Sleeper (1973 film)
- I haven't seen my analyst in 200 years. He was a strict Freudian. If I'd been going all this time, I'd probably almost be cured by now.
- I'm what you would call a teleological, existential atheist. I believe that there's an intelligence to the universe, with the exception of certain parts of New Jersey.
- My brain? It's my second favorite organ!
- Oh, he was probably a member of the National Rifle Association. It was a group that helped criminals get guns so they could shoot citizens. It was a public service.
- I'm not really the heroic type. I was beat up by Quakers.
- Dr. Melik: This morning for breakfast he requested something called "wheat germ, organic honey and tiger's milk."
- Dr. Aragon: [chuckling] Oh, yes. Those are the charmed substances that some years ago were thought to contain life-preserving properties.
- Dr. Melik: You mean there was no deep fat? No steak or cream pies or... hot fudge?
- Dr. Aragon: Those were thought to be unhealthy... precisely the opposite of what we now know to be true.
- Dr. Melik: Incredible.
- [a 22nd century historian shows Miles a videotape of Howard Cosell]
- Historian: We weren't sure at first what to make of this, but we developed a theory: we feel that when people committed great crimes against the state, they were forced to watch this.
- Miles Monroe: Yes. That's exactly what it was.
- Luna Schlosser: I'm great physically. I got a Ph.D. in oral sex.
- Miles Monroe: Yeah, they make you take any Spanish with that?
- Miles Monroe: Perform sex? Uh, uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you, if you like.
- Luna Schlosser: Okay. I just thought you might want to; they have a machine here.
- Miles Monroe: Machine? I'm not getting into that thing. I, I'm strictly a hand operator; you know, I, I... I don't like anything with moving parts that are not my own.
- Luna Schlosser: It's hard to believe that you haven't had sex for 200 years.
- Miles Monroe: 204, if you count my marriage.
- Luna Schlosser: Oh, I see. You don't believe in science, and you also don't believe that political systems work, and you don't believe in God, huh?
- Miles Monroe: Right.
- Luna Schlosser: So then, what do you believe in?
- Miles Monroe: Sex and death - two things that come once in a lifetime... but at least after death, you're not nauseous.
- Woody Allen - Miles Monroe
- Diane Keaton - Luna Schlosser
- John Beck - Erno Windt
- Marya Small - Dr. Nero
- Susan Miller - Ellen Pogrebin
- Mary Gregory - Dr. Melik
- Don Keefer - Dr. Tyron
- Peter Hobbs - Dr. Dean
- John McLiam - Dr. Aragon
- Bartlett Robinson - Dr. Orva
- Chris Forbes - Rainer Krebs
- Brian Avery - Herald Cohen
- Jackie Mason (uncredited voice) - Robot tailors
- Douglas Rain (uncredited voice) - Evil computer / Robot butlers
- A love story about two people who hate each other. 200 years in the future.
- Woody Allen takes a nostalgic look at the future.