Sherlock Holmes and the Secret Weapon
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed by Roy William Neill. Written by William Scott Darling, based on the 1903 novel The Adventure of the Dancing Men by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
- Christmas boxes. Watson, I'm beginning to see the plan. Dr. Tobel divided his bombsight into four parts just as we brought it back from Switzerland. He's given one section of the mechanism to each of these famous scientists. What a fascinating plan. You see, each part is useless without the other three and undoubtedly, none of these scientists is known to each other.
- The four sections of your bomb sight fit inside these ponderous tomes; although, I must confess I shy to the thought of disemboweling a complete set of Charles Dickens.
- Brilliant man, Sherlock Holmes. Too bad he was honest.
- [as Moriarty drains Holmes's blood] Drop by drop, Holmes. Drop by drop. Ah, in a way I'm almost sorry. You were a stimulating influence to me but it was obvious that I should win in the end.
- Dr. John H. Watson: Woman? What woman?
- Sherlock Holmes: She's blonde. Five foot six, full lipped and very affectionate.
- Dr. John H. Watson: Oh, really?
- Dr. Franz Tobel: You would take the Nazis' own car?
- Sherlock Holmes: One must adapt oneself to the tools at hand.
- Professor Moriarty: Closer to the end, Holmes. Closer and closer. Each second a few more drops leave your desiccated body. And you can feel 'em can't you? You're perfectly conscious aren't you, Holmes?
- Sherlock Holmes: I shall be conscious long after you're dead, Moriarty.
- Dr. John H. Watson: Things are looking up, Holmes. This little Island's still on the map.
- Sherlock Holmes: Holmes: Yes. "This fortress built by nature for herself, this blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England."
- Basil Rathbone — Sherlock Holmes
- Nigel Bruce — Doctor Watson
- Lionel Atwill — Professor Moriarty
- Kaaren Verne — Charlotte Eberli
- William Post Jr. — Dr Franz Tobel
- Dennis Hoey — Inspector Lestrade
- Holmes Herbert — Sir Reginald Bailey
- Mary Gordon — Mrs. Hudson
- Henry Victor — Dr. Joseph Hoffner