Quotes using the idea of Never
- Never generally means "at no point in time." The term comes from the words 'no' and 'ever', meaning that something is not ever going to happen.
- Had we never lov'd sae kindly,
Had we never lov'd sae blindly,
Never met - or never parted,
We had ne'er been broken-hearted.
- Robert Burns, Ae Fond Kiss
- Never give in — never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
- Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.
- Captain: Though related to a peer,
I can hand, reef, and steer,
And ship a selvagee;
I am never known to quail
At the fury of a gale,
And I'm never, never sick at sea!
Chorus: What, never?
Captain: No, never!
Chorus: What, never?
Captain: Hardly ever!
- W. S. Gilbert, H. M. S. Pinafore
- To get mixed up with a man who says never
May be big trouble, but then
I just could be the woman to take you
And make you never say never again.
- Never Say Never Again theme lyrics by Lani Hall.
- It's never too late for peace, Black.
- And on my soul, I swear that until my dream...of a world where dignity, honor and justice are the reality we all share...I'll never stop fighting. Ever.
- "Might makes right" has never been a productive philosophy.
- You're right about me. I would never put civilians in harm's way. I won't kill. But you would.
- They saw the ugliness of violence as a solution and it frightened them. It frightened me too when I decided to cross that line and do what you do. It's so easy. Anger, vengeance. Luckily, I'm not you. And I never will be.
- Superman vs. The Elite written by Joe Kelly
- Oh, East is East and West is West, and never the twain shall meet,
Till Earth and Sky stand presently at God's great Judgment Seat;
But there is neither East nor West, Border, nor Breed, nor Birth,
When two strong men stand face to face, though they come from the ends of the earth!
- I have met people who have claimed to be satanists, who claimed to be involved with black magic...I warn all of you: never, never, never. You will not only lose your mind, you'll lose your soul.
- Christopher Lee, University College Dublin interview, 2011, 
- Clara: You told me the name you chose was a promise. What was the promise?
- Tenth Doctor: Never cruel or cowardly.
- War Doctor: Never give up, never give in.
- Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore'.
- Edgar Allan Poe, The Raven
- No, no, no life!
Why should a dog, a horse, a rat, have life,
And thou no breath at all? Thou'lt come no more,
Never, never, never, never, never!
- And silence their mourning
With vows of returning
But never intending to visit them more.
No never, no never, intending to visit them more.
- Thou shalt hear the 'Never, never', whispered by the phantom years.
- Alfred Tennyson, Locksley Hall, line 83
- Her uncle drove a taxi which he had purchased on the 'never never' system. You pay $80 down and more than you can afford for the rest of your life.
- Edgar Wallace, novel "More Educated Evans" (1926)
- I'll love you till the bluebells forget to bloom;
I'll love you till the clover has lost its perfume.
I'll love you till the poets run out of rhyme,
Until the twelfth of never and that's a long, long time.
- The Moment of Death; or, The Never, Never Land
- Israel Zangwill, Title of play (1900)
Books and Film
- Peter Pan (originally titled Peter Pan and Wendy). Peter Pan spends his never-ending childhood adventuring on the small island of Never land as leader of the Lost Boys.
- Finding Neverland, Academy Award-winning film released in 2004. Semi-fictional account of the experiences of Peter Pan author J. M. Barrie that led him to write the children's classic.
- Never Say Never Again, Warner Bros. film released in 1983, is the unofficial remake of the 1965 James Bond film Thunderball, starring Sean Connery as the famous British Secret Service agent.