Self-discipline is the ability to manage oneself and one's emotions by using reason to determine a best course of action that opposes one's desires.
|This science article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Self-discipline is indispensable, if you want to master your character.
- Fausto Cercignani in: Brian Morris, Simply Transcribed. Quotations from Writings by Fausto Cercignani, 2014, quote 49.
- Self-discipline without talent can often achieve astounding results, whereas talent without self-discipline inevitably dooms itself to failure.
- Sydney J. Harris, Pieces of Eight (1982)
- The middle gear of any man is self-discipline.
- John le Carré, The Mission Song (2006)
- Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.
- Roy L. Smith
- Discipline is when you take orders without arguing, when you remember what happened to the other guy, the same thing you don't want to happen to you.
- Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes.
- Excess on occasion is exhilarating; it keeps moderation from becoming a habit.
- He that cannot obey, cannot command.
- It is better to conquer yourself than win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or demons, heaven or hell.
- With self-discipline most anything is possible.