Add to Kalki index as Created:
- Abdullah II of Jordan ·
- J. J. Abrams ·
- Acceptance · Dispose thy Soul to all good and necessary things! ~ Pythagoras · A mind of von Neumann's inexorable logic had to understand and accept much that most of us do not want to accept and do not even wish to understand. ~ Eugene Wigner
- Ahimsa · By anarchy I mean first an absolute rejection of violence. ~ Jacques Ellul
- Aikido ·
- Antichrist ·
- Apology · Pro-corporate apologists — hijacked the vocabulary of Jeffersonian liberalism and turned words like "progress," "opportunity," and "individualism" into tools for making the plunder of America sound like divine right. ~ Bill Moyers
- Avengers: Age of Ultron ·
- Awe ·
- Baldr ·
- Robert Barclay · God Almighty, who hath so signally hitherto visited thee with his love, so touch and reach thy heart, ere the day of thy visitation be expired, that thou mayest effectually turn to him so as to improve thy place and station for his name.
- James Lee Barrett ·
- Baseball · Baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good and that could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come. ~ Field of Dreams
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ·
- Luc Besson · Life was given to us a billion years ago. What have we done with it?
- Bowdoin College ·
- Libba Bray
- Jacques Brel · If we only have love
Then we'll only be men
And we'll drink from the Grail
To be born once again…
- Bridge ·
- Brigit of Kildare · I would like the angels of Heaven to be among us.
I would like an abundance of peace.
- Caution · Your spiritual teachers caution you against enquiry — tell you not to read certain books; not to listen to certain people; to beware of profane learning; to submit your reason, and to receive their doctrines for truths. Such advice renders them suspicious counsellors. ~ Frances Wright
- Kenneth Chenault ·
- Eleanor Clift ·
- Cold · Here I stand
In the light of day!
Let the storm rage on!
The cold never bothered me anyway! ~ Frozen
- Completeness · We have established complete liberty of conscience, and, in consequence, a complete liberty for mental activity. All free and daring souls have before them a well-nigh limitless opening for endeavor of any kind. ~ Theodore Roosevelt
- Control · The paramount question of the day is not political, is not religious, but is economic. The crying-out demand of today is for a circle of principles that shall forever make it impossible for one man to control another by controlling the means of his existence. ~ Voltairine de Cleyre
- Complexity · The world is complex. That complexity is beautiful. I love trying to understand how things work. But that's because there's something to be learned from mastering that complexity. ~ Ward Cunningham
- A. J. Cronin ·
- Connection ·
- Destruction · You cannot seek Destruction and return unscathed. ~ Neil Gaiman in The San∂man
- Dimension · My volition shrinks from the painful task of recalling my humiliation; yet, like a second Prometheus, I will endure this and worse, if by any means I may arouse in the interiors of Plane and Solid Humanity a spirit of rebellion against the Conceit which would limit our Dimensions to Two or Three or any number short of Infinity. ~ Edwin Abbott Abbott
- Doctor Strange ·
- Doug Dorst ·
- Drink · Here are your waters and your watering place.
Drink and be whole again beyond confusion. ~ Robert Frost
- Earthquake · Opinions have caused more ills than the plague or earthquakes on this little globe of ours. ~ Voltaire
- Elijah · Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so.
- Empathy · Wouldn`t it be wonderful if we could all be a little more gentle with each other, and a little more loving, have a little more empathy, and maybe we'd like each other a little bit more. ~ Judy Garland
- Enlightenment (spiritual) · Neither fire, nor moisture, nor wind
can destroy the blessing of good deeds,
and blessings enlighten the whole world. ~ Gautama Buddha
- The Equalizer (film) · I am offering you a chance to do the right thing. Take it.
- Ethical movement · Without "ethical culture," there is no salvation for humanity. ~ Albert Einstein
- Eve · After all these years I see that I was mistaken about Eve in the beginning; it is better to live outside the Garden with her than inside it without her. ~ Mark Twain
- Freethought · Every notion that any man, dead, living, or unborn, might form as to the universe will necessarily prove wrong. ~ James Branch Cabell
- Galaxy · Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another. ~ Carl Sagan
- Ganesha · Symbolically, Ganesha represents the basic unity of the macrocosm and microcosm, the immense being (the elephant) and the individual being (man). ~ Alain Daniélou
- Julie Gold · From a distance there is harmony
And it echoes through the land
And it's the hope of hopes, it's the love of loves
It's the heart of every man.
- Amy Grant · Believing in the one thing
That has gotten us this far —
That's what love is for
To help us through it
That's what love is for
Nothing else can do it
Melt our defenses
Bring us back to our senses
Give us strength to try once more
Baby, that's what love is for.
- Grok · Grok means to understand so thoroughly that the observer becomes a part of the observed — to merge, blend, intermarry, lose identity in group experience. It means almost everything that we mean by religion, philosophy, and science — and it means as little to us (because of our Earthling assumptions) as color means to a blind man. ~ Robert A. Heinlein
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2008 team) · I don't know if this team will work or not. All I know is it MUST. Time is critical. I see clearly now why I've been reborn. We haven't got long. Years if we're lucky, months if we're not. ~ Adam Warlock
- Guardians of the Galaxy (film) · I was only a kid when I left Earth, and I had no idea what the universe had in store for me. · It's time we stand up for what is right.
- Hanukkah · Look out for the wall!
- Héloïse (abbess) ·
- High Plains Drifter · Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.
- Holy Spirit · As we study the Scriptures, we should pray for the light of God's Holy Spirit to shine upon the word, that we may see and appreciate its treasures. ~ Ellen G. White
- Hui Shi · Let love embrace the ten thousand things; Heaven and earth are a single body.
- Humankind (USA Today) ·
- Idolatry · There is a great difference between the Idols of the human mind and the Ideas of the divine. That is to say, between certain empty dogmas, and the true signatures and marks set upon the works of creation as they are found in nature. ~ Francis Bacon
- Importance · There's something you better understand about me 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. … I am definitely a mad man with a box. ~ Eleventh incarnation of the Doctor
- Interstellar (film) · Love is the one thing that transcends time and space.
- John of Bohemia · I require you bring me so far forward, that I may strike one stroke with my sword.
- Jean de Florette ·
- Jean Jullien ·
- Jungle · We are all made of the same stuff, remember, we of the Jungle, you of the City. The same substance composes us — the tree overhead, the stone beneath us, the bird, the beast, the star — we are all one, all moving to the same end. Remember that when you no longer remember me, my child. ~ P. L. Travers
- Kairos · Our task is to serve the logos out of the depths of our new kairos, a kairos that is now emerging in the crises and catastrophes of our day. Hence, the more deeply we understand fate — our own personal fate and that of our society — the more our intellectual work will have power and truth. ~ Paul Tillich
- Krzysztof Kieślowski ·
- Louis L'Amour
- Laniakea Supercluster · For the first time, astronomers have outlined and named the network of galaxies that includes the Milky Way, adding a line to our cosmic address and further defining our place in the universe. They call it Laniakea, which is Hawaiian for “immense heaven.” ~ Douglas Quenqua
- Logos ·
- Lucy (2014 film) · We never really die.
- Manon des Sources (1986 film) ·
- Marching ·
- Peter Matthiessen ·
- Malachy McCourt ·
- Rod McKuen · Jean, Jean, you're young and alive
Come out of your half-dreamed dream
And run, if you will, to the top of the hill
Open your arms, bonnie Jean.
- Brian McNaughton ·
- Milarepa · Do not spend your life committing sinful deeds;
It is good for you to practice holy Dharma.
- Mob · A mob is a society of bodies voluntarily bereaving themselves of reason, and traversing its work. The mob is man voluntarily descending to the nature of the beast. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Monster ·
- Graham Moore (writer) · Stay weird, stay different — and then, when it’s your turn, and you are standing on this stage, please pass the same message to the next person who comes along.
- Motion · Something in the way she moves
attracts me like no other lover… ~ George Harrison
- Mutant · Mutation: it is the key to our evolution. …This process is slow, and normally taking thousands and thousands of years. But every few hundred millennia, evolution leaps forward. ~ X-Men
- Now ·
- Odin ·
- Only You (1994 film)
- Preparation ·
- Qi ·
- Play ·
- Predestination (film) ·
- Preparation ·
- Puzzle ·
- Radical center (politics)
- Anantanand Rambachan
- Remedy ·
- S. (Dorst novel) ·
- Kailash Satyarthi
- Sermon on the Mount ·
- Ship of Theseus ·
- Snob ·
- Jerry Stiller
- String theory ·
- Theseus ·
- Three Colors: White ·
- Three Colors: Red ·
- Three Colors trilogy ·
- Thor ·
- Tomorrowland (film) ·
- Bill Trader ·
- Trojan horse ·
- Týr ·
- Ugliness ·
- Vocation ·
- A. E. van Vogt ·
- Walk off the Earth ·
- Joseph N. Welch ·
- Wakefulness · Everything in life is miraculous. For the sigil taught me that it rests within the power of each of us to awaken at will from a dragging nightmare of life made up of unimportant tasks and tedious useless little habits, to see life as it really is, and to rejoice in its exquisite wonderfulness. ~ James Branch Cabell
- The Way of a Pilgrim · Among other words I heard these—"Pray without ceasing."
- World Soul · God may be either a world-soul or a collection of world-souls. So I am thinking that atoms and humans and God may have minds that differ in degree but not in kind. ~ Freeman Dyson
- Laura Ingalls Wilder · I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.
- Zeus ·
+ significantly worked upon:
- About Time (2013 film) · I think I've learned the final lesson from my travels in time; and I've even gone one step further than my father did: The truth is I now don't travel back at all, not even for the day, I just try to live every day as if I've deliberately come back to this one day, to enjoy it, as if it was the full final day of my extraordinary, ordinary life.
- Adnan Oktar · The proponents of violence are killing Muslims and they are killing Christians, they are killing Jews as well; they are enemies to everyone.
- Aladdin (1992 Disney film) · Genie, you're free.
- Alcaeus of Mytilene ·
- Alec Baldwin · I want to be a ferocious liberal.
- Apocrypha · Great is truth, and mighty above all things.
- Frédéric Bastiat · When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang · Never say "no" to adventures. Always say "yes", otherwise you'll lead a very dull life.
- Edward de Bono · Rightness is what matters in vertical thinking. Richness is what matters in lateral thinking.
- Electric Light Orchestra · 'It's a livin' thing.
It's a terrible thing to lose.
It's a given thing.
What a terrible thing to lose.
- Ian Fleming · I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
- David Gilmour · Who are you and who am I
To say we know the reason why
Some are born, some men die,
Beneath one infinite sky?
- Zane Grey · To bear up under loss — to fight the bitterness of defeat and the weakness of grief — to be victor over anger — to smile when tears are close — to resist evil men and base instincts — to hate hate and to love love — to go on when it would seem good to die — to seek ever after the glory and the dream — to look up with unquenchable faith in something evermore about to be — that is what any man can do, and so be great.
- Scarlett Johansson · I read a lot of things about myself that aren't true … I've read that I've been with people I've never met.
- Milla Jovovich · Martial arts is something I’ve always loved doing. It’s the only form of exercise that I can deal with. Everything else is really boring and mind-numbing.
- Kabir · Hindus and Moslems alike have achieved that End, where remains no mark of distinction.
- Akshay Kumar · Change cannot come from one politician, it has to come from each one of us and not just for today...it's a gradual process. Let's be responsible & work towards it.
- Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette · Liberty consists in the freedom to do everything which injures no one else; hence the exercise of the natural rights of each man has no limits except those which assure to the other members of the society the enjoyment of the same rights.
- Jack Monroe · Food poverty comes in two strands. The first is not having enough money to buy food for yourself and your family. The second is poverty of education.
- Patton (film) · Fixed fortifications are monuments to the stupidity of man.
- Perception · Truth is universal. Perception of truth is not.
- Randy Pausch · If I could only give three words of advice, they would be, "tell the truth." If I got three more words, I'd add: "All the time."
- Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan · If there is a single goal for all civilization, it does not mean that all shall speak a common tongue or profess a common creed, or that all shall live under a single government, or all shall follow an unchanging pattern in customs and manners.
- Wilhelm Röntgen · I did not think; I investigated. … Having discovered the existence of a new kind of rays, I of course began to investigate what they would do. … We shall see what we shall see. We have the start now; the developments will follow in time.
- Oskar Schindler · I hated the brutality, the sadism, and the insanity of Nazism. I just couldn't stand by and see people destroyed. I did what I could, what I had to do, what my conscience told me I must do. That's all there is to it.
- Gloria Steinem · I always thought that "humanist" was a good word long before I understood that anyone thought it was a bad word.
- Dawud Wharnsby · We must reach out to our neighbours not with an agenda of conversion, but in simple acts of sincere love.
- Frances Wright · An opinion, right or wrong can never constitute a moral offense, nor be in itself a moral obligation.