Jump to navigation Jump to search
- My initial thoughts about what a title can do was to set mood and the prime underlying core of the film's story, to express the story in some metaphorical way. I saw the title as a way of conditioning the audience, so that when the film actually began, viewers would already have an emotional resonance with it.
- Haskins, Pamela (Autumn 1996). "Saul, Can You Make Me a Title? Interview with Saul Bass". Film Quarterly. pp. 12–13.
- Design is thinking made visible.
- Kirkham, Pat & Jennifer Bass (2011) Saul Bass: A Life in Film & Design. London: Laurence King
- There is nothing glamorous in what I do. I'm a working man. Perhaps I'm luckier than most in that I receive considerable satisfaction from doing useful work which I, and sometimes others, think is good.
- "Art Directors Club biography & images of work". adcglobal.org. Retrieved 2011-04-02.
- Symbolize and summarize.
- Saul Bass. Saul Bass | RIT Graphic Design Archive. Library.rit.edu. Retrieved on 2012-06-06.</ref>