Slumdog Millionaire is a 2008 British drama film about a Mumbai teen who grew up in the slums, who becomes a contestant on the Indian version of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" He is arrested under suspicion of cheating, and while being interrogated, events from his life history are shown which explain why he knows the answers.
- Directed by Danny Boyle, co-directed by Loveleen Tandan. Written by Simon Beaufoy, based on the novel Q and A by Indian author and diplomat Vikas Swarup.
- [to Latika] I will wait for you, 5 pm everyday at the train station.
- I wake up every morning wishing I didn't know the answer to that question. If it wasn't for Rama and Allah, I'd still have a mother.
- Police Inspector: Money and women: the reasons for make most mistakes in life. Looks like you've mixed up both.
- Prem Kumar: A few hours ago, you were giving chai for the phone walahs. And now you're richer than they will ever be. What a player!
- Jamal: [wakes up and sees the Taj Mahal.] Is this heaven?
- Salim: You're not dead Jamal.
- Jamal: What is it? Some hotel?
- Prem Kumar: It's getting hot in here.
- Jamal: Are you nervous?
- Prem Kumar: What? Am I nervous ? It's you who's in the hot seat, my friend!
- Jamal: Yes, sorry.
- Salim: Left a message for you at work.
- Jamal: There was no message.
- Salim: I definitely left a mess...
- Jamal: There was no message! There was no message! There was no message! I will never forgive you!
- Salim: I know.
- Latika: You want to do something for me?
- Jamal: Anything.
- Latika: Then forget me!
- Jamal: I love you.
- Latika: So what? It's too late Jamal.
- Prem Kumar: Final question for twenty million rupees, and he's smiling. I guess you know the answer.
- Jamal: Do you believe it, I don't!
- Prem Kumar: You don't? So you take the ten million and walk?
- Jamal: No. I'll play.
- Prem Kumar: Get a lot of $100 bills in your line of work?
- Jamal: The minimum tip for my services.
- Prem Kumar: Oh. Now I know why my cell phone bills are so high.
- Jamal: I knew you'd be watching.
- Latika: I thought we'd meet again only in death.
- Jamal: This is our destiny.
- Latika: Kiss me.
- Jamal: Run away with me.
- Latika: And live on what?
- Jamal: Love...
- Dev Patel - Jamal K. Malik
- Freida Pinto - Latika
- Madhur Mittal - Salim
- Anil Kapoor - Prem Kumar
- Saurabh Shukla - Sergeant Srinivas
- Ankur Vikal - Maman
- Rajendranath Zutshi - Director
- Tanay Chheda - Middle Jamal
- Ashutosh Lobo Gajiwala - Middle Salim
- Tanvi Ganesh Lonkar - Middle Latika
- Ayush Mahesh Khedekar - Youngest Jamal
- Azharuddin Mohammed Ismail - Youngest Salim
- Rubiana Ali - Youngest Latika