Jump to navigation Jump to search
Satya Narayana Nadella (born 19 August 1967 in Hyderabad, India) is an Indian American business executive and the current chief executive officer of Microsoft. He was appointed CEO on 4 February 2014, succeeding Steve Ballmer.
|This Businesspeople article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- We are the only ones who can harness the power of software and deliver it through devices and services that truly empower every individual and every organization. We are the only company with history and continued focus in building platforms and ecosystems that create broad opportunity.
- Meet the new CEO: Satya Nadella's email to Microsoft employees in InfoWorld (4 February 2014)
- Nothing is off the table in how we think about shifting our culture to deliver on this core strategy. Organizations will change. Mergers and acquisitions will occur. Job responsibilities will evolve. New partnerships will be formed. Tired traditions will be questioned. Our priorities will be adjusted. New skills will be built. New ideas will be heard. New hires will be made. Processes will be simplified. And if you want to thrive at Microsoft and make a world impact, you and your team must add numerous more changes to this list that you will be enthusiastic about driving.
- CEO Satya Nadella outlines Microsoft’s “productivity and platform” direction, hints at big changes to come in The Seattle Times (10 July 2014)
- We have a lot of work to do. We have 90% of PC [market] share and 14% of total device share. We get that,
- How Nadella will really change Microsoft in Business insider (15 July 2014)
- When I think about my career, my successes are built on learning from failures.
- Boy Genius Report: "When I think about my career, my successes are built on learning from failures: Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella" (29 December 2015)
- We will continue to be in the phone market not as defined by today's market leaders, but by what it is that we can uniquely do in what is the most ultimate mobile device.
- Microsoft's Surface Phone Could Be The Ultimate Mobile Device in Forbes (24 November 2016)
- We need to ask ourselves not only what computers can do, but what computers should do.
- The Seattle Times: "Microsoft Build: Data privacy must be protected, CEO Satya Nadella tells technologists" (7 May 2018)
- What I think needs to be done in 2018 is more dialogue around the ethics, the principles that we can use for the engineers and companies that are building AI [artificial intelligence], so that the choices we make do not cause us to create systems with bias.
- Scroll.in: "Artificial intelligence will not kill human jobs, says Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella" (29 May 2018)
- AI is going to be one of the trends that is going to be the next big shift in technology. It's going to be AI at the edge, AI in the cloud, AI as part of SaaS applications, AI as part of in fact even infrastructure. And to me, to be the leader in it, it's not enough just to sort of have AI capability that we can exercise—you also need the ability to democratize it so that every business can truly benefit from it. That to me is our identity around AI.
- Forbes: "Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella On The Extraordinary Potential Of AI" (4 June 2018)
- Microsoft has a long history of taking a principled approach to how we live up to our mission of empowering every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more with technology platforms and tools, while also standing up for our enduring values and ethics.
- The Verge: "Microsoft CEO plays down ICE contract in internal memo to employees" (20 June 2018)
Quotes about Nadella
- He’s the recommendation I made. He's the recommendation that Bill Gates made. I thought he was a candidate to replace me, which is why we moved him into his last job, which was running one of the big divisions. And I was glad he got the job, because he's done a great job...Nadella has succeeded in changing the way the financial community views the company. He’s done a good job of repositioning the company in investors' minds.
- Steve Ballmer in CNBC: "Steve Ballmer says he and Bill Gates recommended Nadella as Microsoft CEO, praises his performance" (19 July 2018)