Jump to navigation Jump to search
Scott Bradon Cawthon (July 26, 1971 –) is an American independent video game developer, animator and writer.
- Success comes on God’s terms, in His time, and in His way. God only allowed me to have success after I’d been broken after I’d stopped seeking success for myself, and after I’d come to terms with the idea that my labors for God might not ever bring me a penny. It was only after I’d lost everything that God was able to get my heart right to the point where He could trust me with success.
- "Scott Cawthon-Christian Developer Spotlight", Geeks Under Grace (October 25, 2014)
- I’d made a family-friendly game about a beaver before this, when I went to put it online it got torn apart by a few prominent reviewers. People said that the main character looked like a scary animatronic animal. I was heartbroken and was ready to give up on game-making. Then one night something just snapped in me, and I thought to myself- I bet I can make something a lot scarier than that.
- "IGM INTERVIEWS – SCOTT CAWTHON (FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY’S)", Indie Game Magazine (April 5, 2020)
- Make sure that you are next year's big success story. Don't fall into the pit of people who have given up on making something of themselves, and make sure you take everything out of yourself. I'm getting too old for this. And when I retire someday, I'm going to want to sit down at a computer and play your games, read your stories, and watch your videos. Don't fall in with the people who have already given up on themselves. You are tomorrow's next big thing.