Shooter (2007 film)
Bob Lee Swagger
- Let's see what lies they're trying to sell us today.
- That's a slow draw you got there. You sure you want to do that?
- Slow is smooth, smooth is fast
- I don't think you understand. These boys killed my dog.
Attorney General Russert
- It's not the Wild West anymore, you can't just clean up the streets with a gun, even though sometimes, that's exactly what's needed.
- Colonel, your moral compass is so fucked up, I'll be shocked if you manage to find your way back to the parking lot.
- That won't be necessary, Colonel, as I have already received no less than a dozen calls from highly-ranked and powerfully-placed individuals telling me to let you go. But the joy of checks and balances in our government is that I can, and am, indeed, required by law, to tell them to fuck off.
Col. Isaac Johnson
- I guess Bob Lee didn't think he was expendable.
- Some people don't know what to do when their belief system collapses. Bob Lee is one of those.
- I don't carry a gun.
- Sometimes to catch a wolf, you need to tie the bait to a tree.
- There is no head to cut off. It's a conglomerate. If one of them betrays the principles of the accrual of money and power, the others betray him. What it is is human weakness. You can't kill that with a gun.
- Once you've been a wolf, it's hard to be staked down like a goat.
- Col. Johnson: You're a hard man to find.
- Bob Lee Swagger: Not hard enough.
- Col. Johnson: You know what that is?
- Bob Lee Swagger: Congressional Medal of Honor. Don't hand those out easy. Yours?
- Col. Johnson: Yeah.
- Col. Johnson: Your longest shots were never confirmed...
- Bob Lee Swagger: That's because long shots generally go places you wouldn't wanna have to go afterwords to have to confirm 'em. Confirmation's a desk pogue's problem. You know what it takes to make a shot at that range? Everything comes into play that far. Humidity elevation, temp, winds, spin-drift. There's a 6-10 second flight time so you have to shoot it where the targets going to be. Even the coriolis effect, the spin of the earth comes into play. The President will be wearing body armor, that means a head shot. You believe there's a shooter involved capable of making this shot?
- Col. Johnson: Yes.
- Bob Lee Swagger: Then you got a real problem. You need to find the shooter.
- Bob Lee Swagger: I'm sorry to bother you, ma'am.
- Sarah Fenn: I know who you are. You're Bob Lee Swagger. Donnie's old partner.
- Bob Lee Swagger: Look, I didn't shoot the President.
- Sarah Fenn: I know.
- Bob Lee Swagger: You do?
- Sarah Fenn: The President's not dead. The Ethiopian Archbishop is.
- Bob Lee Swagger: Why in the hell would somebody want to shoot him? Look, you're a nurse, right?
- Sarah Fenn: No. No, that was Donnie's dream. I couldn't stand the blood. I teach the third grade.
- Bob Lee Swagger: Please.
- Sarah Fenn: Look, you should go.
- Bob Lee Swagger: Please! Please? I didn't do whatever they said I did. I swear. I'm in some bad trouble and I need some help. I wouldn't have come all the way here to lie to you. You still figuring on shooting me? Only that shotgun's a little long to bring up fast. Look, if you're going to do it, just get it over with. I ain't got nowhere else to go.
- Sarah Fenn: Pull the truck in the garage. The neighbors'll be up in a minute. You'd best call me Sarah.
- Bob Lee Swagger: All right.