Speed (1994 film)
Speed is a 1994 action-thriller film that focuses on police officer Jack Traven who must race against speed to foil the crazed plan of an insane bomber/extortionist, who sets up a bomb on a city bus which Traven boards, which must keep moving above 50 miles per hour (80 km/h) or the bomb will explode.
- Shoot the hostage
- [To bus driver] L.A.P.D.!! There's a BOMB on your BUS!!
- "This bus... Is going way too fast."
- "Will the mystery guest please sign in."
- "Mac, we're boned."
- "He's been playing us, since minute one."
- "Yeah, well it mustn't have been too good, because I woke up alone."
- "You're right. It's going to turn over."
- "Are you insured?"
- "Harry, there's enough C4 on this thing to put a hole in the world."
- "Fuck me!"
- "It was the watch that lead him to me, wasn't it?"
- "We got all the balls in the world right here man."
- "Way to go, Jack."
- "... because I'm smarter than you."
- "No, poor people are crazy Jack. I'm eccentric."
- "I don't suppose anybody'll give me three million just for you."
- " Don't fuck with Daddy."
- "Do you think if you pick up all the bus driver's teeth, they'll give you another medal? I've got your attention now, Jack, don't I?"
- "Do not attempt to grow a brain."
- Pop quiz, hotshot
- What do you do Jack? Huh, what do you do?
- "I got gum on my seat! GUM!"
- "You're a good, kind man. They're gonna write songs about you."
- "Oh, my God, he *is* insane."
- "Get your ass behind the yellow line."
- "Thanks for the tip, Ortiz"
- "Miss, can you handle this bus?" > "Sure, it's like driving a really big pinto!"
- " You're fired. Everybody's F#@*ing fired."
- "He'd want to be here, but he'd want to stay mobile."
- "Yeah, well, Mac outweighs your gut, so we sit."
- "That's our scumbag!"
- "Yeah, well, Mac outranks your gut, so we sit."
- Oh shit! Oh shit!
- "Nice move, man!"
- "Yeah, you get on the bus."
- F@%$! Man, you scratch this puppy, and you and me are gonna have words! Do you understand?
- "Well, I guess they fell behind."
- (struggling) There's an access panel...in the floor, beneath you.
- (to jack) Get off the door, man! This ain't no bus stop!
- (to annie) this ain't no bus stop!
- "How do you feel?"... "Like I been shot."
- "What do you mean?", female passenger, in tiny high toned voice.
- "Yeah, well the last time I partied like that, I woke up married, huh, Vinnie?" Bus driver to Jack.
- [Payne is holding Harry hostage in the parking garage at gunpoint with explosives strapped to his chest.]
- Payne: End of the line. This day has been real dissappointing, I don't mind saying.
- Jack: Why, 'cause you didn't get to kill everyone?
- Payne: There will come a time, boy, when you'll wish you'd never met me.
- Jack: Mister, I'm already there.
- Jack: [disgusted at seeing a cheap gold watch strapped to the bomb on the bus or, seeing enough C-4 to, "blow a hole in the world"]: FUCK ME!!
- Stephens, a tourist: [politely] Oh darn.
- [Jack stops a Jaguar.]
- Jack: Stop! L.A.P.D, Get out of the car!
- Jaguar owner: Jesus, not again! Hey, Man. This is my car. I own this car. It's not stolen.
- Jack: [draws his pistol] It is now! Move over.
- Jack: [to the Jaguar owner] Are you insured?
- Jaguar owner: Yeah! Why?
- [Jack opens his door and slows down, so the bus breaks the door.]
- Jaguar owner: [unbeliving] Ah! You broke my door!
- Jack: Sir, I need to take your phone.
- Jaguar owner: Take the phone!
- Norwood: [to Mac] Sir, we have a serious problem.
- Mac: What?
- Norwood: This freeway isn't finished.
- Mac: What are you talking about?
- Norwood: The aerial unit caught it. About three miles away there's a section missing.
- Mac: But it's on the map. It's finished on the goddamn map!
- Norwood: I guess they fell behind.
- Mac: Fuck! You're fired! Everybody's fucking fired!
- [Jack is at the airport.]
- Norwood: [shows Mac a map] He's headed the end of the field. That must be Bravo Tango, an emergency runway.
- Mac: Yeah, let's hope it's built! Let's move.
- Stephens: We're at the airport.
- Ortiz: Yeah, so?
- Stephens: I already seen the airport.
- Helen: Oh my God! We might've died. I can't think!
- Stephens: It's OK. If you need to, you go right ahead and vomit.
- [Jack says he is going to get off the bus for a minute.]
- Stephens: Are you just gonna leave us here?
- Ortiz: I would.
- [Jack calls Harry in whose office while he is trying to get on the bus and tells him the bomber's back. Mac enters Harry's office.]
- Mac: We got a random demand from your dead terrorist. He's rigged the city bus. Where's Jack?
- Harry: [puts down the phone] Where do you think?
- Keanu Reeves as Officer Jack Traven
- Dennis Hopper as Howard Payne
- Sandra Bullock as Annie Porter
- Joe Morton as Capt. McMahon
- Jeff Daniels as Det. Harold 'Harry' Temple
- Alan Ruck as Stephens
- Glenn Plummer as Jaguar Owner
- Richard Lineback as Norwood
- Beth Grant as Helen
- Hawthorne James as Sam
- Carlos Carrasco as Ortiz
- David Kriegel as Terry