Sakshi Maharaj (born 16 January 1956) is an Indian politician leader belonging to the Bharatiya Janata Party. He was elected a member of Lok Sabha from Unnao during the 2014 India general election. He is also a religious leader who holds the title of Acharya Mahamandleshwar of Shri Nirmal Panchayati Akhada.
- The sadhu has always ruled the society. We sanyasis have come forward today to purify politics, just as Lord Shiva stepped forward to drink the poison which sprang from the churning of the cosmic oceans.
- This population rise in not because of Hindus. Population has risen due to those who support the concept of four wives and 40 children.
- Blaming the population growth in India on the Muslim minority, as quoted in "Those with 4 wives behind population rise: Sakshi Maharaj stirs row in UP", Deccan Chronicle (7 January 2015)
- It is certain that Ram Mandir will be constructed under the BJP rule. If it is not built today, it will be built tomorrow or the day after. We have completed just one year in power, four more years are to go.
- On the Ram Janmabhoomi issue, as quoted in "Ram temple will be built during BJP rule, says Sakshi Maharaj", The Hindu (7 June 2015)
- If someone insults our mother, we would rather die than tolerate it… for us, it is Bharat mata, our biological mother and gau mata.
- On the 2015 Dadri mob lynching, as quoted in "If someone insults our mother, we would rather die than tolerate it, warns BJP’s Sakshi Maharaj", The Indian Express (7 October 2015)
- One person has complained of rape against Ram Rahim. Crores others believe he is God. Who do you think is right?
- Supporting rape-accused godman Ram Rahim, as quoted in "BJP Lawmaker Sakshi Maharaj Says Ram Rahim Being 'Harassed', Attacks Court", NDTV (26 August 2017)
- The Modi tsunami has awakened the country. I feel there will be no election in 2024... this is the only election and we are fighting it in the name of the country with full honesty.
- On the popularity of Narendra Modi during the 2019 elections, as quoted in "There won’t be elections after 2019 Modi tsunami: Sakshi Maharaj", The Hindu (16 March 2019)
- I am a sanyasi, if you make me win, I will win; otherwise will do bhajan and kirtan in temple; but today I am here to seek your votes. I am here to beg at your door, if you refuse a sanyasi, I would take away the happiness of your family and will curse you.
- Addressing voters while campaigning, as quoted in "‘Vote for me or I will curse you,’ warns BJP’s Sakshi Maharaj", Deccan Chronicle (12 April 2019)