Jump to navigation Jump to search
Samantha May Kerr (born 10 September 1993) is an Australian professional soccer player who plays as a forward for Chelsea in the FA Women's Super League and the Australia women's national team (the Matildas), which she has captained since 2019. As of 2022, Kerr is the all-time leading Australian international scorer, and is the all-time leading scorer in the National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) in the United States. She is the only female football player to have won the Golden Boot in three different leagues and three different continents – the W-League (Australia/New Zealand) in 2017–18 and 2018–19, the NWSL (North America) in 2017, 2018, 2019 and the FAWSL (Europe) in 2020–21 and 2021–22.
- I’m a big goal-setter. I write them down before the start of a season. I used to write them down in a journal but now I keep them in my phone. I have short and long-term goals, but I always make sure I include goals that are easy to smash because I feel this helps me along the way.
- I’ve always stayed true to who I am, no matter what’s going on. It sounds cliche but where there’s a will there’s a way, and I hope people can take away from my experience that they don’t have to fit into a certain box to make it; they can be themselves and make it and that be OK.
- Now it is all about doing what I love, I’m relaxed and enjoying what I’m doing and when the goals come you have more fun. It’s a ripple effect.
- It’s only a crazy dream until you do it.
- I'm a risk-taker, my life is lived on the edge - I either go big or go home.
- I try things that maybe others wouldn't.