Save the Last Dance
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Save The Last Dance is a 2001 film about a white midwestern girl who moves to Chicago, where her new boyfriend is a black teen from the South Side with a rough, semi-criminal past. The film parallels Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet.
- You know Snook, you talk a lot of shit for someone who never says anything.
- You know what? Derek and I like each other and if you have a problem with that, then screw you.
- We spend more time defending our relationship than actually having one.
- [to her dad] It's not that I hate you, it's just that I miss her.
- You can do it. Sara, you were born to do it.
- Ain't nobody watchin' you but me.
- Let's put some S-E-X in those H-I-Ps!
- They call him Snooky because Fool was taken.
- Too many little boys thinkin' they are thugs.
- You can't help who you love, Derek, you're not supposed to.
- Chenille: Quit it, Nikki.
- Nikki: Excuse me, I ain't walkin' on eggshells just 'cause you brought the Brady Bunch to the negro club.
- Sara: Then you must be in the wrong spot because I'm pretty sure there aren't any negroes here.
- Chenille: Ooh!
- Nikki: It ain't over, bitch.
- Sara: I don't even know why it started, bitch.
- Sara: [about Malaki] So you're not down with the things he does, but you're still down with him? That makes perfect sense. I understand.
- Derek: He's my friend, Sara. You don't have to understand.
- Derek: "Stepps" ain't no square dance.
- Sara: That's ok, I'll dance in circles, probably around you.
- Sara: There's only one world, Chenille.
- Chenille: That's what they teach you. We know different.
- Chenille: You need to take off that 5th grade dance lookin' top.
- Sara: Its from The Gap!
- Chenille: Its country and you look country in it!
- Snookie: I'm free Saturday night.
- Chenille: Why, is your hand busy?
- Derek: Do you get along with your dad? You tight and shit?
- Sara: Yeah, we're tight and shit. Our DNA matches.
- Sara: Asshole.
- Chenille: Who? Because in this crowd you're going to have to be a bit more specific.
- Sara: Screw you. I'm brilliant and cool.
- Derek: You're not quite there yet.
- Kenny: How you doin'?
- Chenille: Why don't you ask how your son is doing? That's a line you haven't tried in a while.
- Kenny: Why you always gotta jump off on me like that?
- Chenille: Why you gotta be like you are?
- Kenny: Ah, come on, you know you wanna dance with me. That's what you came here for, to yell at me, and to dance with me.
- Julia Stiles - Sara Johnson
- Sean Patrick Thomas - Derek Reynolds
- Kerry Washington - Chenille Reynolds
- Fredro Starr - Malakai
- Terry Kinney - Roy Johnson
- Bianca Lawson - Nikki
- Vince Green - Snookie
- Garland Whitt - Kenny
- Elisabeth Oas - Diggy