Shining Time Station
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Shining Time Station (1989–93) was an American PBS spinoff of the Thomas and Friends series, although it was co-created by Britt Allcroft. The series returned with Family Specials in 1995 and later as Mr. Conductor's Thomas Tales in 1996.
A Place Unlike Any Other [1.1]
- [Matt cleans by Mr. Conductor's house]
- Mr. Conductor: Here! You missed a spot. It's the window over here. You did the others, but don't miss this one. That's a good lad.
- [he appears in front of the house, surprising Matt]
- Mr. Conductor: Can't do a job half way. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say. And that goes double when you're doing my windows. Because they're double-paned. A pain in the neck, and a pane to clean. Do you know what I see when I look at that clean window?
- Matt: No.
- Mr. Conductor: The inside of the switch house. What else would I see? Well done, lad. What's your name?
- Matt: Mat--Matthew--M-- Matt!
- Mr. Conductor: Or is it Matthew-Matt-Matthew? And you may call me Mr. Conductor. Well, you're a good worker. You know who'd like you? My friend Thomas.
- Matt: Thomas lives in there with you?
- Mr. Conductor: Dear me, no! Thomas is a steam engine, and he lives on the Island of Sodor. You are interested in trains, aren't you?
- Matt: Yes, sir.
- Mr. Conductor: Splendid. Then I'll tell you a story about my friend Thomas. You do like stories, don't you?
- Matt: Oh, yes.
- Mr. Conductor: Very well. But first, I have to find my whistle.
- [he looks in his pockets for his whistle and finds it]
- Mr. Conductor: Ah! Here we go!
- [he blows his whistle and the first story begins]
- Harry: There's just something about this place.
Does It Bite? [1.2]
- Mr. Conductor: [views the new schedule] Impossible! Ridiculous! And foolishness! This new train schedule is tommyrot, balderdash, and cuckoo. There isn't a train on Earth that can go from Point Pokey to Cloggyville in 11 seconds. It's 14 miles, and look here-- From Doodletown to Turley in 18 hours. Well, it's impossible. Why, I can walk from Doodletown to Turley in 15 minutes, and I'm only 18 inches tall! I'll just have to write the correct times in here.
- [as he is about to, Stacy enters and notices]
- Stacy: What are you doing? Stop that! Those are the new train schedules from the railroad company. I am the only one who can change those schedules.
- Mr. Conductor: Well, it may be new, but it's not a train schedule.
- Stacy: Give me that pencil!
- Mr. Conductor: Never! You can't get from Buttertown to Chubby Corners in four seconds! [disappears]
Promises Promises [1.15]
- Harry: [inspects his sketch] And this becomes a local for Doodlehaven.
- [Mr. Conductor, as a judge, appears before him, banging his gavel]
- Mr. Conductor: This meeting is called to order!
- Harry: I wish you'd warn me when you're going to do that.
- Mr. Conductor: Sorry, Harry. I'll try to remember.
- Mr. King: Please, remove all of this equipment at once! Good day. [leaves]
- Schemer: Boy, oh, boy. Who does he think he is?
- Harry: He is J.B. King, Schemer! Superintendent of the whole railroad!
- Schemer: Yikes. Open foot, insert in mouth.
Too Many Cooks [1.17]
- Mayor Flopdinger: The name is Osgood Bob Flopdinger. I'm the mayor of East Shemp. And I'm looking for a man called Schemer. I never saw him before, but I know his voice. Have you seen him?
- [Stacy notices Schemer directly behind the mayor and turns the mayor around to distract him while Schemer goes into hiding elsewhere]
- Stacy: Oh. Mayor Flopdinger! We spoke on the phone earlier.
- Mayor Flopdinger: Earlier than who?! [calmly] Never mind. The point is this. Have you tried that sandwich spread of his?
- Stacy: Yes, I have tried it.
- Mayor Flopdinger: Well, then I don't have to tell you that this stuff is inedible by man nor beast. My shaving cream tastes better than this.
- Stacy: I'll tell Schemer you stopped by.
- Mayor Flopdinger: Thank you very much. And tell Mr. Schemer that if he doesn't have a new, improved version of his sandwich spread in time for lunch, he's in big trouble! And not only with me, but also with every one of the Friends of the Flowering Cactus Ladies' Auxiliary. And that's not funny. Believe me, I speak from experience.
- Matt: Mr. Conductor, how can Schemer make such a big mistake and still be like he always is? He's not sorry or anything.
- Mr. Conductor: Well, he may not have learned anything. But you have learned about helping people. And Gordon has learned the same thing. Lucky thing for Thomas that he did too. But let me begin at the beginning.
Things That Go Ga-Hooga! in the Night [1.19]
- Schemer: It's the real man with his head on backwards! It's the real man with his head on backwards! (screams and jumps over the desk)
- Stacy: Was that Schemer?
- Harry: I do believe it was.
- Stacy: Were his clothes on backwards?
- Harry: I do believe they were.
Is This the End? [1.20]
- Mr. Conductor: Now, I think it is getting time for me to leave.
- Matt: Not yet. Please, not yet.
- Mr. Conductor: Now, let me tell you both something. [removes his hat and dries his forehead with his handkerchief] No matter what happens, we will always be friends.
- Tanya: Promise?
- Matt: Promise?
- Mr. Conductor: It's a promise! Good-bye, now. Good-bye. [leaves]
- Tanya: Wait! You forgot your hat.
- Matt: It's too late. Now he's gone forever.
'Tis a Gift
- Mr. Conductor: [hears a horn honk outside] Oh! There's Midge Smoot! Don't tell her a secret. She's sure to leak it!
- Stacy: [on the phone] Hello? Shining Time Station. Stacy Jones speaking. Oh, hi, Claire. Oh, you want to bring Vickie here this afternoon?
- [Matt and Tanya quietly make signals of objection]
- Stacy: Oh, sure, no problem. Okay. Glad to be of some help. I'll see you in a little bit. [hangs up; to the children] What is your problem?!
- Matt: Vickie! She's horrible!
- Stacy: Oh, she's not horrible.
- Tanya: Yes, she is. She's mean and nasty and selfish and rude.
- Stacy: Okay, okay, okay. Now, come on. Nobody can be that bad.
- Matt and Tanya: Vickie can!
- Stacy: Oh, now come on, you guys. She must have some good qualities. Think about it.
- Tanya: Well,... No.
- Stacy: Come on, you two.
- Matt: Well, both her eyes are the same color.
- Stacy: Oh, Matt.
- Tanya: She never threw up on me.
- Stacy: Tanya!
- Tanya: Well, she does have a pretty good singing voice.
- Stacy: Great! Then you can sing carols together.
- Tanya: No. She never does anything you tell her to.
- Matt: Yeah, and she never smiles, even when you say something funny to her.
- Stacy: All right. Listen, you guys. I told her mother that she can come and play, so I want you to be nice to her, okay?
- Matt: Will Santa know we've been nice?
- Stacy: Oh, yeah. Santa will know, and so will Vickie. I hope.
- Mr. King: Miss Jones!
- Stacy: Yes, sir!
- Mr. King: There's a train leaving the station. It's... It's impossible!
- Stacy: No, it's not, Mr. King. Nothing's impossible, unless you stop believing in it.
Scare Dares [2.1]
- Matt: Dear Cousin Dan, I can't wait for you to get here. Shining Time Station is busier than ever.
- Tanya: Dear Cousin Kara, guess what? Our grandfather Harry is transferred to Fort Farley, so Shining Time Station has a new engineer. His name is Billy Twofeathers.
- Matt: But Schemer is still Schemer, and you know what that means. And Aunt Stacy's fine, and she's really happy running the station. A man named Mr. Nicholas came to visit us at Christmas Time. Mr. Nicholas needed help at his workshop, so when he went back to his home at the North Pole, Mr. Conductor went along with him.
- Tanya: But then, Mr. Conductor's cousin arrived. There's always a Mr. Conductor living here, or else it wouldn't be Shining Time Station. See you on Halloween. Love, Tanya.
- Matt: When you get here. Your cousin, Matt.
- Mr. Conductor: Tanya Lasanya and Matt the Hatt!
Oh, What a Tangled Web [2.2]
- Mr. King: What, may I ask, is the meaning of this?
- Schemer: [sleepily] Do be a love and scratch my foot, won't you? [notices Mr. King] Ah, hello, J.B. [suddenly reacts and is now wide awake] Mr. J.B. King, Esq., exalted head. The meaning of this! Yes. Uh, ah, yes. The meaning of this is that it is a managerial retreat. Yes. It's especially restful for important business-type people like yourself and I.
- Mr. King: Put a sock in it, Schemer!!
The Magic is Believing [2.3]
- Becky: Neat! How does a doll like that run? On batteries?
- Mr. Conductor: STOP IT! I don't come with batteries!
- Becky: Yikes! It's a real little man!
- Dan: We've been telling you, it's Mr. Conductor!
- Kara: Now do you believe in magic?
- Becky: I do. I do. I do!
Win, Lose, or Draw [2.4]
- Stacy: Hiya, Barton! How was the race?
- Winslow: It was totally ... You should've seen me. I was out at the starting gate like greased lightning, way ahead of the pack. Well, there was one cat just ahead of me. I poured on the speed. And there we were, rounding the last bend neck and neck, and then wailing down toward the finish line! I gunned it! He gunned it! Engines roared! [imitates engines roaring] What a cat! He took me! [calmly] I lost.
Sweet and Sour [2.5]
- Rex: The first job Tex and me had was inside a radio in a bank. Always had to play "Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?".
- Didi: Well, what's why the best place to work is a train station. 'Cause you get to play songs like...
- Tex: Erie Canal.
- [Midge and a group of women form a picket in front of Schemer and Schemee's stand]
- Midge: All right, ladies. Just keep going around in a circle.
- Schemer: Ah! My dear Midge Smoot.
- Midge: Don't you dare "Midge Smoot" me! Why, you're lucky my dog is better. After eating two of your cookies, he was sick all afternoon.
A Dog's Life [2.7]
- Kara: [after Mr. Conductor's story] Mr. Conductor, did you tell us that just so we'd feel better about cleaning?
- Mr. Conductor: I was comparing your cleaning to the mess on Ginny's farm.
- Sometimes a little trouble causes great harm.
- Speaking of harm and making things cleaner,
- I'd better take a powder, because here comes Schemer! [disappears]
- Schemer: How's my little pooch, huh?
- [the dog barks at him]
- Schemer: [intimidated] Sheesh! Now, is that any way for him to treat his master?!
- Billy: Respect works both ways.
- Schemer: All right. I'll show him some respect. [holds out a nickel] Here's a nickel!
- [the dog barks at him again]
- Schemer: Now, why did he do that?!
- Billy: I don't know. Maybe because you tied him up and you didn't take him for a walk. You didn't feed him. You didn't clean up after him.
- Schemer: Anything else?
- Billy: You didn't play with him!
Field Day [2.8]
- Stacy: [looks at the new uniforms] Oh, boy, look at that.
- Billy: TST. I like the sound of that.
- Stacy: Yeah. [looks at the back] "The Schemer Team"?
- Matt: Well, Schemer did pay for the uniforms. [Mr. Conductor appears on his baseball bat]
- Tanya: Maybe they'll look better when they're on.
- [Matt moves his bat, causing Mr. Conductor to fall on a mitt]
- Kara: Mr. Conductor, are you okay?
- Matt: Sorry, Mr. Conductor. I didn't see you there.
- Mr. Conductor: [gets back on his feet] Oh, that's all right, Matt. Yes, Kara. I'm as right as rain. I landed as a soft pop fly, you might say.
- Mr. Conductor: Weren't you supposed to be out playing baseball?
- Kara: The game's not for a while yet.
- Dan: And anyway, we're gonna lose.
- Mr. Conductor: Well, you certainly will with that attitude. Imagine if Thomas had felt like that in the story of a famous race against Bertie.
- Kara: Did Thomas win?
- Becky: Tell us, Mr. Conductor.
- Mr. Conductor: I will.
- Mr. Conductor: I don't think it matters on what we'll collect. All of it was not straw.
- Kara and Becky: Straw?
- Mr. Conductor: Haven't I told about the time Percy ended up with a big straw collection and didn't want it? No? Well, then I'll tell you now. [blows whistle]
- Kara: [after Mr. Conductor's story] I'm glad the forest has grown back.
- Mr. Conductor: Forests do that. Leaves do, too. But friendships-- They can't grow back once they're broken. That's why we always have to take care of them.
- Kara: Tea sets don't grow at all.
- Stacy: [approaches with her newly-repaired teapot] But thank goodness for glue!
- Kara: [notices the pot's cracks] But it's still cracked. I'm sorry. Next time you tell me not to touch something, I won't do it.
- Stacy: Apology accepted. But you know, besides, I like these cracks. It gives it character, and it makes me think of all of you.
- Mr. Conductor: Stacy, are you calling me a crackpot?!
Stop the Press [2.14]
- Mayor Flopdinger: Scoop! Where is this Scoop?! I'm lookin' for this nincompoop Scoop!
- Scoop: Mr. Mayor, here I am, Your Honor.
- Mayor Flopdinger: [holds out his newspaper] Are you the author of this journalistic gobbledygook?
- Scoop: The story on your campaign speech. Yes, sir. I wrote that.
- Mayor Flopdinger: [hands Scoop the paper] Well, go ahead and read it. Read it right now, right there.
- Scoop: [reads the article] "His Honor said that he was here tonight to talk garbage." Well?
- Mayor Flopdinger: Well, I said I was there to talk about garbage! Trash collections. Clean streets. Recycling.
- Scoop: Oh. Sorry.
- Mayor Flopdinger: Sorry? Well, what are you gonna do about it?
- Scoop: We'll print a retraction in tomorrow's paper. No problem.
Double Trouble [2.16]
- [the two Mr. Conductors confront each other]
- Mr. Conductor: He's not me!
- Evil Mr. Conductor: Yes, I am!
- Mr. Conductor: I'm much taller!
- Evil Mr. Conductor: No, you're not!
- Mr. Conductor: You're fatter, though.
- Evil Mr. Conductor: No, I'm not! We're the same!
- Mr. Conductor: We're not the same at all!
- Evil Mr. Conductor: Yes, we are!
- Mr. Conductor: No, we're not!
- Evil Mr. Conductor: Yes, we are!
- Mr. Conductor: I can prove it! That cutout fits my outline perfectly. It won't fit yours.
- Evil Mr. Conductor: Will too!
- Mr. Conductor: Will not!
- Evil Mr. Conductor: Will too!
- Mr. Conductor: Be my guest!
- [the Evil Mr. Conductor runs over to the cut out space where he used to be a picture and lies down in it]
- Evil Mr. Conductor: You'll see that I'm you, then you'll know that it's true.
- [Mr. Conductor throws his magic dust on the Evil Mr. Conductor]
- Mr. Conductor: GOTCHA!
- [the Evil Mr. Conductor turns back into a picture]
Is Anybody There? [2.17]
- [Schemer sees the mayor approaching him and remembers something]
- Schemer: Hello, everyone, we got a special birthday announcement for the mayor; it's the mayor's birthday today...
- Mayor Flopdinger: No, it's not my birthday. It's my wife's birthday!
- Schemer: I'm sorry, it's his wife's birthday! Her name is Tuna Melt, and she's crispy on the outside, and she's soft on the inside. That's her name, and... [hands the mayor his microphone]
- Mayor Flopdinger: Her name is Twylene! Hello, Twylene, dear. It's me, Twylene, yes, your husband!
Becky Makes a Wish [3.1]
- Billy: You know, Becky, Midge has a great heart, but sometimes I wish she'd zip her lip.
- [unbeknownst to him, the wishing star passes him]
- Billy: [having seen all the disaster the star has caused] This is just one of those days I wish I'd stayed in bed.
- [the star passes him; in an instant, he is in bed]
Schemer's Alone [3.2]
- Mr. Conductor: Well, I'm here to work. What's our first step?
- Billy: Uh, your first step, Mr. Conductor, is to watch your step. That shelf hasn't been... [the shelf comes off, and Mr. Conductor slides down] ...nailed in.
- Stacy: Mr. Conductor, are you all right?
- Mr. Conductor: All right?! I appear for work and fall off a shelf? I've had better jobs, I'll tell ya.
Bully for Mr. Conductor [3.3]
- Buster: We'll see how tough you are after I tell my dumb uncle what happened. Then I can draw on the walls all I want.
- [he stops and looks at Mr. King, who glares at him]
- Buster: Oh, hello, Uncle J.B. I was just telling them about how well you run the railroad.
- Mr. King: You're already in enough trouble, Buster. Don't make it worse by lying to me.
- Buster: Oh, but whatever do you mean, Uncle J.B.? We were just having fun.
- Mr. King: Buster, we'll talk about it later. [points to the exit] Wait for me outside.
- Buster: [upset] I never get to have any fun. [points at Dan] It's all his fault!
- Mr. King: Outside!
- [Buster exits the station]
Stacy Cleans Up [3.4]
- Typo: I smell a story here.
- [he takes a sniff, then groans in disgust and covers his nose]
- Stacy: [offers a clothespin] Oh, Mr. Typo! Here.
- [Typo places the pin on his nose and exhales sharply]
- Typo: Oh, that's much better.
- Stacy: Yeah, the garbage train outside has no place to go.
- Typo: "Garbage Dump Opens at Shining Time Station"!
- Stacy: No, no, no, Mr. Typo! We've got to figure something out.
Billy Saves the Day [3.6]
- Mr. Conductor: Everyone has something special to offer, but you never know it unless you give them a chance to show you.
Billy's Party [3.7]
- Stacy: Ginny, please, just try to calm down and tell us what happened.
- Ginny: Well, you know my dog.
- Stacy: Yes. The one you renamed Mr. Filthy?
- Ginny: Well, this time, he's really gone and done it. I took the turkey outta the oven, and he's lookin' at it like a pointer. And I thought: "That's kinda cute", when all of a sudden, he lunged, attacked, ran out the back door with it and tore it to shreds! [frets] And now, I don't have a turkey.
- Kara: Mr. Filthy is a bad dog.
- Ginny: From now on, his new name is Mr. Get-Outta-There. What am I gonna do? My nephew and his wife are comin' for dinner.
- Stacy: You know something? There's a place in Dillylick that has pre-cooked turkeys, and I'm sure they're open for at least another half an hour.
- Ginny: I can't make it to Dillylick.
- Billy: You could if I took you there.
- Ginny: You'd do that for me?!
- Billy: Sure.
- Ginny: [sets to leave] Oh, come on. Let's go. Time's a-wastin'!
Schemer Goes Camping [3.10]
- Becky: Stacy, we're not going camping in the rain, are we?
- Stacy: No. I think we're gonna have to camp out in the station tonight.
- Schemer: [laughs] Camp out in the station. Talk about survival!
- Stacy: Well, what are you gonna do? You haven't packed any sleeping bags or blankets.
- Kara: No food, no lanterns.
- Becky: No raincoats, no flashlights.
- Schemer: [through his bullhorn] Who cares? Real men know how to survive in the w--
- [Stacy stuffs something in Schemer's bullhorn; Schemer lowers it]
- Schemer: Real men know how to survive in the woods using their basic instincts. For example, if we get hungry, we'll just eat bugs and bees and bark like the bears do. And if it starts raining, why we'll just build a log cabin. In short, Miss Jones, we'll be living off the land like that great American frontiersman: Pat Boone.
- [Ginny exposes a cowering Schemer to Stacy and the children]
- Schemer: Okay, I admit it! I admit it! I don't know anything about camping! But please! Please! Please keep that mountain lion away from me!
- Ginny: Mountain lion? There are no mountain lions in this neck of the woods.
- Schemer: Yes, there are! It's a mountain lion! It had a big furry tail, and little eyes, and little tiny legs, and... [imitates chomping] Chompin' on nuts.
- Stacy: Oh, Schemer. That does not sound like a mountain lion. To me, it sounds like a squirrel.
- Schemer: A squirrel? [calms down] Well, it sure looked like a mountain lion.
- Stacy: Okay, Schemer. Why don't you come here and sit down with us? We'll get you dry, get you something to eat.
- Schemer: Oh, no, no. I don't want anymore food. I'm too full. I think I ate too many sandwiches.
- Kara: Hey, Schemer, how'd you get out of the creek?
- Schemer: Gettin' outta the creek was easy. Gettin' outta the swamp-- Now, that was hard! I pulled myself up by this branch, but then it got really scary and everything, 'cause it was dark, and I was... [sobs hysterically] I thought I was a goner, and then that was it. I thought I'd never see Schemer again. But then I heard this little whistle.
- Stacy: A little whistle?
- [she notices Mr. Conductor holding up his whistle before he disappears]
- Schemer: Yeah. It was like this little whistle, and I didn't know where the heck the sound came from. So I start following the sound of this little whistle, I'm going through the woods, and all of a sudden, I'm here at Shining Time Station. But I was kind of afraid to come in, because I kinda thought that the kids wouldn't wanna see the old Schemer again.
- Stacy: Well, Schemer, it sounds like you learned your lesson the hard way.
- Schemer: Yeah. Never go campin' without my mommy.
Mr. Conductor's Evil Twin [3.11]
- Evil Mr. Conductor: I won't go back! Not this time! A broken promise is not a crime.
- Kara: Well, then, I'll tell on you.
- Evil Mr. Conductor: Tell. Go ahead. They'll just get angry and sent you to bed.
- Evil Mr. Conductor: Stick him quick! He'll get away!
- Mr. Conductor: Wait! I'm me! He's not!
- Evil Mr. Conductor: Stick him with that gluey pot!
- Kara: Which one of you's Mr. Conductor?!
- Evil Mr. Conductor: ME!
- Mr. Conductor: ME!
- Kara: Your whistle!
- Evil Mr. Conductor: My whistle?!
- Mr. Conductor: My whistle!
- [the evil Mr. Conductor blows his whistle, which sounds like it used to be for the real one's whistle, and the real Mr. Conductor blows his whistle, which is still at its low toot from earlier; Kara pours the glue on the evil Mr. Conductor]
- Evil Mr. Conductor: NO!!!!
- [he turns back into a picture]
- Mr. Conductor: YES! Thank you, Kara. If you hadn't recognized my whistle, we'd have never gotten out of this mess!
Bad Luck Day at Shining Time Station [3.12]
- Schemer: [after finding out Schemee took his technique too far] Come on. He's just a child, and he's my nephew. I don't think it's appropriate that you punish him.
- Midge: Why not?
- Schemer: Because I'm going to.
Stacy Forgets Her Name [3.14]
- Stacy: Tell me, do I know you?
- Dan: Of course you know me. I'm your nephew, Dan.
- Stacy: Oh, hi. Nice to meet you, Dan. [they shake hands as Mr. Conductor appears]
- Mr. Conductor: Hi, Dan. Hello, Stacy. [Stacy looks at him]
- Stacy: AAH! A little man! [hides behind the information desk]
- Dan: Aunt Stacy, come back! It's only Mr. Conductor! [Mr. Conductor disappears, then reappears on the information desk. Stacy reacts]
- Mr. Conductor: You don't have to be afraid of me. My name is Mr. Conductor, and I've known you since you were Dan's age. I knew your parents when they were Dan's age. I live here in the signal house on that mural.
Mr. Conductor's Movie [3.16]
- Stacy: Ladies and gentlemen, cast and friends, Shining Time Station is proud to present... Oh. Mr. Conductor, what's your title?
- Mr. Conductor: Producer/director.
- Stacy: No, no, no, no. I mean, the title of the movie.
- Mr. Conductor: Oh. A Little Light Madness.
- Stacy: ...Proud to present, A Little Light Madness, starring... starring everyone.
The Joke's on Schemer [3.17]
- Schemer: Oh, Miss Jones, you're such a smellerific sort of woman!
- Schemer: [to a passenger] I know what's going on here, and you know what's going on here. That means that I know that you know that I know that you know that I know what's going on here!
Dan's Big Race [3.20]
- [just as Schemer and Schemee celebrate the latter's victory in the race, something falls out of Schemee's pocket and clinks to the floor]
- Schemer: [stops] What was that?
- Stacy: I was wondering the same thing.
- Winslow: It's a lug wrench!
- Stacy: [picks up the wrench] It certainly is. And I bet that this lug wrench will fit Dan's bike.
- Schemee: Uh-oh. [to his uncle] You said to do anything to win.
- Schemer: Hey, when I said "anything", I did not mean "anything".
- Winslow: And that means you're disqualified, Schemee. And I get my nickels back.
- [Schemer hands Winslow back his nickels]
- Schemee: That's not fair!
- Stacy: Fair? Schemee, not only did you break Dan's bike, but you could've caused Dan to have a serious accident. Now, is that fair?
- Schemee: No.
- Stacy: Well, I think you owe someone an apology.
- Schemee: But I won the race.
- Schemer: Hey, hey, hey! "Won the race"? I lost a pile of nickels, and more importantly than that, I lost the pride of the Schemer name.
- Schemee: [frowns] I'm really sorry now.
- Schemer: You're gonna be a lot more sorry when I get you home, take away your bike, and straighten out this curl! [drags his nephew out of the station] Now, c'mon! C'mon! C'mon! C'mon! C'mon! C'mon! C'mon! C'mon! Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!
Once Upon a Time [Special 1]
- [Mr. Conductor writes in his diary]
- Mr. Conductor: Dear diary, there's only one way to begin this story. Once upon a time, because it was Founder's Day, the day we celebrate the history of Shining Time Station, I was up bright and early, trying to get things ready. I shampooed the pigeons, cleaned out the wishing well, and I just begun another job.
Second Chances [Special 2]
- [everybody has discovered that the baseball scoreboard had been desecrated from the spray paint]
- Felix: Vandalism! Can you imagine that? Right in our own backyard!
- Ginny: You know, I can't understand why anyone would deface public property.
- Stacy: What happened?
- Ginny: Somebody spray-painted all over the baseball scoreboard.
- Stacy: Are you sure?
- Felix: This is a new low for our valley.
- Ginny: Who would do such an awful thing?
- Kit: [walks in] Hey, Stacy. Have you seen Billy?
- Stacy: Oh, uh... Yes, Kit. He's waiting for you at the ball park.
- Kit: Thank you. [leaves the lobby]
One of the Family [Special 3]
- [Harry has come to Shining Time Station to pay a visit]
- Harry: Shining Time Station, just like I remembered it. Nothing's changed. Yep, they're just something about this place. [puts down his bag as he walks over to the counter] Kara? Stacy? Anybody?
- [left without an answer, he walks into the workshop, where he used to work]
- Harry: Looks like they could use a little straightening up around here.
- [he takes folders from the desk and puts them in the file cabinet, then walks to the lobby, where Stacy and Billy enter]
- Stacy: Harry! [runs towards and hugs Harry] Harry, let me look at you! You haven't changed a bit!
- Harry: I had no reason to!
- Stacy: Harry, I'd like you to meet Billy, Billy Twofeathers. He took your old job, Engineer First Class.
- Harry: Hello, Billy.
- Billy: Oh, I've heard a lot about you, Harry. You left some mighty big shoes to fill around this station.
- Harry: Thank you, Billy!
Queen for a Day [Special 4]
- Stacy: Good morning, Midge. Good morning, Ginny. So, how was your trip?
- Midge: You know what I always say, Stacy? Doodle Haven's a nice place to visit, but I don't wanna live there.
- Ginny: Where's Felix? I saw the bus outside. I got cows to milk.
- Felix: Be with you in a minute, ladies! [finishes posting a sign] "Prices! Prices! Prices! Big talent show at Shining Time Station for the benefit of the dog and cat hospital." [to Stacy, Ginny, and Midge] I hope you both have been rehearsing your act for the talent show.
- Schemer: Why bother? [enters] I mean, why bother rehearsing when, yours truly, is gonna win the talent contest anyway, huh? [slants forward and falls to the floor]
- Kit: Hey, Mickey, I'm going to the clubhouse. Are you coming or not?
- Mickey: The clubhouse? Oh, yes. Quite. I mean, sure thing. [to Kara and Becky] Excuse me, ladies.
- [as he leaves, Kara and Becky are left astonished]
- Kara: "Excuse me, ladies"?! He's so... polite.
- Becky: Should we ask him to be in our play? He'd be a perfect prince.
- Kara: I don't know. I wonder what a real prince would be like? [Mr. Conductor appears] Hi, Mr. Conductor.
- Mr. Conductor: Hello, Kara. Hi, Becky.
- Becky: Mr. Conductor, have you met a real prince?
- Mr. Conductor: Not exactly, at least not yet. But Thomas has lots of experience with crowned heads. He's even met the Queen.
- Kara and Becky: [in unison] No!
- Mr. Conductor: Yes! [blows his whistle]
- [after hearing the story about Percy and Toby]
- Becky: I like that story. Percy and Toby were special attractions just by naming themselves.
- Mr. Conductor: Well, everyone is special in their own special way.
- Becky: I guess Kit has to learn that he's a special attraction, too.
- Didi Conn - Stacy Jones
- Brian O'Connor - Horace Schemer
- Ringo Starr - Mr. Conductor (season 1)
- Leonard Jackson - Henry "Harry" Cupper (season 1)
- Jason Woliner - Matthew "Matt" Jones (seasons 1-2)
- Nicole Leach - Tanya Cupper (seasons 1-2)
- George Carlin - Mr. Conductor (seasons 2-3; specials)
- Erica Luttrell - Kara Cupper (seasons 2-3; specials)
- Ari Magder - Daniel "Dan" Jones (seasons 2-3; specials)
- Danielle Marcot - Becky (seasons 2-3; specials)
- Tom Jackson - Billy Twofeathers (seasons 2-3; specials)
- Jerome Dempsey - Mayor Osgood Bob Flopdinger
- Mart Hulswit - Mr. J.B. King, Esq.
- Bobo Lewis - Midge Smoot
- Jonathan Shapiro - Schemee (seasons 2-3; specials)
- Gerard Parkes - Barton Winslow (seasons 2-3)
- Barbara Hamilton - Ginny Johnson (seasons 2-3; specials)
- Aurelio Padrón - Felix Perez (seasons 2-3; specials)
The Jukebox Band
- Jonathan Freeman - Tito Swing
- Olga Marin - Didi
- Wayne White - Tex (1989)
- Alan Semok - Tex (1990-1995)
- Craig Marin - Rex
- Peter Baird/Alan Semok/Vaneese Thomas - Grace the Bass (1989)
- Peter Baird/Kenny Miele - Grace the Bass (1990-1995)