Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (also known in Europe and Australia as Sly Raccoon) is a platforming video game created by Sucker Punch Productions, and released on the Sony PlayStation 2 in 2002, subsequently republished as a "Greatest Hits" title. The game focuses master thief Sly Cooper and his gang, Bentley the Turtle and Murray the Hippo, as they seek out the Fiendish Five to recover his family's "Thievius Raccoonus," a book with the accumulation of all of Sly ancestors' thieving skills.
- Sly: Now see, a girl whose best friend's a gun has issues. You need a break; some dinner, a little dancing, I could help with that.
- Carmelita: Sounds romantic, as long as you don't mind dining... in jail.
- Sly: Nah. I hear the service is lousy.
- Carmelita: Once I catch you, you'll know for yourself.
- Clockwerk: Sly Cooper. You have escaped my gas chamber and destroyed my Deathray... remarkable. You Coopers always find a way to defeat me.
- Sly: "Always"? So that was you in the background of all those pictures in the Thievius Raccoonus. How old are you?"
- Clockwerk: Perfection has no age.
- Sly: So what, you're immortal?
- Clockwerk: Revenge is the prime ingredient in the Fountain of Youth. I have kept myself alive for hundreds of years on a steady diet of jealousy and hate.
- Bentley: Sly, see that machine wheel? If my knowledge of mechanical engineering serves me right, applying significant rotational torque to achieve maximum velocity will yield a positive result!
- Sly: Y'mean something good might happen if I can get the wheel to spin fast enough?
- Bentley: Isn't that what I just said?