Singles (1992 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Written and directed by Cameron Crowe
Love is a game. Easy to start. Hard to finish.
- People need people, Steve. It has nothing to do with sex. OK, maybe 40 percent. 60 percent. Forget it.
- I've always been able to do this, break up with someone and never look back. Being alone: there's a certain dignity to it.
- You're Dr. Jamison, man. Many, many babes are into that.
- Somewhere around 25, bizarre becomes immature.
- I think that, a) you have an act, and that, b) not having an act is your act.
- I broke up with someone recently: Jennifer, my last girlfriend. I did it in a crowded restaurant. She just stared at me with that look: How can you pass me up? I told her we weren't right and all the stuff we both knew. A week later I realized I was wrong, tried to get back together with her. She won't see me. Now she's with Tony. Tony knows my friend Bailey, who's friends with the girl Tony's going out with on the side, Rita. Rita who I broke up with to go out with Jennifer. So now do I tell Jennifer that I know Tony's going out with Rita or do I tell Rita that I know about Tony and Jennifer? Tony will tell Jennifer that I was still going out with Rita while I was going out with her. How does stuff get so complicated? I don't know.
- Linda, uh, it's me. I had to call you. It's about midnight. I was just having many beers. And, uh, I just wanted to say what I should have said at the dock. I fucking chickened out when I acted casual, like Mr. Casual. I should have said it. You... belong... with... me! We belong together. And what really pisses me off is that, now that we're really talking, you thought I proposed to you only because you were pregnant. What's that about?! I mean... hey, this is not the bathroom! And you know maybe if I had said some of these things at the dock it would have made a difference because... but I think we made a big mistake because...we had good times and we had bad times, but we had times. And I would like to start over. I would like to be new to you. I want to be new to you. I want to be Mr. New. So call me back if you want to. But this is the last time I'll call. And, if you really needed to know how I feel, how I really feel, that's how I feel. I love you. And that's something you should know, so I won't bother you again. So, good night. And good bye. And call me back. Good bye.
- Cliff Poncier: Look, Janet you know I see other people still. You do know that don't you?
- Janet Livermore: You don't fool me.
- Cliff Poncier: Janet, I could not be fooling you less.
- Janet Livermore: Are my breasts too small for you?
- Cliff Poncier: Sometimes.
- David Bailey: Tonight I'll be the super me.
- Steve Dunne: What if the super you meets the super her and the super her rejects the super you?
- David Bailey: Then it's no problem.
- Steve Dunne: Uh-huh. Why?
- David Bailey: Because it was never you, it was just an act. I live my life like a French movie, Steve.
- Club Interviewer: Talking here with Cliff Poncier. Cliff, any comments on the "Seattle Sound" and Citizen Dick's place in it?
- Cliff Poncier: Well, I don't like to reduce us to just being part of the "Seattle Sound." I'd like to think of us as expanding more. Like, we're huge in Europe right now. I mean, we've got records... uh, a big record just broke in Belgium.
- Club Interviewer: Now, a song like "Touch Me, I'm Dick" is about... what?
- Cliff Poncier: Well, I think "Touch Me, I'm Dick," in essence, speaks for itself, you know. I think that, you know, that's basically what the song is, um... about... is about, you know... I-I think a lot of people might think it's actually about, you know,"My name is Dick, and, you know, you can touch me," but, I think, you know, it can be seen either way.
- Linda Powell: I was just nowhere near your neighborhood. Look, I don't need to your girlfriend or anything... I just wanna know you again
- Steve Dunne: What took you so long?
- Linda Powell: I was stuck in traffic.
- Bridget Fonda - Janet Livermore
- Kyra Sedgwick - Linda Powell
- Campbell Scott - Steve Dunne
- Sheila Kelley - Debbie Hunt
- Jim True-Frost - David Bailey
- Matt Dillon - Cliff Poncier
- Bill Pullman - Dr. Jeffrey Jamison
- James LeGros - Andy
- Ally Walker - Pam
- Tom Skerritt - Mayor Weber
- Jeremy Piven - Doug Hughley
- Eric Stoltz - The Mime
- Tim Burton - Brian