Rory Williams is a fictional character portrayed by Arthur Darvill in the long-running British science fiction television series Doctor Who. Having been introduced as the boyfriend of Amy Pond at the start of Series 5, Rory joins Amy as a companion of eleventh incarnation of the Doctor, marrying Amy in the final episode of Series 5. In the 2011 episode A Good Man Goes to War it is revealed that he and Amy are the parents of River Song.
- 1 Quotes
- 2 Quotes about Rory Williams
- 3 External links
"2000 years. I've waited 2000 years for you."
The Vampires of Venice [5.6]
- (8 May 2010)
- The Doctor [after entering the TARDIS]: It's a lot to take in, isn't it? Tiny box, huge room inside; what's that about? Let me explain...
- Rory: It's another dimension.
- The Doctor: It's basically another dimen — what?
- Rory: After what happened with Prisoner Zero, I've been reading up on all the latest scientific theories. FTL travel, parallel universes.
- The Doctor: I like the bit when someone says "It's bigger on the inside!" I always look forward to that. [The Doctor looks annoyed, then smiles]
- The Doctor: I can't see a thing.
- Rory: Just as well I brought this, then. [brings out a small torch]
- The Doctor: [pulls out a bigger one from his jacket] Ultraviolet, portable satalite.
- Rory: [put out] Yours is bigger than mine.
- The Doctor: Lets not go there.
- Amy: Hey, look at this. I got my spaceship, I got my boys... my work here is done. [struts into the TARDIS, head held high]
- Rory: [scoffs] Uh, we are not her "boys."
- The Doctor: Yeah, we are.
- Rory: Yeah, we are.
Amy's Choice [5.7]
- (15 May 2010)
- Rory: Uh, listen mate; If anybody's the gooseberry, it's the Doctor!
- The Dream Lord: Well, now there's a delusion I'm not responsible for.
The Pandorica Opens [5.12]
- (19 June 2010)
- The Doctor: Rory, I'm not trying to be rude... but you died.
- Rory: Yeah, I know, I was there.
- The Doctor: You died, and then you were erased from time. You didn't just die — you were never born at all. You never existed!
- Rory: Erased? What does that mean?
- The Doctor: [Gestures] How can you be here?
- Rory: Ah, I don't know. It's kind of fuzzy.
- The Doctor: Fuzzy?
- Rory: Well, I died, and turned into a Roman. It's very distracting.
The Impossible Astronaut [6.1]
- (23 April 2011)
- Canton: So...We're in a box that's bigger on the inside, and travels from time and space?
- Rory: Basically, yeah.
- Canton: How long have Scotland Yard had this?
The Doctor's Wife [6.4]
- (14 May 2011)
- Idris: [sending a telepathic message] Hello Pretty!
- Rory: [he sees Idris] What the hell is that?
A Good Man Goes to War [6.7]
- (4 June 2011)
- Rory [to leaders of a Cybermen legion]: I have a message and a question: a message from the Doctor and a question from me. Where. Is. My. Wife? [The Cybermen do not respond] Oh, don't give me those blank looks. The Twelfth Cyber Legion monitors this entire quadrant. You hear everything. So you tell me what I need to know, you tell me now, and I'll be on my way.
- Cyber Leader: What is the Doctor's message?
- [A complex space base of Cybermen operations explodes in the window behind Rory]
- Rory: Would you like me to repeat the question?
- [after Rory apparently rescues Melody and brings her to Amy]
- Rory: [starting to tear up] Oh god, I was going to be cool. I wanted to be cool, and now look at me.
- Amy: [smiles tearfully] A crying roman with a baby - Definitely cool.
Let's Kill Hitler [6.8]
- (27 August 2011)
- The Doctor: Rory, take Hitler and put him in the cupboard over there, now. Do it.
- Rory: ...Right. Putting Hitler in the cupboard. Cupboard, Hitler. Hitler, cupboard, c'mon.
- Adolf Hitler: But I am the Führer!
- Rory: Right. In you go! [Rory shoves Hitler into the cupboard]
- Hitler [turns around shocked at being shoved around]: Who are you?
- [Rory slams the door shut]
- Rory: Doctor, River was brainwashed to kill you.
- The Doctor: Well, she did. And then she used her remaining lives to bring me back. As first dates go, I’d say that was mixed signals.
The Angels Take Manhattan [7.5]
- (29 September 2012)
- [The Doctor, Amy, Rory and River watch as an elderly version of Rory dies]
- Rory: Could someone please tell me what is going on?
- The Doctor: I'm sorry, Rory... but you just died.
- Rory: [hearing a metal crashing sound outside] What was that?
- The Doctor: I don't know. But I think they're coming for you.
- Rory: What does that mean? What is going to happen to me? What is physically going to happen?
- The Doctor: The Angels will come for you. They'll zap you back in time to this spot thirty, forty years ago, and you will live out the rest of your life in that room until you die in that bed.
- Rory: And will Amy be there?
- The Doctor: No.
- Amy: How do you know?
- The Doctor: Because he was so pleased to see you again.
- Rory: [sarcastically optimistic] Okay... well, they haven't taken me yet!
- [Faced with a monstrous Weeping Angel Statue of Liberty]
- Rory: I always wanted to visit the Statue of Liberty. I guess she got impatient.
- Amy: [as Rory runs to the opposite side of the roof behind her] What? What is it? What?!
- Rory: Just keep your eyes on that! [reaches the edge, finding there is no safe way down] Oh, god.
- Amy: Is there a way down?
- Rory: Uh... no... but there's a way out.
- [Rory begins to climb onto the edge]
- Amy: What are you doing? Rory! What are you doing? [turns around] Rory. Stop it. You'll die.
- Rory: Yeah, twice. On the same building on the same night. Who else could do that?
- Amy: Just come down, please.
- Rory: This is the right thing to do. This will work. If I die now, it's a paradox, right? The paradox will kill the Angels. Tell me I'm wrong. Go on, please, because I'm really scared. [she says nothing] Great. The one time you can't manage it.
- [Amy catches Rory as he tries to fall]
- Rory: Amy... I'm gonna... need a little help here. [presses her hand against him]
- Amy: [catches him as he tries to fall again] Just stop it!
- Rory: Just think it through. This will work. This will kill the Angels.
- Amy: It will kill you, too!
- Rory: Will it? River said that this place would be erased from time. It never existed. If this place never existed, what did I fall off?
- Amy: You think you'll just come back to life?
- Rory: When don't I?!
- Amy: Rory -
- Rory: Anyway, what else is there? Dying of old age, downstairs, never seeing you again? Amy, please. If you love me, then trust me, and push.
- Amy: I can't.
- Rory: You have to!
- Amy: Could you? If it was me, could you do it?
- Rory: To save you... I could do anything.
- [Amy lets go of Rory and climbs onto the edge next to him]
- Amy: Prove it.
- Rory: No, I can't take you, too!
- Amy: You said we'd come back to life. Money where your mouth is, this time.
- Rory: Amy, we-
- Amy: Shut... up. [begins wrapping Rory's arms around her] Together, or not at all.
- The Doctor: [climbing over a fire escape] What the hell are you doing?!
- Amy: Changing the future. It's called marriage.
- [Amy and Rory step off the roof]
- The Doctor: Amy! Amy! Amy...
- River: [noticing a white glow appearing over the building] Doctor!
- The Doctor: River!
- River: What's happening?!
- The Doctor: The paradox - it's working! The paradox is working!
- [Rory and Amy wake up in a graveyard in 2012]
- Rory: Where are we?
- The Doctor: [excited] Back where we started! You collapsed the timeline! The paradox worked! We're all pinged back where we belong
- Rory: What, in a graveyard?
- [Rory finds a gravestone marked with his name]
- Rory: Amy! Come see this.
- Amy: What?
- Rory: There's a gravestone here for someone with the same name as me.
- Amy: What?
- [Rory suddenly vanishes, revealing a Weeping Angel standing behind where he was]
Quotes about Rory Williams
- There's someone coming. I don't know where he is, or what he's doing, but trust me, he's on his way. … There's a man who will never let us down. And not even an army can get in the way. … He's the last of his kind. He looks young but he's lived for hundreds and hundreds for years. And wherever they take you, Melody, however scared you are, I promise you, you'll never be alone. … Because this man is your father. … He has a name but the people of our world know him better ... as the Last Centurion.
- You know when sometimes you meet someone so beautiful — and then you actually talk to them and five minutes later they're as dull as a brick; but then there's other people. And you meet them and you think, "Not bad, they're okay," and when you get to know them ... their face just, sort of, becomes them, like their personality's written all over it, and they just — they turn into something so beautiful. Rory's the most beautiful man I've ever met.