(Redirected from Fight)
Combat or fighting is a purposeful violent conflict meant to weaken, or establish dominance over the opposition, or to kill the opposition, or drive the opposition away from a location where it is not wanted or needed.
- When one must fight, one had better do it without hesitation, according to his own nature.
- Fausto Cercignani, as quoted in Quotes We Cherish : Quotations from Fausto Cercignani (2013), p. 11.
- It is nothing so trivial as revenge. A fight to the death with you. Only in that can my soul find respite. I will kill you or you will kill me... it makes no difference.
- Cyborg Ninja Metal Gear Solid written by Hideo Kojima, Tomokazu Fukushima
- There are plenty of good reasons for fighting … but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God Almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side. It’s that part of every man that finds all kinds of ugliness so attractive.
Hoyt's New Cyclopedia Of Practical Quotations
- Quotes reported in Hoyt's New Cyclopedia Of Practical Quotations (1922), p. 841-60.
- Fighting men are the city’s fortress.
- Alcaeus of Mytilene, Fragment, XXII.
- For those that fly may fight again,
Which he can never do that’s slain.
- Butler Samuel, Hudibras, Pt. III, Canto III, l. 243-44.
- Con disavvantaggio grande si fa la guerra con chi non ha che perdere.
- We fight to great disadvantage when we fight with those who have nothing to lose.
- Guicciardini Francesco, La Historia d’Italia (1561). Book V, p. 400.
- For bragging time was over and fighting time was come.
- Newbolt Henry, Hawke, l. 7, in: Collected Poems 1897-1907 (1910).
- He which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his passport shall be made.
- Shakespeare William, Henry V, Act IV, Sc. 3, l. 35.