Jump to navigation Jump to search
- You can truly see that there is some melting going on. When you see it, all of a sudden you say, 'Hey, that issue that we've been talking about off and on over the years, there really is something to it.'
- Global warming fear lights fire under Congress SF Chronicle (September 23, 2006)
Quotations about Chambliss
- I'd never seen anything like that ad. Putting pictures of Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden next to the picture of a man who left three limbs on the battlefield -- it's worse than disgraceful. It's reprehensible.
- Chambliss is a senator today by sole virtue of the fact that in 2002 he attacked incumbent Max Cleland -- who lost both legs and an arm in Vietnam and earned Silver and Bronze stars -- as soft on defense and lacking in patriotism. Where was ol' Saxby during the war? Home, of course, claiming a "football injury." How you get elected reflects your character, and Chambliss should never be allowed to live down the shame of what he did in 2002. Never.
- Esquire Magazine, in its 2008 feature, "Esquire Endorses America" 
- United States Senator Saxby Chambliss official Senate site
|This political figure article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|