Sarcasm is a form of intelligence or sarcastic expression, often involving irony. the definition of sarcasm is: the use of irony to tease. It also means a teasing remark.
- Sarcasm I now see to be, in general, the language of the Devil; for which reason I have, long since, as good as renounced it.
- Sarcasm: the last refuge of modest and chaste-souled people when the privacy of their soul is coarsely and intrusively invaded.
- Sarcasm is the refuge of losers.
- Sarcasm and compassion are two of the qualities that make life on earth tolerable.
- Sarcasm: the last defense of the truly witless.
- John G. Pollard, Letters (1981)
- Sarcasm is not the rapier of wit its wielders seem to believe it to be, but merely a club: it may, by dint of brute force, occasionally raise bruises, but it never cuts or pierces.