(Redirected from Soekarno)
Kusno Sosrodihardjo (June 6, 1901 – June 21, 1970), known as Sukarno (also spelled Soekarno), was an Indonesian nationalist and orator who later became the founding President (1945–1967) of the Republic of Indonesia.
- Reach your ambition as high as the skies! Dream it as high as the skies! Because if you're fell, you're gonna fall among of the stars!!
- Independence can only be obtained and secured by a nation that has its spirit raging with determination: "independence or death"!
- In my political outlook, I'm nationalist! In my social outlook, I'm socialist! In my religious outlook, I'm completely theist! That I am! I'm not a communist, not at all satellite of any other "-ism" in the world! I'm just pro-Indonesia! I'll fight and work and sacrifice myself for this Indonesian people, this Indonesian fatherland of mine!!
- It was nationalism that Indonesia was established! Not the Javanese nationality, not the Sumatran nationality, not the Bornean nationality, Sulawesi, Bali or other, but the Indonesian nationality, that together became the foundation of one nationale staat (nation-state).
- If, for example, one day Ki Bagoes Hadikoesoemo became the Indonesian Head of State, and dies, won't his child be (his replacement)? Then because of that I do not adhere to the principle of monarchism.
- Speech to the Investigation Agency for Preparation of Indonesian Independence, June 1, 1945.
- This country, the Republic of Indonesia, does not belong to any group, nor to any religion, nor to any ethnic group, nor to any group with customs and traditions, but the property of all of us from Sabang to Merauke!
- They, OLDEFO (Old Established Forces), do l'exploitation de l'homme par 'homme (the exploitation of man by man)!! Don't let them live!! So that there's no colonialism anymore in the world!!
- Speech in front of Indonesian people at Indonesian Independence Day August 17, 1965. OLDEFO stands for Old Established Order, it's a term from him who refers to West Block in Cold War (1945-1992). Sometimes, he called them as Nekolim (Neo-Imperialisme dan Kolonialisme ==> Neo-Imperialism and Colonialism), such as USA, UK, NATO, and so on. The opposite of OLDEFO is NEFO.
- Conquer the thousands of man may not be called a winner, but be able to conquer yourself is called a brilliant conqueror!
- Learning without thinking is useless, but thinking without learning is very dangerous!
- Do good to another man, even tho they don't do good to you, you certainly will also get goodness from another man! if a shame and fear is still there in on one's heart to do goodness, then the guarantee to him is there's no one progress at all!
- A thousand of old man are just able to dream, but a young man is able to change the world!
- From a book of his own work when he was imprisoned by Dutch-East Indies Government, "Indonesia Menggugat!" (Indonesians Accuse!)
- We liberate our nation's heart inside of Indonesian independence!! Ibn Saud liberated Arabian's heart inside of Saudi Arabian independence one by one!! Stalin liberated Soviet-Russian's heart inside of Soviet one by one!!
- Rose never propagandize its fragrant, but its own fragrance spreads surrounding.
- Don't ever forget the history!It will make and change who we are!