Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sergei Mikhailovich Eisenstein (Russian: Сергей Михайлович Эйзенштейн) (23 January 1898 – 11 February 1948) was a pioneering Soviet Russian film director and film theorist, often considered to be the "Father of Montage". He was one of artists associated with constructivism.
|This Director article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- American capitalism finds its sharpest and most expressive reflection in the American cinema.
- Sergei Eisenstein (1957) Film form [and]: The film sense; two complete and unabridged works. p. 196
Quotes about Sergei Eisenstein
- “This is Paul Robeson, the greatest American singer!” declared the famous film director, Eisenstein, introducing Robeson to a reception in his honor, attended by nearly all the celebrities in Moscow’s theatre and art world.
- “I Am at Home” in Daily Worker, January 15, 1935
- Sergei Eisenstein Is Dead In Moscow; Obituary, New York Times, February 12, 1948