(Redirected from Slow)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- This entry relates to the physical concept of speed; for the film, see Speed (1994 film)
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- But the speed was power, and the speed was joy, and the speed was pure beauty.
- Be wise with speed;
A fool at forty is a fool indeed.
- Edward Young, Love of Fame, satire ii, line 282.
- Ares (The God of War) hates those who hesitate.
- Heraclidæ (c 428 BC) line 722.
- Euripides Alternate translation : Ares hates the sluggard most of all. (translated by David Kovacs)
- It would be relevant … to point out the sinister part played by speed, by belief in speed as a value, by, in a word, a kind of impatience that has had a profound effect in changing even the very rhythms of the life of the spirit for the worse.
- Gabriel Marcel, Man Against Mass Society (1952), p. 144
- Ease and speed in doing a thing do not give the work lasting solidity or exactness of beauty.
- Plutarch, Life of Pericles.
- Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.
- Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear
- Speed is the essence of war. Take advantage of the enemy's unpreparedness; travel by unexpected routes and strike him where he has taken no precautions.
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War