Shripad Yasso Naik
Shripad Yasso Naik (born 4 October 1959) is an Indian politician belonging to the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). In May 2014, he was appointed as the Minister for Culture and Tourism (Independent Charge). On 12 November 2014, he was appointed the Minister for Yoga and Traditional Medicine.
- Pub culture does not suit our country and hence we should try to control it. We should not sell our tourism on pub culture.
- On pub culture in Goa, as quoted in "Pub culture needs to be controlled: Tourism minister", Live Mint (13 July 2014)
- AYUSH can definitely help as ayurveda has special medicinal syrups in this regard. Already 5,000-6,000 people have received the medicine at Rajasthan. The National Institute of Ayurveda at Rajasthan has already sent batches of that medicine to different states and we have also requested them to send the same to other states.
- On the role of Ayurveda during the 2015 Indian swine flu outbreak, as quoted in "Swine flu: Government sending ayurvedic medicines to states, says Shripad Naik", The Economic Times (20 February 2015)
- Some ayurveda practitioners have told me that doctors prescribing allopathy medicines often advise patients not to opt for ayurveda. Such doctors are anti-nationals.
- On doctors who ask patients to avoid Ayurveda, as quoted in "Doctors prescribing non-ayurvedic medicines are anti-national", The Times of India (30 April 2016)