Slither (2006 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Written and directed by James Gunn.
What's Gotten Into You?taglines
- I will never understand what joy a grown man gets using a $1,000 weapon to blow the face off a cute little deer.
- Grant looks like a squid, don't know where he's gonna hide... Seaworld maybe.
- I reckon Grant ain't got one of them puppy calendars on his desk. He just don't strike me as a real dog lover, is all.
- My easygoing nature is getting sorely fucking tested.
- Well, now that is some fucked up shit.
Mayor Jack McReady
- Get the fuck out of the way, cocksucker!
- Ladies and gentlemen, right after God invented this world of ours, he came unto Adam and he said that man should have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the Earth. Now, I believe when God said that, he was thinking of deer season in Wheelsy and how much damn fun it is to shoot a buck or two!
- Praise Jesus? That's fucking pushing it. This shit's about as far from God as shit can get. Either of you ever seen anything like that? You ever heard of anything like that? Huh? Me neither. And I watch Animal Planet all the fucking time!
- If I weren't about to shit my pants, I'd be fucking fascinated.
- Come on, baby, don't... Don't look at me like that.
- I'm sorry for trying to strangle you and all. I lost my head. I didn't mean to do none of them things I done. Not kill them pets. Not make Brenda a womb. But it's my nature, ain't it? How can you blame someone for acting according to his own nature? I wanted to tell you what was going on, but I was afraid you wouldn't love me no more. I never knew love, Starla...
- Hey there, killer!
- It's all over, Starla. And I'll keep growing till I'm everywhere. Till I'm all that is! Then you'll know what it feels like to be betrayed. Won't you, sugarplum?
- I've been around a billion years. You think you can fuck with me?
- Starla Grant: When Darwin said "fittest," he didn't necessarily mean the strongest, or the most intelligent, or any one trait. He merely meant those organisms most well-suited to their environments. Now, we humans, we think we're more fit, more evolved, because we're smarter. But we're neophytes. We've only been on this Earth two million years, give or take. The cockroach, that fellow's been around 350 million years. So, based on that, which of us is the more successful species?
- Brenda: [as the alien slugs tear her apart on the inside] Those little fuckers are tearing me apart!
- Tourneur: He looks likes something that fell off my dick during the war.
- Kylie Strutemyer: His real face looks like a needle. But he's always got another. He goes from place to place, worids, planets, killing them. Some he gets pregnant, others he just takes over with his worms. And the rest he eats till they're gone. Now he's here.
- Wally Whale: Surprised you're able to lift a mug, you've been carrying that torch for so long.
- Bill Pardy: Oh, that reminds me of something I want to tell you.
- Wally Whale: What's that?
- Bill Pardy: Fuck you, fat ass.
- Brenda Gutierezz: I thought maybe you was dead after the other night.
- Grant Grant: I am dead. Don't I look it?
- Jack McReady: Town Council lit a Roman candle, stuck it up my ass!
- Bill Pardy: Jack, your leisure activities ain't my business.
- Jack McReady: Well, it's obvious the bastard's got Lyme disease.
- Bill Pardy: What?
- Jack McReady: Lyme disease. You touch some deer feces and then you eat a sandwich without washing your hands, you got your Lyme disease.
- Bill Pardy: And that makes you look like a squid?
- Jack McReady: Well, fuck you all for laughing.
- Bill Pardy: Two nights ago, a mare was stolen from this property owned by Fitzgibbon. That rancher with the cleft palate?
- Wally Whale: Yeah. I know that guy. He looks like a chipmunk.
- Bill Pardy: Your mama weren't too proud when you came out neither, Wally.
- Bill Pardy: Hey, Starla. You remember that time we were kids and you came knocking on my window in the middle of the night? So Starla here, 12. I guess I was 14. I said, "Starla, what the hell are you doing out there?" She says that she's gonna run away to Hollywood and be a big star. And she knew I was in the ROTC, so she says she needs a bodyguard and invites me to come along. And I said, "Starla, if there's anyone who can take care of herself, "I think it's you. I'm gonna have to decline."
- Wally Whale: How far did you get?
- Starla Grant: About the bus stop. Because Ranger Rick here called my dad.
- Wally Whale: Damn. A cop from the get-go. You son of a bitch!
- Starla Grant: You fucked up our fame and fortune there, Bill Pardy.
- Bill Pardy: Yeah. Yeah, I guess maybe I did.
- Starla Grant: [to a transformed Grant] You're just sick. We're just here to take you to get some help. Right now. And I'm gonna stay by you. Just like I swore I would. For better or worse.
- Bill Pardy: Much fuckin' worse...
- Jack McCready: Where is the Mr. Pibb? I told your secretary to pack Mr. Pibb. It's the only Coke I like. Goddamn Brenda exploding like a water balloon and worms driving my friends around like they're goddamn skin-cars. People are spitting acid at me, turning you into cottage cheese, and now there's no fucking goddamn Mr. Pibb!
- Bill Pardy: Jesus Christ, Jack. Let me get right on it.
- Jack McCready: He's a goddamn Martian?
- Bill Pardy: Martians is from Mars, Jack.
- Jack McCready: Or it's a general term meaning "outer space fucker."
- Bill Pardy: No, it isn't.
- Jack McCready: Look it up, cocksucker.
- Kylie Strutemyer: What are we gonna do now?
- Bill Pardy: Probably turn into a couple of these fucked-up things.
- Kylie Strutemyer: That's kind of negative.
- Bill Pardy: Well, it's been that sort of day.
- Starla Grant: Bet you regret not running off with me to Hollywood now, hey, Bill?
- Bill Pardy: Oh, hell, Starla, I always regretted that.
- What's Gotten Into You?
- Horror Has a New Face
- Slug it out.
- Feed the fear.
- Nathan Fillion - William "Bill" Pardy
- Elizabeth Banks - Starla Grant
- Gregg Henry - Mayor Jackson "Jack" MacReady
- Michael Rooker - Grantham "Grant" Grant
- Tania Saulnier - Kylie Strutemyer