Shakugan no Shana
Shakugan no Shana is a light novel by Yashichiro Takashi becomes a 24-episode animated series which divided into two seasons tells the story about a Mystes named Yuji Sakai who holds the Midnight Lost Child who was caught up in a perpetual war along with the Flame Haze that has red hair and fiery eyes which he named Shana (disguised as Yukari Hirai in the human world).
Opening Narration & Ep. 1: The End of Everything
- Alastor: A heartbeat that lasts for eternity. Lives consumed in soundless balls of fire. No one can tell when the world is displaced and the Flames of the Crimson World sweep over all.
- Yuji Sakai: It happened in Misaki City, when the cherry blossoms were in full bloom. They were later than usual this year. My name is Yuji Sakai. The school year had just begun & I was settling in to daily routine that was the life of a high school student. A normal morning no different from any other, Nothing out of the ordinary. Days like that were supposed to last forever. At the time, I couldn't even begin to imagine what was about to happen. I had no incling of the strange diverging world I was soon to encounter or of the fact that I was going to die. And then I saw her, the girl with the flame red hair & blazing eyes. That was the day my world...changed forever.
- Yuji Sakai:(Upon seeing Shana for the first time) And then I saw her. The girl with the flame red hair and blazing eyes.
- Unknown: Flaming Hair Blazing Eyes. You're Alastor's Flame Haze. He who is a Flame of Heaven. Just a tool for destruction.
- Shana: I was taken by surprise. I've forgotten that thing was still moving around.
- Alastor: Indeed. For a moment there, I was reminded of Tenmo-Kuiko.
- Shana: Yes. But we knew from the very beginning that that one could move & fight freely.
- Yuji Sakai: Please. I need an ambulance.
- Shana: So noisy. Just Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! It's useless crying over a cut now.
- Yuji Sakai: But I'm...
- Alastor: It didn't have much existence when it was alive. If it was human, it would have died the moment it received a cut that deep.
Ep. 2: The Burning Flame
- Shana: You're only a Torch.
- Yuji Sakai: It doesn't matter. I'm Yuji Sakai. Just like you're...
- Shana: I'm only a Flame Haze. Nothing more. In a way, I'm the same as a torch.
- Yuji Sakai: Why do you keep saying "only?" Just stop it.
- Shana: Because it's the truth. You're only a torch. And I'm only a Flame Haze. Nothing more.
- Yuji Sakai: You're wrong.
- Shana: No. I'm not.
- Yuji Sakai: Why are you so...? (He gives up)
- Yuji Sakai: Your Name. I don't even know what your name is.
- Shana: (Blushes and looks away) I don't have a name. I'm only a Flame Haze.
- Yuji Sakai: You said it again.
- Shana: Look, shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Who needs a name anyway? To distinguish me from the other Flame Hazes, they just call me the one with Nietono no Shana.
- Yuji: Nietono no Shana?
- Alastor: That is the name of the sword she carries.
- Yuji: Nietono no Shana. Then, you're name is Shana. That's what I'll call you. You're Shana. Stop saying you're only a Flame Haze. And I'm not only a torch. I'm Yuji Sakai.
- Yuji: (On how Shana got her name) That's how it happened. I'm the one that gave her that name. From that day on, the Flame Haze with the fiery hair and blazing eyes was known as Shana.
Ep. 3: The Torch and the Flame Haze
- Shana: He didn't even ask me if I wanted a name. He's so insolent for a torch.
- Alastor: A name.
- Shana: What do I need with that kind of stuff? A name isn't going to help me carry out my missions.
- Alastor: Hmm. That's true.
- Shana: Sha-na
- Shana: He's so strange. No, Peculiar. No, sickening. Yes. He's sickening.
- Alastor: But that didn't stop you from using your powers.
- Shana: What else could I do? He actually offered to let me use his Existence. He's lucky i didn't use up all of his flame.