Jump to navigation Jump to search
Quotes for further sourcing
- I am placing these here because they have been removed from the article, though they seem to have very specific citations ; sources of translations might need to be found. ~ ♞☤☮♌Kalki·†·⚓⊙☳☶⚡ 22:15, 2 September 2014 (UTC)
- Reach your ambition as high as the skies. Dream it as high as the skies. Because if you fall, you're going to fall among the stars.
- Independence can only be obtained and secured by a nation that has its spirit raging with determination: "independence or death"!
- In my political outlook, I'm nationalist. In my social outlook, I'm socialist. In my religious outlook, I'm completely theist. That I am! I'm not a communist, not at all satellite of any other "-ism" in the world. I'm just pro-Indonesia. I'll fight and work and sacrifice myself for this Indonesian people, this Indonesian fatherland of mine.
- It was [the concept of] nationalism that Indonesia was established on. Not the Javanese, not the Sumatran, not the Bornean, Sulawesi, Bali or others, but the Indonesian, that together became the foundation of one nationale staat (nation-state).
- If, for example, one day Ki Bagoes Hadikoesoemo becomes the Indonesian Head of State, and dies, don't let his child be his replacement, because I do not adhere to the principle of monarchism.
- Speech to the Investigation Agency for Preparation of Indonesian Independence, June 1, 1945.
- This country, the Republic of Indonesia, does not belong to any group, nor to any religion, nor to any ethnic group, nor to any group with customs and traditions, but the property of all of us from Sabang to Merauke.
- They, OLDEFO (Old Established Forces), carry out l'exploitation de l'homme par 'homme (the exploitation of man by man). Do not let them live, so that there's no colonialism anymore in the world.
- Speech in front of Indonesian people at Indonesian Independence Day August 17, 1965. OLDEFO stands for Old Established Order, it's a term from him who refers to West Block in Cold War (1945-1992). Sometimes, he called them as Nekolim (Neo-Imperialisme dan Kolonialisme ==> Neo-Imperialism and Colonialism), such as USA, UK, NATO, and so on. The opposite of OLDEFO is NEFO.
- Learning without thinking is useless, but thinking without learning is very dangerous.
- Do good to another man, even when they do not do you good; another will certainly do you good. if there is still shame and fear in one's heart to do good, there will certainly be no progress at all.
- A thousand old men can only dream, but a young man is able to change the world.
- From a book of his own work when he was imprisoned by Dutch-East Indies Government, "Indonesia Menggugat!" (Indonesians Accuse!)
- We liberate our nation's heart inside of Indonesian independence!! Ibn Saud liberated Arabian's heart inside of Saudi Arabian independence one by one!! Stalin liberated Soviet-Russian's heart inside of Soviet one by one!!
- Rose never propagandize its fragrant, but its own fragrance spreads through its surrounding.
- Don't ever forget the history. It will make and change who we are.
- I am not solely nationalist. I am not solely religious. I am not solely socialist. I am a distillation of these three concepts. In my political outlook, I am nationalist. In my religious outlook, I am completely theist. I say, believing in God. In my social outlook, I am socialist. That I am. I am not a communist. I am not at all satellite of any other "ism" in the world. I am solely pro-Indonesia. I will work and fight and sacrifice myself for this Indonesian people, this Indonesian fatherland of mine.
- Words in bold letters are a short description of his political ideology, Marhaenism.
- Go to hell with your aid!
- Never forget your history.
- In Indonesian, abbreviated to JASMERAH.
- Stand on your own feet.
- In Indonesian, abbreviated to BERDIKARI.