Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sherman's Lagoon is a comic strip created by Jim Toomey. It focuses on the antics of sea life in a lagoon - Sherman the shark, his wife Megan, Fillmore the sea turtle, Hawthorne the hermit crab, and Ernest the fish. It was launched in 1991.
- (Sherman is sleeping)
- Hawthorne: You're blocking the entrance to my crab hole, Fat Boy! That's not allowed!
- Sherman: (wakes up) Says who?
- Hawthorne: It's the law of the sea!
- Sherman: Law of the sea... baloney.
- Hawthorne: You don't believe me? I'll get a sea lawyer!
- (Sherman goes back to sleep)
- Hawthorne: (storms off) Hmph!
- (Hawthorne returns with a "sea lawyer", a fish wearing glasses and a tie)
- Sea Laywer: (reading out of a book with "LAW OF THE SEA" written on the cover) Section 23, Paragraph 4 of the Law of the Sea: "Sharks shall grant crabs rights of egress on aforementioned crab's crab hole."
- Sherman: (wakes up) Mph!
- Hawthorne: Hmph! Told you!
- Sea Lawyer: (to Hawthorne) That'll be $400.
- Hathorne: (outraged) $400!
- (Sherman eats the sea lawyer)
- Sea Layer: WHOA!
- Sherman: What's it say in there about eating lawyers?
- Hawthorne: What lawyer?
- (September 20th, 1998)