Sagwa, the Chinese Siamese Cat
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sagwa, the Chinese Siamese Cat is a Chinese-Canadian-American animated television series based on the children's book of the same name by Amy Tan which aired on PBS Kids, produced by Canada-based animation studio CinéGroupe and Sesame Workshop.
Cat Burglar/Sagwa's Good Deed [1.05]
- [Sagwa was late for dinner --even though she had promised to be on time.]
- Mama Miao: So, there you are!
- Sagwa: Where are the others?
- Mama Miao: Well, (Dongwa and Sheegwa) they were on time for dinner! So they had finished eating!
- [Mama confronts Sagwa about being late for dinner.]
- Mama Miao: As I recall, you promised to be on time for dinner! But since you broke your promise, you are eating what is left! Plain rice!
- Sagwa: [flustered] PLAIN RICE!? THAT IS IT!?
- Mama Miao: Well, if you were on time, you could have had steamed fish and bok choy! Now eat your dinner!
Harvest Festival Race/The Foolish Magistrate's New Robes [1.06]
- [Dongwa is not pleased that he gave up his snack for their grandparents' anniversary special]
- Sagwa: What a disaster...
- Dongwa: Yeah, all that wasted shrimp.
Fur Cut/Magistrate Loses His Post [1.07]
- Baba: Oh, no need dear. I've-I've already attended to my grooming. [pan on Baba's messy back, with Sheegwa laughing]
- Dongwa: What? Rain spirit dragons don't spit fire.
- Sagwa: Well- well this one did!
The Foolish Magistrate's Aching Tooth/Sheegwa and the Blizzard [1.10]
- Fu-Fu: Me?! You go after him!
- Dongwa: Oh no, you go. I'll wait here so I can pounce on him when he comes out. [headbutts Fu-Fu towards the room and laughing slyly] Works every time.
Sagwa Rules/Ciao Meow [1.15]
- [The scene now shows that all the kittens --Dongwa, Sagwa, and Sheegwa-- are all soaked. Sheegwa had disobeyed the rules and was on the palace wall. She fell into the pond and was rescued by Dongwa and Sagwa. But Dongwa and Sagwa --trying to save her-- also ended up in the pond.]
- Sagwa: [to Sheegwa] SHEEGWA!? WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!? YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE PALACE WALLS!
- Sheegwa: I am sorry. [sneezes] Ah-choo!
- Sagwa: [to Dongwa about Sheegwa having a cold] We have to get her inside. She is catching a cold.
- [Meanwhile, back in the palace.]
- Sheegwa: [sneezes a big sneeze] AH-AH-AH-CHOO!
- Sagwa: Shhh! Sheegwa? Mama cannot see us like this.
- [Mama Miao sees the kittens --Dongwa, Sagwa, and Sheegwa-- all wet and all three of them have colds.]
- Mama Miao: [she sees the kittens having colds and becomes concerned about this] Oh my poor dears! What happened?
- Sheegwa: It is all my fault I should not have climbed on the alley wa...wa...! [sneezes an even bigger sneeze] AH-AH-AH-CHOO! ...walls.
- Mama Miao: [to the kittens] Come. Let's get you all dried up and to bed.
- [It then becomes revealed that the kittens --for a while-- are not going outside. Because they have colds. Sheegwa was disobeying the rules --being on the alley walls. But so was Dongwa and Sagwa when they tried to rescue her and also ended up in the pond.]
Explorer's Club/Time for Everything [1.16]
- Baba: [to Dongwa] YOU ARE LETTING YOUR SISTER DO YOUR WORK!?
- Dongwa: I ya...! I err...!
- Baba: [turning to Sagwa] AND YOU (SAGWA)! HELPING YOUR BROTHER TO DECEIVE ME!
- [Then to both Dongwa and Sagwa.]
- Baba: THAT IS NOT LIKE YOU! WHAT DO YOU TWO HAVE TO SAY TO YOURSELVES!?
- [Baba chews both Dongwa and Sagwa out and asks them what they both say for themselves. Dongwa and Sagwa do not have an answer at the moment. Baba is not pleased.]
- Baba: WELL, UNLESS YOU CAN COME UP FOR AN EXPLANATION FOR THIS, YOU ARE BOTH CONFINED TO YOUR QUARTERS (FOR A WEEK)! (A MONTH! A YEAR! A LUSTRUM! A DECADE! A CENTURY! A MILLENNIUM!)
- [This means until Dongwa comes up with an explanation for this, he is confined to his quarters for a week, a month, a year, a lustrum, a decade, a century, or possibly a millennium.]
- Dongwa: But Baba...! Tomorrow is the...!
- Baba: AND THAT IS FINAL!
Luck be a Bat/Tea for Two Monkeys [1.26]
- Sagwa: Can't you fit through the bars?
- Fu-Fu: [opens robe, reveals Balloon Belly] Nah, too many dumplings.
All Grown Up/The Cat and the Wind [1.34]
- Baba: [takes a piece of grass] It's a duck call. [quacks]
- Dongwa: Oh, sure Baba. Like a duck is ever gonna think that's real.
- [a real duck shows up, with Dongwa getting startled and hangs onto Sagwa]
The Return of the Rat/Great Balls of Fire [1.38]
- [The Rat tries to take a bite out of the clay "cookie" --thinking it was a real almond cookie.]
- Sheegwa: I tried to tell you! It's not a real cookie. Ba-Do made it out of clay.
- Rat: CLAY?! Is that one of the food groups?!
- Sagwa Miao (voiced by Holly Gauthier-Frankel)
- Sheegwa Miao (voiced by Jesse Vinet)
- Dongwa Miao (voiced by Oliver Grainger)
- Baba Miao (voiced by Arthur Holden)
- Mama Miao (voiced by Ellen David)
- The Foolish Magistrate (voiced by Hiro Kanagawa)
- Tai-Tai (voiced by Khaira Ledeyo)
- Ba-Do (voiced by Kathy Tsoi)
- Luk-Do (voiced by Leanne Adachi)
- Huang-Do (voiced by Rosa YeeRosa Yee)
- The Cook (voiced by Raugi YuRaugi Yu)
- The Reader (voiced by Russell Yuen)
- Fu-Fu (voiced by Rick Jones)