|135,888+||This user has made over 135,888 contributions to Wikiquote.|
You have recently reverted my edits to Karl Marx. I shortened the Carl Schurz quote on Karl Marx as I have other quotes. The page is not well maintained. Please consider contributing. I don't appreciate being accused of censorship. Please, follow WQ:FAITH. --Ashawley (talk) 01:24, 31 December 2020 (UTC)
And you've done it again with this edit comment:
- I have not yet checked the "shortening" you have done on other entries — but the "shortening" you have done on this quote is DEFINITELY censorship — and quite apparently biased censorship — whatever you choose to call it.
Please refrain from accusations. I'm shortening the quote for length not content. That he held contempt for his enemies is well known. Preserving the criticisms of Schurz seems sufficient for an obscure quote that is only listed in Google search results 8 times --Ashawley (talk) 01:43, 31 December 2020 (UTC)
Hi Kalki I happened to see that a sock of yours created Clandestine Insurgent Rebel Clown Army. As you are probably aware the topic of socks is being discussed at Wikiquote:Administrators'_noticeboard#User:Babe_kebab for quite some time now. I wonder why you have not participated in that discusion, since you don't seem to be shy about posting publicly about controversial issues? Thanks in advance, Ottawahitech (talk) 18:07, 29 January 2021 (UTC)
- @Ottawahitech: Me too, I'd like to see the comments from Kalki and other admins about the lock and possible hounding of one of the most constructive editors of wikiquote. DanielTom has said that the only way he could get unlocked would be with help of others, and if admins who have seen that this is a very constructive editor who may have been unfairly locked, and a proposal or request could be made with support by admins, then it is more likely he will get unlocked. Because I have been busy I have not commented much but I will try to add some observations on this in the coming days or weeks.
- This is DanielToms comments:
- From what I have seen, and experienced first-hand years ago, stewards globally lock accounts with little or no critical thinking, simply following requests (sometimes raised by overzealous admins or other users with personal vendettas). Global locks are very difficult to appeal, at least without the help of other users. The users that are globally locked are not so much as notified, thus they cannot defend themselves prior to the global lock. Needless to say, this is a great injustice. ~ DanielTom (talk) 21:13, 26 December 2020 (UTC)
Why do you feel I am a "malicious troll" (swastikas)?
During dicussion at the Village pump: Why are there so many pages with images containing a swastika on WQ?
you said this to me On 18:42, 6 March 2021:
I have long suspected you to be, and increasingly perceive evidence of you very likely being very little more than a malicious troll around here, despite various forms of camouflage and acceptable edits.
I must say I was surprised when no one reacted to this egregious personal attack against me, and I started wondering if the comments that have been made about me, by people who do not normally participate in discussion at WQ but who have also accused me of being a troll, have merit? I am particularly interested to know if the other admins at WQ also feel that I am simply a malicious troll and that this is my sole motivation for my edits at WQ. Ottawahitech (talk) 16:21, 8 March 2021 (UTC)
u chose war, war it shall be/enjoy as much as i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
u call me vandal (but you are the real vandal with super vandal antandrus who is also pretending to be somebody's mother and spoofing emails in her name) when i try to bring proper quote for wislawa, now im fighitng back on other site where u have no power, one good turn deserves another, stop it, or all your work will be gone: commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests/File:Montaigne_-_c.1590_portrait.png —This unsigned comment is by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) 19:15, 13 March 2021 (UTC).
- To anyone interested — this asinine threat is an act of a long term abuser who has been vandalizing and trolling WMF sites since 2005, and seems to have returned to greater activity here lately. So it goes... ~ 19:46, 13 March 2021 (UTC)
- Further info on this user, for those puzzled by his incoherent ravings:
- Long term abuser "Projects" is a "Globally banned user: Foundation Global Ban- do not reinstate. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org."
- He is banned by the Wikimedia Foundation and may not edit any Wikimedia project. All accounts/IPs should be globally locked/blocked on sight.
- Responding to this editor or even just blocking him may open you up to long-term harassment and direct threats. If you feel unsafe, you may contact the Chicago police for help.
- I know that I myself have witnessed but a very small portion of the copious amounts of harassment, trolling, direct or indirect vandal-spam to external sites, and contemptible threats which he has directed at MANY individuals on various sites over many years, and can assert I truly find him to be a pitiably and pathetically deluded human being. ~ 12:46, 14 March 2021 (UTC) + tweak
- For many years he has regularly posted "diffs" to various postings of his ravings on Wikimedia wikis, and often now also posts links to various external sites where he has posted rants and ravings about "THE ETERNAL TRUTH ON WIKI-PEDO-IA, WIKISCUM, WIKIHYPOCRITES, WIKILOWLIFES, WIKINOBODIES, ETC!!!" So it goes... ~ 13:13, 14 March 2021 (UTC)
Blocking FunhausFrank's tr011 and Geraldo Perez 2.0.5
Hi, can you take action against the users FunhausFrank's tr011 and Geraldo Perez 2.0.5. They have been reportedly engaging in vandalistic behaviour towards my talk page and Korean Air Lines Flight 007. I tried to revert FunhausFrank's tr011's vandalistic edits, but he has not stopping and reverting my edits. Geraldo Perez 2.0.5, who is falsely masquerading as a Wikiquote administartor, is adding message to my talk page saying that I have been blocked with racist messages added on the reasons for being blocked, which is clearly an evidence of rogue user engaging in behaviour of vandalism. From their behaviour, these three users seems to be spam users or bots.
- These accounts have now been permanently blocked. ~ 23:53, 1 September 2021 (UTC)
quote of the day Baruch Spinoza
Just to let you know: I try to find the time to look up the WQ quote of the day. When I did this today I discovered I could not look at the souce of the quote.
- The current link in the Spinoza article to Tractatus Politicus as translated by A. H. Gosset (1883) does appear to be dead at this point; I don’t presently have time to seek another one, as I must be leaving soon — but will seek one after I return. ~ 22:20, 24 November 2021 (UTC)
From Wikipedia: “The Art of War (Chinese: 孫子兵法) is an ancient Chinese military treatise dating from the Late Spring and Autumn Period (roughly 5th century BC). The work, which is attributed to the ancient Chinese military strategist Sun Tzu ("Master Sun", also spelled Sunzi), is composed of 13 chapters. Each one is devoted to a different set of skills (or "art") related to warfare and how it applies to military strategy and tactics. For almost 1,500 years it was the lead text in an anthology that was formalized as the Seven Military Classics by Emperor Shenzong of Song in 1080. The Art of War remains the most influential strategy text in East Asian warfare and has influenced both Far Eastern and Western military thinking, business tactics, legal strategy, lifestyles and beyond.” (Again: Sun Tzu: Wikipedia)
Me: Regardless who “The Art of War” is ULTIMATELY attributed to, or NOT…The saying: “Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer.” is arguably contained in that body of work. That is simple history. Attributing this phrase to a movie from the 70’s is LAUGHABLE, as is your reasoning that anything discovered by research in this millennium CANNOT by definition trump “research” from the 70’s, come on! (So sorry to put it as directly as that…”extensibly researched.”) ADMINISTRATIVE (¿how are you even allowed?) retrogress, such as YOU have demonstrated, is the VERY reason people CANNOT quote Wikipedia without derision thrown back at them! Change it back…or lose a donor. Additionally, I promise I will NEVER use your site, defend it to others, and will even JOIN the naysayers (and tell them why—how you DON’T even use Wikipedia’s own data to publish accurate articles). JaneDoeSelvidge (talk) 07:08, 11 December 2021 (UTC)
- It is relatively simple to seek historical records on the internet, and to this day, though the phrase is now OFTEN over-confidentally attributed to "Sun Tzu" and the Art of War, or sometimes Machiavelli or Petrarch — there remains NO publication yet located where the phrase or even phrases to precisely that point occur prior to it's use in the 1974 film Godfather II. That is the fact which prompted the declaration of the attribution to Sun Tzu's Art of War a highly popular ERROR, and that remains a fact which makes that a valid assertion. It might be very easy to say that it is "arguably contained in that body of work" — but it is much more difficult to genuinely FIND any instance of the phrase in ANY actual translation of the work prior to 1974, or so far as I know, even in any genuine translation since. ~ 19:13, 11 December 2021 (UTC)
How we will see unregistered users
You get this message because you are an admin on a Wikimedia wiki.
When someone edits a Wikimedia wiki without being logged in today, we show their IP address. As you may already know, we will not be able to do this in the future. This is a decision by the Wikimedia Foundation Legal department, because norms and regulations for privacy online have changed.
Instead of the IP we will show a masked identity. You as an admin will still be able to access the IP. There will also be a new user right for those who need to see the full IPs of unregistered users to fight vandalism, harassment and spam without being admins. Patrollers will also see part of the IP even without this user right. We are also working on better tools to help.
We have two suggested ways this identity could work. We would appreciate your feedback on which way you think would work best for you and your wiki, now and in the future. You can let us know on the talk page. You can write in your language. The suggestions were posted in October and we will decide after 17 January.
Thank you. /Johan (WMF)
18:14, 4 January 2022 (UTC)
Quote of the Day for March 4
Just an FYI: I added a new suggestion for the March 4 Quote of the Day by Buzz Aldrin. I think it would work well paired with today's Quote of the Day for March 3 in light of global events. Nicole Sharp (talk) 22:10, 3 March 2022 (UTC)
- Thanks for your suggestion. I considered it, but for several days had been intending to quote some of the comments of UN ambassador Linda Thomas-Greenfield and a few other international diplomats on recent events. I have started a page for her today, and hope to have time to add a bit more to it in coming days. I would recommend placing your suggestion on the January 20 QOTD suggestion page, where I would probably rank it a 3, with a strong lean toward 4. I will keep it in mind, as events proceed, but am likely to generally use quotes more specific to to the present crises caused by Putin's decision to initiate the Russian invasion of Ukraine, for many of the coming days. ~ 00:58, 4 March 2022 (UTC)
- I am not actually sure what you are requesting — I am not an active member of that non-WMF project, wherever some online version of it might exist, and the article page which exists regarding it here "Encyclopedia Dramatica", though it has little merit or activity related to it, there is not actually much to delete, or in urgent need of deletion. ~ 00:51, 21 May 2022 (UTC)
- GRP made page saying stuff against me and then locked it. – Ilovemydoodle (talk | e-mail) 00:53, 21 May 2022 (UTC)
- The constant crap that GRP regularly indulges in and promotes is ultimately of little real consequence, and wherever it exists, few people take actual note of it. ~ 00:55, 21 May 2022 (UTC)
- GRP made page saying stuff against me and then locked it. – Ilovemydoodle (talk | e-mail) 00:53, 21 May 2022 (UTC)
While I respect your point of view, it is already written that Russia encompasses 1/8 of Earth's inhabited surface. Why not add more to it, to make the reader grasp the massiveness. You probably feel what I mean. --Spafky (talk) 07:18, 23 May 2022 (UTC)