- Harvey: My family can’t play board games, not since the Pictionary incident. [Jenny and Sabrina look him questioningly] I still can’t talk about it...
- Hilda: Hi, kitten! I just made tuna noodle casserole! [lifts lid of casserole dish and is enveloped by a cloud of steam] What do you think? [coughs]
- Sabrina: I think you’re both over done. [pulls out a piece of paper] Here, I made a list of possible topics for tonight’s dinner conversation. Now, if one doesn’t work, move on, but don’t stray from the list. [hands it to Hilda]
- Hilda: Hey, I think I know what to talk about. [reads list] Towels?
- Jenny: This is such a great place! I mean, how many people have their own turret?
- Sabrina: I don’t know, me and Rapunzel?
- Jenny: There’s a totally gothic feel to this place, like anything could happen!
- Sabrina: [pointedly] Could... but doesn’t!
- Jenny: Too bad, that’s like my dream... Hey, I got an idea; Wanna tell each other secrets?
- Sabrina: [alarmed] Secrets?
- Jenny: I’ll go first, okay? Ever since I read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, I’ve believed in other realms. Like the way Edmund pushes past the coats and falls into Narnia? I think that could happen if we could just find the door... Wouldn’t that be amazing?
- Sabrina: [unconvinced] Yeah...
- Jenny: [to Salem] Hey kitty, do you know where the linen closet is?
- Salem: Meow.
- Jenny: I know it’s snooping, but all that talk about towels made me wanna check theirs out. [walks over to the Linen Closet]
- Rulebearer: Do you mind if I smoke? It’s only bubbles.
- Sabrina: Go ahead.
- Rulebearer: Oh, I’ve been trying to quit, but my job is so stressful... [blows on her pipe]
- Sabrina: Stress? Tell me about it.
- Rulebearer: I’m sorry about the rules. I don’t make them up, I only read them... And personally, I think #714 stinks. I mean, what is so bad about mortals?
- Sabrina: Nothing. Especially Jenny, she was the coolest.
- Rule-bearer: So, why not find a loophole?
- Sabrina: [surprised] There are loopholes?
- Rulebearer: Yeah, don’t you know the rule?
- Sabrina: What rule?
- Rulebearer: I’m off duty, but... [proclaiming voice] "Rule number 803: For every rule, there is a loop-hole." [normal voice] In fact, there are more loopholes than rules.
- Sabrina: So, there’s a chance I can save Jenny?!
- Rule-bearer: Yeah - but not for another five minutes, I’ve gotta finish my bubbles.
- Sabrina: Listen up: "Mortals without concious knowledge of the realm may walk in and out of it freely." [smugly] Loophole!
- Zelda: But Jenny already has concious knowledge
- Sabrina: So we get rid of the concious part
- Hilda: We knock her out?
- Sabrina: No. We convince her she’s having a dream. Then she can leave.
- Drell: No, she can’t!
- Rulebearer: Yes, she can. [holds up scroll] I have it in writing.
- Drell: [disappointed] Oh, toothpicks!
- Rulebearer: Sorry. Rules are rules, but loopholes are loopholes!
Sabrina Through the Looking Glass
- (January 17, 1997)
- Zelda: Now, we'll empty our minds.
- Hilda: That, I can do.
- Salem: [seeing Sabrina's wart] Whoa! Who's your new friend?
- Zelda: [delighted] It’s her first wart as a witch!
- Hilda: Oh, let me get the camera!
- Sabrina: What am I gonna do? Harvey and I are supposed to give a report on the rain-forest today, but I am not going to school like this! [gestures to wart]
- Zelda: You can’t skip school because of a wart. It’s part of being a witch.
- Hilda: It happens to all of us; I once had one on the end of my nose for a decade. [laughs, then stops] Actually, it wasn’t that funny, I wanted to die. Just be glad you can cover yours with a baseball cap. [conjures up a cap for Sabrina]
- Salem: Orioles? I didn’t know you were a baseball fan.
- Hilda: I’m not - I’m a Brady Anderson fan. He is hot! I love those side-burns!
- Salem: Yeah. I may be a house pet, but I totally see it...
- Sabrina: [after discovering her Biosphere can't be fixed with magic] Great! Great, great, great!
- Hilda: That’s the spirit!
- Sabrina: [angrily] I was being sarcastic! [storms off]
- Hilda: So was I...
- Hilda: Oh, I know what I want; Flan! [conjures some up] It’s so wiggly!
- Salem: I don’t know whether to eat it, or attack it.
- Sabrina: I’m in such a good mood.
- Zelda: Well then, we should celebrate.
- Hilda: And there’s no better way to celebrate than with a woggly joggly flan! [conjures up a flan]
- Sabrina: [happily] This is great! Great, great, great! [Zelda, Hilda and Salem give her a hard look] I was being sincere!
Hilda and Zelda: The Teenage Years
- (January 31, 1997)
- Sabrina: Are you kidding? I’d love to meet the Violent Femmes! When? Where?
- Harvey: Well, they’ll be signing CD’s at Music City in Boston tonight at midnight.
- Sabrina: Midnight! That’s perfect. I have no conflicting plans. But I still have to ask my aunts.
- Harvey: Just tell them what I told my parents. It’s an astrology field trip.
- Sabrina: Don’t you mean astronomy?
- Harvey: Wow, they’re paying even less attention than I thought...
- Sabrina: This’ll be so much fun. You, me and the Violent Femmes.
- Libby: [turing around from the next table] You’re going to see the Violent Femmes?
- Harvey: Yeah.
- Libby: You have to let me come with you. [moves to sit down by Sabrina] I will do anything to meet Gordon Gano. You know I hate this word but... Please? The more the merrier.
- Sabrina: [after Harvey gives her a look] All right, you can come.
- Libby: Thanks! This is so great. I love the Violent Femmes!
- Gordie: [overhearing their conversation] You’re going to see the Violent Femmes? Can I come too? [he sits at their table beside Harvey]
- Libby: No! Jeez Gordie, you can’t just invite yourself along!
- Sabrina: I thought you just said ‘The more the merrier’?
- Libby: Twist my words, why don’t you.
- Harvey: Look, it’s my car, and I say any Femmes fan is welcome. So, Gordie, you’re in.
- Gordie: Cool!
- Harvey: Cool!
- Sabrina: Cool!
- Libby: [annoyed] Shotgun.
- Harvey: You have to let us in. I mean, talk about Violent Femmes; If they don’t meet the band, there will be four extremely violent femmes, and I’m the one who has to drive them all back to Westbridge along with one love-sick dude. Do not make me do that. You know what I’m saying, you’ve been there right?
- Door Guard: [considers] Hartford, Led Zeppelin, 1973. Go on in.
- Hilda: Look, we’re really sorry we embarrassed you...
- Zelda: ...And we feel we owe you some fun. So... [conjures up a vacuum cleaner]
- Hilda: Ta-da!
- Sabrina: [unimpressed] I get to clean the house?
- Zelda: No, you get to 'fly!
- Sabrina: On a vacuum?
- Hilda: Yes! See, old time witches used broomsticks, but vacuums are much faster and more efficient.
- Sabrina: You’re gonna let me fly? I don’t believe this!
- Zelda: It’s true. You proved tonight that you can handle the responsibility...
- Hilda: ...And we were very impressed by the way you refused to buckle to peer-pressure...
- Zelda: And most importantly, you called us your friends.
- [They group hug]
- Sabrina: [tearfully] Stop, you’re embarrassing me.
- (February 7, 1997)
- Harvey: Hey, Sabrina.
- Sabrina: Louis XV.
- Harvey: No... What are you doing over vacation?
- Sabrina: Oh, I’m going skiing with my aunts.
- Harvey: Out West?
- Sabrina: Actually...North. How about you?
- Harvey: I’ll be here. In fact, I was hoping you’d be here too, so maybe we could do stuff.
- Sabrina: Really? I wish I had known. I love doing stuff.
- (February 14, 1997)
- Sabrina: Salem, what are you doing?
- Salem: Nothing!
- Sabrina: You’re in a chatroom again pretending to be a woman, aren’t you?
- Salem: I like the attention
- Harvey: Oh! I’ll grab the cat. We can make him chase the light reflected off my watch!
- Sabrina: No! Er... He’s not allowed in the living room. Very bad shedding problem.
- Harvey: [disgusted] Really?
- Sabrina: [pointedly] Better if he just stays here and minds his own business.
- [They leave through to the living room.]
- Salem: [To himself] Like I don’t have anything better to do than spy on her. [beat] Wait, I don’t!
- Sabrina: I passed, why is Harvey still a frog?
- Zelda: There's one final detail; To change him back, you have to return to the scene of the kiss and kiss him again.
- Sabrina: [disgusted] I have to kiss a frog? That is so gross!
- Zelda: Teenagers; they'll jump through flames, but ask 'em to kiss a frog...
- (March 7, 1997)
- Sabrina: Wow! Awesome photo of Elijah Wood!
- Nana: Oh, he’s my little honey.
- Sabrina: [surprised] You know him?
- Nana: Noah Wyle introduced us.
- Sabrina: You know Noah Wyle?!
- Nana: Only through Christian Slater.
- Sabrina: I love Christian Slater! How do you know these people?
- Nana: Well, when you get to be my age, you know just about everybody.
- Hilda: So how was your date with Rick?
- Zelda: Oh, not so good. I’m starting to feel really weird about the age difference. I mean, normally I don’t care about these things, but Rick keeps bringing up stuff that makes me feel old.
- Hilda: Like what?
- Zelda: Oh, he keeps talking about how he can’t wait for the turn of the century - Big deal, I’ve done that five times!
- Hilda: Oh, and it’s always the same; I’ve partied like it was sixteen ninety-nine, seventeen ninety-nine, eighteen ninety-nine... this time, I’m staying home.
- Zelda: Exactly.
- (March 21, 1997)
- Sabrina: [filling out a form for the Boston Cat Show] Okay, name... "Salem Spellman"...
- Salem: May I remind you, I’m your cat, not your pet? I have my own last name.
- Sabrina: You do?
- Salem: It’s Saberhagen, Salem Saberhagen.
- Sabrina: And what breed are you?
- Salem: American Shorthair... and darned proud of it. Write that down, the judges will eat that up.
- Sabrina: That’s all we need! [frowns] Except for the five dollar application fee...
- Salem: Don’t look at me, I’m maxed out!
- Gordon: What can you tell me about Salem’s temperament?
- Sabrina: Well he’s very friendly, very focused and... [covers Salem’s ears] ...just a little power mad.
- Gordon: Sounds like he’s all cat.
- Sabrina: Right, and he’s got a real head for numbers; May I demonstrate? [places a board numbered from 0 to 9 on the desk] Ask him a simple multiplication question.
- Gordon: [taken back] Okay... Salem, uh... What’s seven times five? [Salem places his paw first on the three and then on the five] Amazing! [beat] Although, we do judge purely on appearance...
- Sabrina: Isn’t that life?
Meeting Dad’s Girlfriend
- (April 4, 1997)
- Sabrina: Look, I don’t know much about adult relationships, but I know you’re making a big mistake.
- Gail: [skeptical] Oh, really?
- Sabrina: Yeah, my Dad’s the coolest. I mean, he’s fun and thoughtful and kind, and if there’s a good movie, on he’ll let you stay up late.
- Gail: I’m well aware of your father’s good points - that’s why I said "yes" when you asked if I thought we’d get married.
- Sabrina: So, what’s the problem?
- Gail: He said no.
- Sabrina: He just needs time. The divorce was really hard on him and my Mom. They thought their marriage was gonna last forever - Not twelve years, which is a lot shorter... So, now he’s a little freaked out, but just be patient. I keep telling him he has to move on. [stops] We all have to move on...
- Gail: How much time do you think he’ll need?
- Sabrina: Well, it’s hard to say... But the question you have to ask yourself is not "do you want to get married", but "do you love my Dad"?
- Gail: ...I do.
- Sabrina: Then, you should be together - it’s as simple as that. You know that love between two people is stronger than any legal document.
- Gail: Yes. But as a lawyer, I’m not supposed to admit it...
- Sabrina: I guess I don’t have to worry about Mom, anymore...
- Salem: She’s happy?
- Sabrina: Yeah, she loves her work, and her colleague is really cute... So, I’m pleased to say everyone’s moved on.
- Salem: Not me, I’m stayin’ put. There’s an exciting shaft of light on the ceiling that’ll keep me here for the next five hours.
- Sabrina: [looks up at the ceiling] So there is. [smiles] Well, enjoy it, Salem - you deserve it.
As Westbridge Turns
- (April 25, 1997)
- Sabrina: What are you watching?
- Hilda: My favourite soap opera: The Burden of Desire
- Sabrina: Catch me up while they jacuzzi.
- Hilda: Okay, Blake just quit Sherman Enterprises in anger precipitating a family crisis in which Norma turned to Frank, not Nick, for comfort.
- Sabrina: Now that’s a Thursday. Why can’t my life be exciting like that?
- Hilda: It can.
- Sabrina: Really? How?
- Hilda: Use a spell.
- [She points at the coffee table and a yellow can appears]
- Sabrina: Worms? What am I supposed to do with a Can O’ Worms?
- Hilda: Open it. All emotions will become heightened. But be careful; remember, you have to take the good with the bad.
- Sabrina: Gimme, I’ll take whatever I can get. [opens the can]
- Sabrina: So, what did you wanna tell me that couldn’t wait till twelve thirty-seven?
- Harvey: Something I should have said a long time ago: I think we should go steady.
- Sabrina: Steady? I’d like that. I’d like that a lot.
- Harvey: And I want to give you something so we’ll never forget this moment. [hands Sabrina a jewellery case]
- Sabrina: [opening the case] A bracelet! It’s beautiful.
- Harvey: Read the inscription.
- Sabrina: "Harvey digs Sabrina"!
- Harvey: Look on the back.
- Sabrina: [confused] Twelve thirty-six?
- Harvey: That’s what time it was when we first spoke in the cafeteria on your first day at school.
- Sabrina: Oh, Harvey... [puts on the bracelet] It’s perfect.
- Harvey: No, you’re perfect.
- Hilda: Sabrina, what’s going on?
- Sabrina: It’s this spell, it’s totally out of control! Make it stop!
- Zelda: We can’t do that. You opened a Can of Worms and until they wriggle their way to a dramatic climax, you’re stuck.
- Sabrina: But I am in so much trouble! The police think I stole the ring Mr. Pool bought for the nurse, but Libby’s setting me up to get me out of the way because she wants to steal my boyfriend who has amnesia.
- Hilda: Oh, this is even better than Burden of Desire! [Sabrina glares at her] Except that it’s happening to you...
The Great Mistake
- (May 2, 1997)
- Witch Cop: Does this belong to you?
- Hilda: Sabrina, what's going on?
- Witch Cop: I caught her over Brooklyn flying with a full bag and trailing a lot of dust. That warrants an emissions citation, but when I attempted to pull her over, she took off!
- Sabrina: I was looking for a well lit area!
- Sabrina : I can't believe this, I'm missing The Smashing Pumpkins!
- Salem : Bummer T. Jones III.
- Hilda: Oh no, she's gone again!
- Sabrina: No, I'm not. I'm on the bed.
- Hilda: How'd you get over there?
- Sabrina: Salem carried me in his mouth.
- Salem: It took all my self control not to eat her.
- Sabrina: Whoa! Do you know what's just dawned on me? You guys had lives before I got here. This is amazing, we have a lot of catching up to do. So, were you ever kids?
- Hilda: Yes, although it was back in the fourteenth century. There were no phones, no TV's, things were very different
- (May 9, 1997)
- Teacher: Nobody had a 'witch' card. Every single card said 'townsperson'. I didn't create the witches, you did.
- (May 16, 1997)
- Stuart: Stuart Clarkson here. You have a legal emergency?
- Sabrina: A troll has asked for my hand in marriage.
- Stuart: Did you sign a contract?
- Sabrina: Yes.
- Stuart: Did you read the contract?
- Sabrina: No.
- Stuart: Have a nice wedding.
- Harvey: Is Sabrina home?
- Zelda: No. I’m sorry.
- Harvey: [disappointed] Me too... Well, when you see her, could you tell her... that I’ve thought about it, and I’m willing to accept whatever weird situation she’s in. That’s all, see ya.
- [Harvey turns to leave, when Zelda notices the words "The Termite King" written on the back of his jacket]
- Zelda: Harvey! [he stops] Would you come in for a moment?
- Harvey: ...Sure. [enters the house]
- Zelda: I couldn't help but notice your jacket... Who is the "Termite King"?
- Harvey: My Dad. That's his company.
- Zelda: Which would make you the Termite Prince!
- Harvey: And that's why I'm leaving the area when I go to college.
- Sabrina: [after magically growing her hair out, ala Rapunzel] Harvey, climb up my hair!
- Harvey: You're okay with that?
- Sabrina: Yeah, just don't split any ends.
- Harvey: I always knew there was something magical about you Sabrina, and now... [the spell wears off, causing him to forget] What was I saying?
- Sabrina: You were telling me... What Mitosis is.
- Harvey: ...Right! [beat] What is it?
Sabrina Gets Her License (Part 1)
- (September 26, 1997)
- Sabrina: Is it time for the test?
- Quizmaster: Are you kidding? You are not ready. This is a warning. You haven't cracked this hand. I mean, not even the knuckles. Hey, I liked that one.
- Hilda: Let me guess, you failed your first try?
- Sabrina: I'll get it next time.
- Zelda: I'm sure you will. But unfortunately, there's a penalty.
- Sabrina: No dessert?
Sabrina Gets Her License (Part 2)
- (September 26, 1997)
- Sgt. Slater: Spellman, Spellman... Why is that name so familiar? Hilda Spellman... Hilda Thorn-In-My-Side Spellman! Don't tell me you're related to Hilda Spellman?
- Sabrina: ...Okay!
- Sgt. Slater: Unauthorized leave, upsetting a fellow recruit, De-activating your De-activator, feeding a canine officer a non-food substance.
- Sabrina: Hey, he picked that fight, not me!
- Sgt. Slater: Oh yeah? That’s not what he said!
- Sabrina: I’ve got to get this de-activator off.
- Salem: I’ll pick it with my dew-claw. It’s essentially the same lock that’s on your diary
- Hilda: I’m so glad we spent our small fortune on a briefcase.
- Salem: So fire it up and whip me up some hospital grade catnip.
Dummy For Love
- (October 3, 1997)
- Valerie: You'll never guess who just asked me out? Kirk!
- Sabrina: Should I still guess?
- Cupid: Look, I have to be honest with you; It’s more than that, it’s against my principles.
- Salem: Is it because I’m a cat and she’s a woman?
- Cupid: No, it’s because you're a cat and she’s Sherry Lewis.
- Salem: But I could make her so happy! Besides, she’s gotta be tired of that whiny lamb. Not even a lamb, it’s a sock!
- Cupid: You sicken me.
- Salem: Get a real job... and some pants.
- (October 10, 1997)
- Witch Yenta: I have to go. I have to meet someone...
- Zelda: Your old boyfriend?
- Witch Yenta: No, my therapist
- Hilda: She seems so happy. Oh, remember how we used to stay up Friday nights telling each other about our dates?
- Zelda: We haven’t done that in ages.
- Hilda: I know. We haven’t done that in ages because we haven’t had dates in ages.
- Zelda: Oh well, at least we have each other. [pause] Oh my heavens! I’m living with my sister! I've gotta call that Yenta!
- Hilda: I remember the first time a boy gave me a star... Next thing I knew, three wise men were at the door.
A Doll's Story
- (October 17, 1997)
- Valerie: I was just invited to a party.
- Sabrina: At seven o’clock?
- Valerie: Well, I wasn’t exactly invited, but people saw me hear about it and didn’t warn me to keep away. D’ya wanna come?
- Sabrina: Gee, I’d love to, since they went to so much trouble not to ban us, but I can’t. I’m baby-sitting my little cousin.
Sabrina, the Teenage Boy
- (October 24, 1997)
- Salem: FREEZE! Don’t squirt that perfume, unless you want to be a boy who gets beaten up!
- Sabrina: Man, that was close!
- Salem: It’s not enough to look like a dude, you have to start thinking like a dude. Have you picked a name yet?
- Sabrina: Kirby?
- Salem: We’re back to getting beaten up here...
- Salem: [watching Mr Kraft and Hilda (as a man) brawl from the stairs] This is better than Pay-per-view!
- Zelda: I wish you would learn that it’s never a good idea to turn yourself into a boy.
- Hilda: Oh, there was no harm done! Except for those four cheese-steaks I ate...
A River of Candy Corn Runs Through It
- (October 31, 1997)
- Hilda: I am so glad. I hate flying during the holidays. The traffic getting back from the Universe is always vacuum to vacuum.
- Sabrina: You mean Halloween might actually be fun this year? Not that Grandpa’s game of "Find My Teeth" isn’t without it’s charms...
- Harvey: My Mom and Dad say I’ve got to take my little brother and his friends trick or treating.
- Sabrina: You're kidding! Did they just spring this on you?
- Harvey: Yeah! They just now reminded me that they told me about it two weeks ago.
- Valerie: How do we get to be friends with those guys?
- Sabrina: I think we’d have to fill in a form. Do you know what I’d say to Asher if he talked to me?
- Valerie: What?
- Sabrina: [weakly] Hello.
- Valerie: That would take guts.
- Salem: A couch who's allergic to cats? Finally, someone whose life is more pathetic than mine!
- (November 7, 1997)
- [Hilda and Zelda are meditating and the phone rings]
- Zelda: I hear bells... Have I reached Nirvana?
- Hilda: It's the phone.
- Zelda: [disapointed] Oh...
- Hippie Driver: Did that cat just talk? Or am I picking up his thoughts telepathically?
- Salem: You're right. You can read my mind. And now you're sensing my great need to stop in Philadelphia for a cheese-steak.
- Hippie Driver: I’m communicating with animals! This is so radical.
- Salem: Just drive, Woodstock boy.
- (November 14, 1997)
- Racine: Lord have mercy, look at the number of towels!
- Boyd: It’s like there’s one towel for each person!
- Great Grandma: Oh Racine, I know you're unhappy, but it was fair. Now, Hilda and Zelda got the Magic Book, and you got what you chose: all my money.
- Sabrina: They got all of great grandma’s money?
- Hilda: Yep, and they bought a mansion and a jet, and several butlers...
- Zelda:' Don’t forget tiaras for Maw Maw.
- Hilda: ...And then, all the money was gone.
- Racine: We didn’t just spend it, [proudly] we invested some of it!
- Boyd: Yeah, who knew chihuahua racing wouldn’t take off.
- Hilda: Uh, everyone?
To Tell a Mortal
- (November 21, 1997)
- Sabrina: Why didn't you guys tell me that there's a rule that on Friday the 13th I can tell a mortal I'm a witch?
- Hilda: Oh the one where you can tell anyone you want and they can know for a whole twenty-four hours?
- Sabrina: Yes.
- Zelda: We didn't want you to know.
Oh What a Tangled Spell She Weaves
- (December 5, 1997)
- Hilda: You really have to get it exactly right the first time; otherwise, there may be side effects. I remember one time I was making rum balls and I got tired, so I made a make everything round spell. Well, let's just say you can thank me for Columbus Day.
- (December 19, 1997)
- Sabrina: So I can’t decide whether I shoot for (a) The computer and the mountain bike, (b) The computer and the ski jacket or, (c) All of the above.
- Harvey: Boy, I’d hate to be there if you got a savings bond...
- Libby: Hi Harvey.
- Harvey: Hey Libby, got any plans for the holidays?
- Libby: Like it matters; I hate Christmas.
- Harvey: What’s your take on Kwanzaa?
- Libby: I usually like all the presents, but this year I have to be around my bratty step-brother, Russell.
- Harvey: [surprised] Really? Your family has a brat in it?
- Libby: Colours with my lipstick, drips chocolate on my stuff and he can cry on cue... [notices Sabrina] What’s your problem, Freak? Hoping Santa will give you a personality this year? [walks off]
- Sabrina: And a crossbow!
- Zelda: We have a problem, our niece Sabrina has a case of Egotitis.
- Bob: Yeah? That’s not your only problem...
- Hilda: It isn’t?
- Bob: Nah - You’ve got one sorry looking Christmas tree.
- Sabrina: It looked better with presents.
- Hilda: Do you realise what you’ve done?!
- Sabrina: What, Bob’s going to sue?
- Zelda: No! He’s Santa Claus!
- Sabrina: [horrified] What?!
- Hilda: That’s right - you’ve just maimed Father Christmas!
- Sabrina: So, I guess I’m not the only one not getting presents this year...
Little Big Kraft
- (January 9, 1998)
- Mrs. Quick: Mr. Kraft, the students need lunch, and they need it now!
- Mr. Kraft: [digging into his pocket] Well, I have two rolls, a jaw breaker and... [pulls the gum from his mouth and holds it up] some ABC gum and I’m willing to share.
Five Easy Pieces of Libby
- (January 23, 1998)
- Libby: Well, I’ll be using me as shorthand for us. I’ve already got the floral design in my head.
- Sabrina: Oh, well I’m glad your butt is working. Oh, I’ll be using butt as shorthand for your head.
Finger Lickin' Flu
- (January 30, 1998)
- Sabrina: I'm too weak to lie, I didn't wear my mittens.
- [Zelda feels Sabrina's forehead]
- Hilda: Well, Salem... your temperature is alarmingly high
- Salem: [surprised] I'm really sick?
- Hilda: Yes, and that can only mean one thing...
- Salem: More attention and sympathy?
- Hilda: [grins] A nice cold bath!
- [Hilda points and a kitty bath appears on the table with ice cubes floating in it]
- Salem: What?! [quickly] I’m feeling better! [Hilda picks him up as the scene switches to an exterior shot of the house] I AM NOT AN ANIMAL!
- Zelda: Now there’s something you should know about Dr. Brickman-
- [a seven-year-old in a doctor's coat enters, reading a clipboard]
- Dr. Brickman: Hello, I’m Dr. Brickman.
- Sabrina: [to Zelda, sarcastic] Let me guess, he has cold hands?
- Zelda: Don’t worry, he performed his first operation at two.
- Dr. Brickman: I even supervised my own birth - I’m a complete professional.
Sabrina And The Beanstalk
- (February 6, 1998)
- (February 13, 1998)
The Band Episode
- (February 27, 1998)
When Teens Collide
- (March 6, 1998)
My Nightmare, The Car
- (March 20, 1998)
Fear Strikes Up A Conversation
- (April 3, 1998)
- (April 17, 1998)
- (April 24, 1998)
- Sabrina: Aren’t you trespassing on government property?
- Quizmaster: No, I’m here to inform you that you can expect a very big Witch Exam sometime soon.
- Sabrina: It doesn’t involve changing the earth’s orbit, does it? Because the last time I tried that, a little thing called El Nino happened.
- Quizmaster: Well, I can’t tell you when, but I can tell you where.
- [Mr. Kraft walks towards them, writing in a clipboard]
- Mr. Kraft: [to himself] Oh boy, I don’t know why they can’t just accept the misery that should be their lives... [Quizmaster snaps his fingers] Class trip to Florida!
- Sabrina: [delighted] We’re going to Disneyworld!
- [the students cheer with her]
- (May 1, 1998)
- (May 8, 1998)
Mom Vs. Magic
- (May 15, 1998)
It’s A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Season Opener
- (September 25, 1998)
Boy, Was My Face Red
- (October 2, 1998)
- Salem: [on laptop] I’m so happy, I could plotz!
- Sabrina: Not on the kitchen table.
- Salem: You can say goodbye to this furry little punim!
- Hilda: Salem, what’s with all the Yiddish? Are you going into show business?
- Salem: I’m online with a camel in Jerusalem who used to be an Amway salesman.
- Zelda: Why did the Witches' Council turn him into a camel?
- Salem: He used to be an Amway salesman. Anyway... He was wandering through the desert, when he found a scroll that said; "Witches (like me) can be turned back into their former selves, if they’re kissed by someone who loves them".
- Sabrina: Why can’t you just play Solitaire like regular cats?
- Salem: One little kiss and I can once again be a man! I’ll no longer be a schlemiel!
- Zelda: Salem, don’t trust chat rooms.
- Hilda: Besides, you little yutz, who’re you going to get to kiss you?
- Salem: Pucker up.
- Hilda: If I helped turn you into a man, the Witches' Council will turn me into a cat. What a sad, pathetic existence that would be.
- Salem: Moving on... I love ya Zelda!
- Zelda: I love you, too... [kisses her finger and places it on his head] ...But I’m not in love with you.
- Salem: Oh, Sabrina...
- Sabrina: Not until you find a new way of grooming yourself.
- Salem: Mean! There must be somebody out there who’s not so stingy with kisses! [Hilda conjures up a Boxer dog, who immediately starts slobbering over him] Oh lord, He’s got toilet-water breath! [sobs]
- (October 9, 1998)
The Pom Pom Incident
- (October 16, 1998)
- (October 23, 1998)
- Mounty: Freeze!
- Hilda: As if we can do anything ELSE in this weather...
- Mounty: Before I let you go, I have to ask you a few questions about the Mortal Realm to prove you live there - standard procedure
- Zelda: Fire away! I DO have three P.h.D's!!
- Mounty: What are the names of the Hanson brothers?
- Zelda: Who??
- Hilda: Isaac, Zachary and Taylor
- Mounty: What actor from Marcus Wellby just married Barbara Streisand?
- Zelda: Ooh, ooh... Robert Young!
- Hilda: James Brolin
- Mounty: Sports. Who's the best ----
- Hilda: ...Michael Jordan!
- Mounty: Correct, you can go!
- Hilda: Yes!! (Hi-fives Zelda, both attempt to leave)
- Mounty: (holding Zelda back) Oh, not you
- Zelda: But -- but, but...
- Mounty: You didn't answer one question, there's no WAY you live in the Mortal Realm
- Zelda: But I DO! I know who wrote Pride & Prejudice! I know who discovered the Uranium Isotope!
- Mounty: No one in the Mortal Realm knows those things!
- Zelda: (being dragged off by Mounty) HILDAAA!!!
- Hilda: I'll help you, Zelda! Go back to the bar and wait for me - you'll be okay! Tonight's ladies' night and... you'll be the only lady!
Good Will Haunting
- (October 30, 1998)
You Bet Your Family
- (November 6, 1998)
And The Sabrina Goes To...
- (November 13, 1998)
- Zelda: What’s the matter?
- Sabrina: I got an "A+" in a really hard test and won a blue ribbon on my invention.
- Zelda: ...Uh-huh. So, what’s the problem?
- Sabrina: [upset] That! No one's excited!
- Zelda: Oh, honey... It’s just that, you get "A"s and win things so often, you can’t expect a parade every time.
- Sabrina: How about one person walking by with a hearty "well done!"?
- Zelda: I, on the other hand, solved an ancient math problem, and the Other Realm scientist sat there like a group of mutes. Of course, now that they’re covered with smallpox, they might be livelier...
- Sabrina: I’d just like one person to get a little keyed-up!
- Sabrina: This Magic Book is useless, it shouldn’t take this long to find a quick fix!
- Salem: What are you looking for?
- 'Sabrina: When I go back to school, I want my good work acknowledged, but I haven’t found anything under awards, accolades, prizes... Not even lip service!
- Salem: Check the recipe section. [Sabrina looks at him doubtfully] Just do it! Do it!
- [Sabrina flips to the back of the book]
- Sabrina: [confused] It’s just "desserts".
- Salem: Exactly - That’s what you want, your Just Desserts.
- Sabrina: [reads page] Oh, I see; "With one little bite of this Just Dessert, you’ll get the recognition your good work deserves..." Cool!
- [Sabrina points at her desk and a large chocolate cake materialises]
- Salem: Wow! You're lucky; when I was a witch, Just Deserts was a prune. [the linen closet doorbell rings, Sabrina gets up to answer] An old prune!
- Valerie: [singing] "S", because she’s so sublime,
"A", because she’s awesome all the time!
- Harvey: [singing] "B", because she’s the best babe in school,
"R", because she really makes me drool!
- Mr. Kraft: [singing] And "I" is for the icon she’s become,
"N" is ‘cause she’s great, she makes me numb!
- All: [singing] and "A", it’s redundant to say,
is the great mark she gets everyday!
No matter how it’s spelled;
Sabrina is un-parra-lelled!
- Valerie: Sa!
- Harvey: Bri!
- Mr. Kraft: Na!
Nobody Nose Libby Like Sabrina Knows Libby
- (November 20, 1998)
Sabrina And The Beast
- (November 27, 1998)
- (December 11, 1998)
Whose So-Called Life Is It Anyway?
- (January 8, 1999)
What Price Harvey?
- (January 15, 1999)
Sabrina And The Pirates
- (February 5, 1999)
- (January 29, 1999)
Sabrina, The Matchmaker
- (February 12, 1999)
Salem the Boy
- (February 19, 1999)
- Sabrina: Salem?
- Salem [as Gordy: Speaking. Man, standing rocks!
- Sabrina: Well, that was really nice of you to ask Valerie out. Well, to get Gordy to ask Val- Well, whatever just happened was really nice.
- Salem: I thought I might in service while I'm here. It's just my way of saying... [rubbing his head on Sabrina's shoulder] Thank you, thank you, thank you!
- Sabrina (before being thrown to the lions during Rome's national anthem): Hey, it's Rolan and Salem!
- Zelda: Oh, thank Zeus!
- Rolan: I'm sorry I ducked out on you, [indicates Salem] but I had to talk Charlie Powermooger out of taking down Microsoft.
- Salem: I couldn't resist power, (weeping) but I'm weak. I'm sorry, Sabrina. I didn't want to hurt you; I just wanted to rule you. (Sabrina makes a weird face; Salem faces the Witch Judge) Your Honor, I'm ready to be a cat again.
- Witch Judge: Sabrina, once again, you dodged the bullet (Sabrina smiles) That´s the name of the lion, "Bullet"
- Sabrina: Thank you guys! If you´re excuse me I think I´m gonna faint... (she faints)
- Hilda: (To Caligula) No! She doesn´t need mouth to mouth!
Sabrina, The Teenage Writer
- (February 26, 1999)
The Big Sleep
- (March 12, 1999)
- Salem: [refering to Mr. Tobias] Let's destroy everything that's dear to him. Let's indoctrinate him into the cathedral of agony.
- Zelda: I'm going to write him a very stern letter.
- Salem: [sarcastic] You're a regular Mad Max, aren't you?
Sabrina’s Pen Pal
- (March 26, 1999)
Sabrina's Real World
- (April 9, 1999)
- [Sabrina has been sent out to deal with a rampaging dinosaur]
- Sabrina: Okay, I'll just engage it in friendly conversation and maybe it'll go away. What language do giant lizards speak? Of course, Japanese. [casts a spell on her throat, making her speak Japanese] Takor, aday Toyota noya shin chah domo masu? ["So, what do you think of the new Toyotas?"]
- Harvey: I didn’t know Sabrina could speak Japanese...
- 'Mr. Kraft: Oh yes, it’s part of every Safety Monitor's training.
- Dinosaur: [speaking French] Je ne comprends pas. Je parle français. Est-ce distillateur l’ère Mésozoïque? ["I don't understand. I speak French. Is this still the Mesozoic era?"]
- Sabrina: [to herself] A French dinosaur. I only wish this was the strangest thing I've ever encountered. [casts another spell on her throat, making her speak French] Vous êtes dans la chance. Ils ont un centre ville de festival de viande. Un bon nombre de sauces crèmes. ["You're in luck. They're having a meat festival downtown. Lots of cream sauces".]
- Dinosaur: Non possible! ["No way!"]
- Sabrina: Possible. ["Way."]
- Dinosaur: Merci, porc Américain culturelement illettré. Au revoir. ["Thank you, culturally illiterate American pig. Toodles."] [stomps away]
Long And Winding Shortcut
- (April 30, 1999)
Sabrina, the Sandman
- (May 7, 1999)
- (May 14, 1999)
The Good, The Bad & The Luau
- (May 21, 1999)
No Place Like Home
- (September 24, 1999)
Dream A Little Dreama Me
- (October 1, 1999)
- (October 8, 1999)
Little Orphan Hilda
- (October 15, 1999)
- (October 22, 1999)
Episode LXXXI: The Phantom Menace
- (October 29, 1999)
Prelude To A Kiss
- (November 5, 1999)
Aging, Not So Gracefully
- (November 12, 1999)
Love Means Having To Say You’re Sorry
- (November 19, 1999)
Ice Station Sabrina
- (November 21, 1999)
Salem And Juliette
- (December 10, 1999)
Sabrina, Nipping At Your Nose
- (December 17, 1999)
Now You See Her, Now You Don’t
- (January 7, 2000)
- (January 21, 2000)
Love In Bloom
- (February 11, 2000)
Welcome Back, Duke
- (February 25, 2000)
- (March 3, 2000)
- Annabelle: Who better to be my Maid of Honor than the person who fixed the rift between my Daddy and me?
- Sabrina: Well, besides a sister, college roommate or lifelong friend, I can't think of anyone...
Dreama, The Mouse
- (March 17, 2000)
The Wild, Wild Witch
- (March 31, 2000)
- (April 14, 2000)
The Four Faces of Sabrina
- (April 28, 2000)
- Harvey: I'm gonna leave you on the dance floor looking like a fool!
The End Of An Era
- (May 5, 2000)
Every Witch Way But Loose
- (September 22, 2000)
- (September 29, 2000)
Heart Of The Matter
- (October 6, 2000)
You Can't Twin
- (October 13, 2000)
- Roxie: [after finding Katrina posing as Sabrina reading her diary] How far did you read?
- Katrina: Far enough to know you had a dream about Miles last night.
- Miles: Really?
- Roxie: Don't get too excited, you were dead.
- Zelda: Mother's maiden name?
- Sabrina: Becker.
- Hilda: Favorite dessert that doesn't involve chocolate?
- Sabrina: There isn't one. How long is this going to go on?
- Zelda: Until we make absolutely sure you're the real Sabrina.
- Hilda: Say "Woo hoo".
- Sabrina: Woo hoo.
- Salem: Imposter! J'accuse!
- Sabrina: Back off furball, or I'm gonna tell Aunt Zelda about the time I caught you in her lingerie drawer trying on her lacy red...
- Salem: It's Sabrina!
- Jezebelda: Well well well, look what the cat dragged in.
- Katrina: It's horrible to see you too.
- Jezebelda: Did you gain a little weight?
- Katrina: Did your legs get skinnier?
- Jezebelda: Is that a whisker coming out of your chin?
- Katrina: Is that a chin coming out of your other chin?
- Jezebelda: [fondly] Lord, I missed you girl.
- Katrina: I missed you, too. [they hug]
House Of Pi’s
- (October 20, 2000)
The Halloween Scene
- (October 27, 2000)
- (November 3, 2000)
Some Of My Best Friends Are Half-Mortal
- (November 10, 2000)
Lost At ‘C’
- (November 17, 2000)
Sabrina’s Perfect Christmas
- (December 15, 2000)
My Best Shot
- (January 12, 2001)
Tick-Tock Hilda's Clock
- (January 19, 2001)
- [The doctor pulls a clock out of Hilda's stomach]
Hilda: Wow, you'd think I'd remember swallowing that...
- Hilda: I hate doctors! They poke you, and ask if that hurts. Of course it hurts, you just poked me!
- Hilda: Sabrina, I do not want a birthday party, I do not want one on the beach, I do not want one with a sneach, I do not want one up in space, I do not want one any place!
- Sabrina: A party in Whoville?
- Hilda: If I don't get that clock back today, I am gonna OFF SOMEBODY!
Sabrina’s New Roommate
- (January 26, 2001)
Making The Grade
- (February 2, 2001)
Love is a Many Complicated Thing
- (February 9, 2001)
- Roxie: Miles, tell her that Valentines day is nothing more than a bogus holiday engineered by the greeting card industry.
- Miles: In cahoots with the flower companies and candy manufacterers. I have a hunch the Trilateral Commision is also involved.
- Sabrina: That's so cute, I never realized how much you two have in common.
Sabrina, The Muse
- (February 16, 2001)
Beach Blanket Bizarro
- (February 23, 2001)
- (April 6, 2001)
Sabrina, The Activist
- (April 27, 2001)
Do You See What I See?
- (May 4, 2001)
Sabrina’s Got Spirit
- (May 11, 2001)
- (May 18, 2001)
Really Big Season Opener
- (October 5, 2001)
Sabrina’s Date With Destiny
- (October 12, 2001)
- (October 19, 2001)
Murder On The Halloween Express
- (October 26, 2001)
The Gift Of Gab
- (November 2, 2001)
- (November 9, 2001)
Hex, Lies And No Videotape
- (November 16, 2001)
- (December 7, 2001)
A Birthday Witch
- (January 11, 2002)
Deliver Us From E-Mail
- (January 18, 2002)
- (January 25, 2002)
Sabrina And The Candidate
- (February 1, 2002)
I Think I Love You
- (February 15, 2002)
- (February 22, 2002)
Time After Time
- (March 15, 2002)
Sabrina And The Kiss
- (March 22, 2002)
- (April 5, 2002)
- (April 12, 2002)
- (April 19, 2002)
The Whole Ball Of Wax
- (April 26, 2002)
Driving Mr. Goodman
- (May 3, 2002)
I Fall To Pieces
- (May 10, 2002)
Total Sabrina Live!
- (September 20, 2002)
The Big Head
- (September 27, 2002)
Call Me Crazy
- (October 4, 2002)
- (October 11, 2002)
- (October 18, 2002)
- (November 1, 2002)
Witch Way Out
- (November 8, 2002)
- (November 15, 2002)
It’s A Hot, Hot, Hot, Hot Christmas
- (December 6, 2002)
- Leonard: Well, it looks like my posse has just baled on me. Say, do you buffalo gals wanna come out tonight?
- Sabrina: Er, I’m sorry, are you inviting us to a saloon?
- Leonard: No. I’ve got this condo for the holidays, and Cole and James just baled on me. I don’t suppose you ladies would be interested in a little winter getaway? Condo’s got a hot-tub.
- Sabrina: [to the others] That could be fun!
- Morgan: Excuse me, Sabrina, the last thing that we want to do is go freeze our butts off on some mountain.
- [The girls head for the door]
- Leonard: Mountain? No, no, the condo’s in Miami.
- [All three of them stop in their tracks]
- Sabrina: Miami?
- Roxie: Florida?
- Morgan: America?
- Leonard: Eighty degrees and sunny.
- [delighted, the girls form a conga-line]
- Girls: [singing] Going to Miami!
Going to Miami!
Going to Miami!
Going to Miami!
- Sabrina: [to Morgan] Okay, you go and distract Roxie.
- Morgan: Okay. [beat] How?
- Sabrina: Haven't you ever distracted anyone before?
- Morgan: Well, yeah, but I don't think Roxie's gonna fall for the "Ooops, my strape broke!" trick.
- Sabrina: It's worth a shot. [pushes her towards Roxie]
Ping Ping A Song
- (January 10, 2003)
- Annie: That’s it? Nobody has a story idea?
- James: Annie, it’s been kind of a slow week. I mean, no rappers got arrested, no movie stars were hospitalised for “exhaustion”...
- Annie: Come on! A new trend, a new band, there must be a story we haven’t done?
- Sabrina: Okay, last night on National Superstars- [notices James and Cole sneering] ...Which I only watched because my roommates made me... They announced they’re gonna do their next show in Boston. I mean, maybe we could do a story on that?
- Cole: That show is so lame.
- [Sabrina joins in with the general mutters of agreement]
- James: Seriously, I cannot believe people watch that junk.
- [long pause]
- Cole: There’s no way Clay should have won, okay? Tania was so much better!
- Leonard: Tania was hot! Rosie O’Donnell hot!
- Annie: Okay, you all gotta get a life. [to Cole] Clay rocks.
The Lyin’, The Witch And The Wardrobe
- (January 17, 2003)
In Sabrina We Trust
- (January 24, 2003)
Sabrina In Wonderland
- (January 31, 2003)
- (February 7, 2003)
Cirque Du Sabrina
- (February 14, 2003)
Getting To Nose You
- (February 21, 2003)
- (February 27, 2003)
- (March 20, 2003)
- Harvey: Salem invited me. He said there would be food and fireworks.
- Salem: I have lighted the fuse. Now I just have to wait for the kapowie! Mwahawhaw
- Morgan: So, you're in the nuclear biz? I once dated a guy named Adam, but then we split!
- Shirley: [to Aaron, about Sabrina] I like her. I like her a lot. Even more than Brenda.
- Sabrina: Thank you. [to Aaron] Who’s Brenda?
- Aaron: Oh, no one. No one important.
- Shirley: [pointedly] His last fiancé.
- All but Sabrina: Harmony, Harmony, Gosh we're feeling' swell....
- Sabrina: I guess the musical notes on the label should have tipped me off. Well, at least we're not arguing anymore...
- All but Sabrina: Harmony, Harmony, Gosh we're feeling' swell!
Harmony, harmony, this is going' oh so well!
- Shirley: Imagine my delight
to meet you here tonight
and endlessly enumerate the reasons you're not right! My boy says you're the one,
when all is said and done,
you simply are not good enough to wed my perfect son!
- Aaron: It steams me seeing Harvey standing next to you.
It seems that Harvey's more than just an ex to you.
- Sabrina: Oh yeah? [takes a bite of crab cake with Harmony salt and sings] I love the ring, but, hey
I'd love to hear you say
How many other fiances you've dumped along the way!
- Morgan: Harmony, harmony, can't conceal the bile.
Harmony, harmony, this is gonna take a while!
- Roxie: [dances with Bob] Your power plants and toxic dumps are perilous.
- Bob: Your room-mate's confrontational and querulous.
- Sabrina: Perhaps it would be best
To not offend our guest
so zip your lip and give your hippie politics a rest!
Harmony, harmony, this was not my plan.
Now we're all meaner than when this stupid song began!
- All: There's nothing like a good old-fashioned melody
To put a little gloss on animosity!
Slinging mud with effervescent charm!
Drawing blood while singing arm in arm!
And all in perfect harmony!
- Bob: [goes down on one knee with arms out] In case you didn't hear it;
- All: Knock-down drag-out harmony!
- Sabrina: At the end of the day, the important thing to remember is that Aaron loves me, and I love Harvey.
You Slay Me
- (March 27, 2003)
- Sabrina: So, you're my prince...
- Aaron: [not understanding] Not a prince, just a man who wants to spend the rest of his life with you.
A Fish Tale
- (April 17, 2003)
What A Witch Wants
- (April 24, 2003)
- (April 24, 2003)
- Sabrina: Harvey?
- Harvey: I'm not really sure what this [Soul-stone] is, but something told me I would find the answer here.
- Sabrina [smiles] I think that I just found mine.
- (April 7, 1996)
- (October 4, 1998)
- (September 26, 1999)
- Episode transcripts at TVTDB.com